Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lua’s Prey: Baruuk Prime: Hotfix 32.2.9

[DE]Megan

25 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Specters, Wukong’s Twin, and Excalibur Umbra will no longer attempt to reload when they have no ammo to do so. Instead an ammo icon will now appear above their head once they have depleted the ammo pool of all weapons to indicate that they are needing ammo pickups.

• Since Wukong’s Twin and Excalibur Umbra share ammo pools with you, once they run out of ammo they will actively search for pickups nearby. But you can also help them do so in the following ways: 

This is a very nice usability change, thank you.  But can you rethink the "sharing ammo pool" idea entirely for Twin, Umbra, and Duality? (I'm assuming you forgot Duality, since it was mentioned as sharing ammo in a previous update.)  I think I understand your goal here, but we have so little control over how Umbra and Duality especially use ammo, it feels bad that it impedes our own weapon usage.

What I'd suggest instead is giving them their own ammo pools and reducing the amount they gain from pickups.

Thanks for the update! I know it's a long shot, but is it possible for the Tiger Floof to be returned with the lunar events? I missed it last year and it's the one thing I've really wanted and hoped it'd return this year. :c I honestly see no reason why it shouldn't; since the lunar event is kind of like easter or other events, where cosmetics re-appear. It can still appear in the shop only during the Lunar Event! 

30 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Changed extraction in Survival missions so that when Life Support is depleted and a player is at extraction a 1 minute countdown begins to extract all active players in the mission. 

• This is to prevent players getting left behind in an undesirable mission state after the Host leaves the mission and migrates. 

ngl that is an awesome addition, 

Any possible way that could also be adjusted and extended to the Zeriman Bounties. So when the host accesses the terminal, instead of just yeeting everyone into an instant host migration that it starts a prominent 30 second countdown instead. 

That at least gives people time/warning to get to the elevator, while still affording the host the ability to self extract. While helping to significantly curb the revolving host migrations from people who either just don't care that they are consigning the people 3meters behind them to host migration hell or simply do not know they are the host. 

The number of times I've been right behind the host, just at the edge of the elevator and gotten HOST MIGRATION! is far larger than it should be. 

Still no fix for the "loot lag" bug when you have a specter present in a mission. This was "fixed" in update 31.1.2 and then broken again with the Lua's Prey update and still not fixed with today's hotfix. Here's a video I took today after today's hotfix showing the bug in action, skip forward to 50 seconds in. While the bug is active you can't interact with anything that would need you to press X so I can't pick up the datamass in this mission until I reload or switch to another weapon.

It applies to all primary weapons. On primary kitguns when using pax charge you're stuck unless you switch to melee, secondary or go into operator mode and move away from the loot that's stuck since you can't reload your primary weapon. 

This bug is more of an annoyance than a game breaker unless you're doing a primary only sortie. But the clicking sound is SUPER annoying especially since it can stack if there's a lot of look that's stuck. I've been able to get it to stack to the point where about the only thing you can hear in the game is constant layered clicking!

1 hour ago, Myscho said:

Can you look at how is possible for Xbox players to be week ahead in Nightwave ? Thanks

Everyone should be at Tier 29 with 500 spare points into this Nightwave if you've done every single daily and weekly challenge. 

Unless Xbox players are beyond tier 30, then everything's right and in order. 

Now, with proof, if they are past tier 30, then we have a problem. 

First time hearing of this. 

Warding Halo is supposed to provide Nezha with 90% damage reduction,

which is to be calculated as raw_damage reduced by other sources of damage reduction * 0.1

yet the game calculates (raw_damage - Warding_Halos_points) reduced by other sources of damage reduction if raw_damage is higher than Warding Halos points, which means no damage reduction is being applied but Warding Halos points are treated as extra health instead. This is resulting in much much higher damage, often instakilling Nezha.

This is not how math works. Applying a 90% damage reduction requires you to multiply by 0.1 somewhere in your formula, which is completely missing here.

There is a softlock where if I enable certain things in the settings when I searched for them in the search box, it won't allow me to close the menu and won't let me interact with anything. I tried it with the creator mode toggle personally but it could also happen with other ones

Missed this the first time I read the patch notes...

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed Nightwave reward tiers 18-19 Neura Kavat & Kubrow Gene-Masking Kits not rewarding duplication protection if you already own them. 

• If you did not receive duplication protection for the kits, you can contact support.warframe.com to receive the missing Creds. Please use “Neura” in the title of your ticket so that the team can easily find your request. 

If it's within DE's capabilities to run a script to do this instead, that would be a much more conscientious solution.  There will be a lot of people who have no idea there was a problem with NW credits.  And some who do know won't see your instructions here and  will expect DE is correcting the issue automatically.

It's a bugfix, and a better look for DE to do all the legwork than to leave any part of it up to players filing support tickets.  Naturally that's going to be the fallback if a script doesn't catch everyone affected.

1 hour ago, oceano4 said:

Wow that's a pretty skin!
But on the topic of updates -

Can we PLEASE get the option to unbind "activate selected power" and blink from each other?
Playing Archwhing and Titania on my controller set is almost impossible.

I've been playing since 2014 so it's just the way I play now, with controller. My scheme may be a mix of the old layout still, but either way I can't unbind these two options. 
This never used to be a problem, but I think it was the railjack update that made this all funky. 
Do any other players on PC with controller struggle with Archwing because of this?

I play though Steam, and use a controller layout better suited to how I play. It overrides Warframe's layout. But, I do also mod the in-game to be as close to it as possible. Blink is not tied/bound to Activate Selected Power. It is bound/tied to Move Down/Dodge/Blink. The simplest way to what you want would be to replace Cycle Power Left (or Right). I replaced the cycle power functions, because I just use the Powers menu for powers selection. For steam controller to work properly, though, you need to go into game properties in steam library, tell Warframe to Enable Steam Input, then go to Warframe's Library page in Steam and find Controller Layout at the end. Click on that to bring up controller configuration options. Then, click on the little white arrow above the gear icon next to Edit Layout, to go into the "Load a layout" selection. I chose Proper Warframe Controls as a base for my own setup, and then modded it extensively using the Edit Layout button. Once you get a layout set up how you like, press the gear icon and export your loadout as a personal loadout and give it a name, in case you need to go back and work on it later. Bonus fact: Steam saves these in your online steam profile, so you can access them if for example, you get a new computer. Picture walkthrough follows...
8949245bdf1dd7c08cb352ed29272b97.png

77eb99614db87423cf7d08d8dba2ed1f.png

294d6fa55dc133a1ceb24b284abd098d.png

51d12627513a3421da159d482f176a00.png

54 minutes ago, AcedFox said:

Is it possible for AK weapons/guns have access to the same skins as single handed pistols/blades? :) (example: LEX - 11 skins VS AKLEX - 1 skin)

Also something we're missing.

Happy new (lunar) year!

This is something that would really be nice. We know that Pyranna prime does it with its energy clone. Dual pistols are nice, but we really do need dual pistol versions of the single pistol skins. Perolia is the only skin I know of that comes with single and dual version.

Welcome back.

Does DE have any intention of fixing the bug that was introduced with the Prolonged Paralysis change where it only increases the Stun by 100% instead of 200%, and is no longer benefitting from power strength? This has actually made the augment worse than it was prior to Lua's Prey.

I apologize that you have to scroll down for my post with the video demonstrating this bug. For some reason it was decided to merge my report with a parallel thread that didn't have a lot of overlap.

2 hours ago, DreamGirly said:

@ update messages

2023 can be divided by the prime numbers 7 and 17, but I don't see any prime numbers that multiply together to make 2023?

Did you know that not only is 2023 divisible by 7, but it's numbers also add up to 7? 2+0+2+3=7!

I have been informed that 2023 is in fact 7 * 17 * 17.

That's cheating though!

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Lunar Renewal Theme - A custom UI color theme. 

• Same theme as last year! One time purchase. 

• Lunar Renewal Background - A custom UI background. 

• Same background as last year! One time purchase but now you can choose which Lunar Animal icon you want to use: Tiger or Rabbit (Ox to come in future hotfix/update). ed2cfb42101ffc94c43facab08bff4bc.png

Where would this icon appear when the theme is selected?

3 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Missed this the first time I read the patch notes...

If it's within DE's capabilities to run a script to do this instead, that would be a much more conscientious solution.  There will be a lot of people who have no idea there was a problem with NW credits.  And some who do know won't see your instructions here and  will expect DE is correcting the issue automatically.

It's a bugfix, and a better look for DE to do all the legwork than to leave any part of it up to players filing support tickets.  Naturally that's going to be the fallback if a script doesn't catch everyone affected.

I was going to say similar.  I'm not sure if I got the creds or not, and everyone else in my clan definitely has no idea one way or another, so it's unlikely any of us are going to contact support about it.  They really ought to figure out a script for it, or barring that, just give creds to everyone as a community-wise mea culpa.  The applications for creds are pretty limited anyway, so it's not going to hurt much if some people get more than intended here and there.

Archived