The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daikyu Prime Copium thread

Skoomaseller

• 2 months later...

Good to see u @Skoomaseller!

Let’s hope this year we get daikyu prime with Xaku prime, although I’m not sure when exactly is going to appear: Xaku is the “spooky skeleton” warframe so autumn 2024 is a viable option, but at the same time has a lot of lore implications with the void and the entrati (4 the 1999 update this winter).

Changing the subject, Did you all watch the tennolive? I’m pretty hyped with the updates to come.

• Like 3

Daikyu Prime to go alongside Quassus Prime for Xaku Prime? I could see it.

By the way, Sevagoth Prime is technically the Autumn Prime for this year since his release period will be overlapping with most of the months; meaning Xaku Prime is a Winter Prime. I hope something is compensated in the form of a 'Nightmare Before Christmas' themed update due to how we technically missed the most optimal of spooky times this year. To be fair, Sevagoth is quite spooky himself; but a ghostly captain can't really compare to the mascot of horror itself; a skeleton.

Edited by Xycelium
  • Like 5

hace 5 minutos, Xycelium dijo:

Daikyu Prime to go alongside Quassus Prime for Xaku Prime? I could see it.

By the way, Sevagoth Prime is technically the Autumn Prime for this year since his release period will be overlapping with most of the months; meaning Xaku Prime is a Winter Prime. I hope something is compensated in the form of a 'Nightmare Before Christmas' themed update due to how we technically missed the most optimal of spooky times this year. To be fair, Sevagoth is quite spooky himself; but a ghostly captain can't really compare to the mascot of horror itself; a skeleton.

…and the premise of the 1999 quest is set on December 31! That’s a good point u doing @Xycelium.

• Like 2

I have some sad news to report to you, my brothers, and sisters in Archery Slings and Arrows (as opposed to Arms). 

I know longer care about the Daikyu getting Primed? Why? The Daikyu is obviously beyond such paltry and insignificant upgrades. The Daikyu is already perfect as it is. How can you upgrade from perfection itself? You can't, thats redundant and silly. We have been chasing a vacuous fantasy draped in gold trim. 

There is a greater dream, a larger dream, not a Second Dream, but a Third and Final Dream... 

Let me romance Proto Daikyu. Yes the game is going to have romances now, and with the 1999 Proto Warframes. Except my intrepid brethren. Whilst Arthur (Excalibur) is hunky, Aoi (Mag) is a delight, Lette (Trinity) has a rat, and Quincy (Cyte) a gun, Amir (Volt) is fast, and least of all, but also last, Eleanor, as in Nyx. They are great, and charming... but are they the Daikyu? No... and no mortal or immortal is. Why settle when greatness could be ours, 

So I am calling it now, Proto Daikyu for Warframe 1999, let us romance the Daikyu, and then let we'll forget that it took you so long to give us a Prime Daikyu. 

Peace! 

• Like 5

13 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

I have some sad news to report to you, my brothers, and sisters in Archery Slings and Arrows (as opposed to Arms). 

I know longer care about the Daikyu getting Primed? Why? The Daikyu is obviously beyond such paltry and insignificant upgrades. The Daikyu is already perfect as it is. How can you upgrade from perfection itself? You can't, thats redundant and silly. We have been chasing a vacuous fantasy draped in gold trim. 

There is a greater dream, a larger dream, not a Second Dream, but a Third and Final Dream... 

Let me romance Proto Daikyu. Yes the game is going to have romances now, and with the 1999 Proto Warframes. Except my intrepid brethren. Whilst Arthur (Excalibur) is hunky, Aoi (Mag) is a delight, Lette (Trinity) has a rat, and Quincy (Cyte) a gun, Amir (Volt) is fast, and least of all, but also last, Eleanor, as in Nyx. They are great, and charming... but are they the Daikyu? No... and no mortal or immortal is. Why settle when greatness could be ours, 

So I am calling it now, Proto Daikyu for Warframe 1999, let us romance the Daikyu, and then let we'll forget that it took you so long to give us a Prime Daikyu. 

Peace! 

Amen brotha

• Like 2

On 2024-08-04 at 7:46 PM, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Proto Umbral Daikyu Prime incoming

This is the way

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I recently checked out Daikyu’s launch date and it had took me by surprise: it was launched on May 12th, 2015; alongside Atomos and Boltace (one of my favourite warframe melees in design and performance).

In a few months, those three would have 10 years in-game, yet still the daikyu is the one without a variant (Atomos Incarnon; Telos Boltace).

• Like 1

Koumei and The Five Fates is going to be an upcoming Warframe update. Its going to have a distinctly Japanese flavour to it, so much so that the DE team are actually travelling to Japan. Many times in the past, many of us have speculated, some have even joked, some have made serious predictions about the day, the Daikyu would be given its proper due and prestige... However friends and family... the time for speculation and jokes is over! Can there be any doubt or uncertainty, when we have a Japanese event, spoken about in a Developer Sstream from Japan... given that the Daikyū has so much special Japanese lore significance? 

For those of you, who lack the ability to use the Google and Wikipedia to spend 5 minutes to make yourself sound like an authentic and credible veteran of Japanese history and culture, with extensive qualifications, and documents and certified papers, and of multiple decades like me, I say with deep understanding and knowledge, that in Japan, they call the bow, Yumi. Specifically traditional Japanese asymmetrical bows, and includes the longer Daikyū (大弓) and the shorter Hankyū (半弓) used in the practice of kyūdō and kyūjutsu, or Japanese archery.

Now no one cares about the Hankyū, thank you, so forget about that. The Daikyū however... How do bows generally work? With hands... how many fingers do hands usually have? 8 technically, depending on what lore you ascribe to, as far as thumb classification, but myself? I am no TERF, or Thumbs Exclusionary Radical Fingerist, we have 10 fingers! 5 on each hand. Why is that relevant? What do you use to draw back a bow string? 5 Fingers... what is the next update... Koumei and the FIVE Fates? 

The maths is calculated. The puzzle solved, the picture clear... Koumei and The Five Fates is clearly going to be able the Daikyu, and a Daikyu centred update. Anything less would be sexist! No doubt, we will get a Daikyu Prime announcement (first Fate), news of a Daikyu Incarnon (second Fate), a new Daikyu Augment (third Fate), a Proto Daikyu or 1999 Daikyu (forth Fate), and an Umbra Daikyu (fifth and final fate). 

Not a prediction, this is a spoiler! 

• Like 2

hace 4 horas, (PSN)slightconfuzzled dijo:

Koumei and The Five Fates is going to be an upcoming Warframe update. Its going to have a distinctly Japanese flavour to it, so much so that the DE team are actually travelling to Japan. Many times in the past, many of us have speculated, some have even joked, some have made serious predictions about the day, the Daikyu would be given its proper due and prestige... However friends and family... the time for speculation and jokes is over! Can there be any doubt or uncertainty, when we have a Japanese event, spoken about in a Developer Sstream from Japan... given that the Daikyū has so much special Japanese lore significance? 

For those of you, who lack the ability to use the Google and Wikipedia to spend 5 minutes to make yourself sound like an authentic and credible veteran of Japanese history and culture, with extensive qualifications, and documents and certified papers, and of multiple decades like me, I say with deep understanding and knowledge, that in Japan, they call the bow, Yumi. Specifically traditional Japanese asymmetrical bows, and includes the longer Daikyū (大弓) and the shorter Hankyū (半弓) used in the practice of kyūdō and kyūjutsu, or Japanese archery.

Now no one cares about the Hankyū, thank you, so forget about that. The Daikyū however... How do bows generally work? With hands... how many fingers do hands usually have? 8 technically, depending on what lore you ascribe to, as far as thumb classification, but myself? I am no TERF, or Thumbs Exclusionary Radical Fingerist, we have 10 fingers! 5 on each hand. Why is that relevant? What do you use to draw back a bow string? 5 Fingers... what is the next update... Koumei and the FIVE Fates? 

The maths is calculated. The puzzle solved, the picture clear... Koumei and The Five Fates is clearly going to be able the Daikyu, and a Daikyu centred update. Anything less would be sexist! No doubt, we will get a Daikyu Prime announcement (first Fate), news of a Daikyu Incarnon (second Fate), a new Daikyu Augment (third Fate), a Proto Daikyu or 1999 Daikyu (forth Fate), and an Umbra Daikyu (fifth and final fate). 

Not a prediction, this is a spoiler! 

I hope next devstream give us some info about the next prime: Lavos or Xaku (althought it’s probably too soon to speak about a new prime), being Xaku the one with chances of holding Daikyu prime. And it would make sense, knowing that Xaku has a japanese-themed deluxe skin.

I just hope we don’t have to wait for Koumei prime to obtain Daikyu (around 2028 😱).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ShruikanUmbra said:

I hope next devstream give us some info about the next prime: Lavos or Xaku (althought it’s probably too soon to speak about a new prime), being Xaku the one with chances of holding Daikyu prime. And it would make sense, knowing that Xaku has a japanese-themed deluxe skin.

I just hope we don’t have to wait for Koumei prime to obtain Daikyu (around 2028 😱).

Could actually be possible, but yeah, based on the Dev Shorts, the next Dev Stream will be pretty jam packed already, They plan on having 3 main topics, and its also going to be translated. The three topics will be Koumei related, then a section on some big QOL changes, and then third part will be some more 1999 teasing. They will also have a Dev Stream in October as well, so that might be a better time for talking about the next Prime. So yeah agreed. Either way will be nice when we find out. 

Hah, will actually be a bit funny and sad if Koumei comes with their own new Bow weapon. I mean, I enjoy getting new bows, but will also mean another bow thats Daikyu getting a Prime one day. 

• Like 1

On 2024-09-24 at 3:22 PM, PrimeLabsInc said:

I just read up on it. That's so... weird. I dunno. I'll have to see for myself when the update drops whether or not I like it or if it even impacts the game in a great enough way.

But it sure sounds weird for Warframe.

How does it sound weird considering the Warframes are getting faces with personalities?

On 2024-09-25 at 1:52 PM, Aruquae said:

Alright, this is semi related, so hear me out
Daikyu Incarnon
Thank you for listening to my Ted Talk

It better gets that +80% charge at least as perkcoz boy the gameplay is more drawing than shooting