Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Phenmor Jams, Please Fix

(PSN)haphazardlynamed

The Incarnon Phenmor JAMS when the energy bar runs out

Instead of just converting back to Normal Mode, like every other Incarnon weapon does!

DE, please fix it to work consistently like the other Incarnon weapons.

with how visually hectic WF is, you often have several seconds of firing blanks before you realize the Phenmor has jammed up....

Not just the Phenmor, the Felarx does it alot.. :(   

Edit:  Also was using the Laetum yesterday in the Archon Hunt and it does it as well...  So over the last 8hrs, I used the 3 guns solely to test them for this bug  and I have it less on the Phenmor, which is the gun I use all the time, but more on the Felarx and Laetum especially the Laetum.  The Laetum seemed to "jam" in the incarnon mode a lot more than the others, I spent most of the time in Steel Path, the first hr run using the Laetum it jammed 4 times.. next hr run using Felarx jammed 2 times, next hr run using Phenmor 1 jam.  Then did it again 1 hr each with no other primary or secondary just the weapon and my hammer for emergencies :) ..  Phenmor 2 jams, Felarx 4 jams, Laetum 6 jams.. next I took Phenmor and Laetum for 1 hr, Phenmor 0 jams, Laetum 5 jams, last hr Felarx and Laetum, Felarx 3 jams and Laetum 7 jams.  It seems to be a regular happening for me but I just adapt to it changed to Melee and back and it reverts to normal mode.. its a problem that happens sometimes and its really inconsistent to reproduce for me, in a game anyway as I dont test in the Simulacrum.   I dont really feel its a big thing DE hopefully will address this over the next 5 years and it may be fixed.. 

Yeah no, Incarnon weapons should change back automatically, you have a bug and should make a bug report.

I've personally had both Phenmor and Laetum trigger the transformation *into* Incarnon mode and then not complete it (and I can never tell if that's a bug or intended - if I did a parkour action or melee attack and interrupted it) but never had the transformation get stuck *changing back*.

8 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

The Incarnon Phenmor JAMS when the energy bar runs out

Instead of just converting back to Normal Mode, like every other Incarnon weapon does!

DE, please fix it to work consistently like the other Incarnon weapons.

with how visually hectic WF is, you often have several seconds of firing blanks before you realize the Phenmor has jammed up....

The thing I've seen that might be what you're talking about is caused by rolling, parkouring, or meleeing (and probably by some enemy CCs) during its transition back to semi-mode.  There's a short window at the beginning of that animation where it can be interrupted.  Firing one dummy shot restarts the animation, which isn't too big of a deal.  However if I'm not aware I'm completely out of charge and have the trigger depressed, it won't restart until I release and press again.

If it's the same thing, being aware of it is the first workaround.  The second is having quicker reload, as I'm pretty sure the window scales down with reload speed.

I'd appreciate having this fixed, probably by not making that animation mandatory.  Play the animation...but if it gets interrupted, transition the weapon back to semi-auto mode when it would have ended.

Secondarily, a more distinct audio cue and perhaps a different reticule for each mode might be helpful too.

2 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

However if I'm not aware I'm completely out of charge and have the trigger depressed, it won't restart until I release and press again.

Nope, that's not the issue. Because I'm always using an auto-tap macro. -ie, release and press is already happening and doing nothing.

seems more like the gun is just Not Registering that it's out of charge and not even activating the transformation animation.

perhaps some kind of math error in programming logic. -floating point error puts the meter below zero, uses a "==0" check instead of a "<0" check. or somesuch thing. could be related to host/client lag and desynchronization

2 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

I'd appreciate having this fixed, probably by not making that animation mandatory.  Play the animation...but if it gets interrupted, transition the weapon back to semi-auto mode when it would have ended.

That would be Nice for All Weapon Swaps in General. If I tap Swap Weapons, and get knocked down before it can animate. Just skip the animation and have me holding the expected gun when I stand back up.

Halo/Destiny work this way, and is a key point in why their gunplay is so smooth. You are always in control of your loadout, despite being staggered and whatnot.

4 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Because I'm always using an auto-tap macro. -ie, release and press is already happening and doing nothing.

Maybe that doesn't rule out them being the same issue? 

Two things I'm curious about: do reload interrupting actions set off your jams?  Does releasing and pressing fire clear it?

1 hour ago, Tiltskillet said:

Two things I'm curious about: do reload interrupting actions set off your jams?  Does releasing and pressing fire clear it?

No to both.

I can be just straight up continuously shooting while standing still, not being hit or staggered or doing any maneuvers. as soon as the energy bar runs out, it just stops and jams up. No conversion back to Normal mode, just makes 'clicking noises, as if out of ammo'.

100% consistent, I can even reproduce the behavior in simulacrum solo with enemy AI turned off to eliminate all influences.

No to press and release fire. that just makes it 'click' like out of ammo; even though it's still in Incarnon Mode. Have to manually press Alt to switch it back to Normal Mode.

It's behaving as if the energy bar running out never registered and the transform back never even attempted to animate. -some kind of logic error in the energy bar

9 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

I can be just straight up continuously shooting while standing still, not being hit or staggered or doing any maneuvers. as soon as the energy bar runs out, it just stops and jams up. No conversion back to Normal mode, just makes 'clicking noises, as if out of ammo'.

100% consistent, I can even reproduce the behavior in simulacrum solo with enemy AI turned off to eliminate all influences.

Does it happen with the macro turned off?

5 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Dang, I really expected that to be the issue. 

It wouldn't have been a factor anyway, since all it does is press and release trigger. Same as any human would when firing a semi weapon.

(plus this is a PS4, so its actually a Turbo Controller, not macro software running in the background that might possibly conflict with WF)

ah pain, having to xfer video from ps4 to a pc so I can upload it to support.....

15 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

It wouldn't have been a factor anyway, since all it does is press and release trigger.

It's a totally reasonable assumption, but it's a noteworthy difference between us, with you having a 100% reproducible issue and me never experiencing it that I can recall.  Anyway, with that ruled out,  there's also platform, but @-AncientWarrior- up above noted it happening as well.

I think a video will be helpful to track down the bug in any case.

Archived