Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What would you consider a popular post?

(PSN)Vexx757

Like the title says, what would you consider a popular post? How much likes and views does a post need to have to be a popular? and I'm not talking about what the devs put up coz obviously it will be popular.

Also how significant does a post have to be to be popular? for example someone saying "give use universal vacuum" is obviously going to be popular since most people want it but a post someone saying "make on-call crew last longer" is not going to be that popular but if it was, would that post be significant?

What about someone giving a Warframe a rework, revisit or QOL changes and it turns out the person`s ideas are popular out of all the other ideas other people have suggested, would that be significant?

Let me know your opinion.

I believe 90 likes is what gives you the popular post green frame, as for a hot post I'm not sure what exactly triggers it but it's probably many posts in a thread back to back, maybe 8?

Also a popular post doesn't always get what it's asking for, so don't think a post being popular influences too much on what gets added or changed just that there's a chunk of people that would like to see change

3 hours ago, (PSN)Vexx757 said:

How much likes and views does a post need to have to be a popular?

It's problematic to conflate likes and page views here with popularity.  There is no "dislike" button anymore, so likes mean almost nothing without further context.

Views primarily reflect longevity and entertainment factor. And are sometimes better associated with controversy rather than popularity.  A thread that stirs up conflict but just barely manages to avoid getting locked can rack up views really fast 

Views can also be manipulated by the author or other parties through bumps and tags, as well as links  in other places.   Thread merges will also distort these numbers.

Archived