Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stuck in the new war

(PSN)Solstafira

Question

Hello, i started the new war cause people told me i didn't need to upgrade my railjack, just own one 

I got to the first railjack part and cannot get through it.

I need to travel 10000 meters to the mothership while being attacked by sentient fighters.

My hull is 1000 and my guns are weak.

Can only kill one or two fighters if i'm lucky and cannot even travel a third of the distance before i get destroyed.

What should i do?

Edited by (PSN)Solstafira

12 answers to this question

Admittedly...my Railjack wasn't the most well built when I played TNW, and I still had some trouble getting through it. "People" told you correctly, you don't need to upgrade your Railjack. But it does help.

I don't remember if my NPC crew were with me for the fight, but if so, they probably at least partially carried me. I recommend getting some crewmates from Ticker in Fortuna so you can have one on each turret at least.

If you're unable to complete the mission, you might be able to contact support with your issue and ask them to remove you from the quest so you can be better prepared next time.

Edited by emmyemi

11 minutes ago, emmyemi said:

If you're unable to complete the mission, you might be able to contact support with your issue and ask them to remove you from the quest so you can be better prepared next time.

Hi, i already contacted support, but the said i was warned in advance and must ask advice in the forums and such as nothing can be done about it.

I have to finish the quest before i can return to playing wf.

They also told me there is no need to uograde a railjack but i really don't see how i can complete it with this crap rj.

I do no damage, have no health and no boost.

I don't even get close to finishing this part of the new war.

How is your archwing? Are you able to exit the ship and just cut through the enemies with your archwing weapons and abilities?

You may still have to move the RJ to progress the quest, but maybe you can thin out some of the enemies beforehand using your archwing.

Also, when your hull reaches 0, the ship should go into a pseudo-bleedout state where you can use your Omni to repair the hull and continue moving. Don't forget about that, make sure you have the Omni in your gear wheel!

6 minutes ago, emmyemi said:

How is your archwing? Are you able to exit the ship and just cut through the enemies with your archwing weapons and abilities?

You may still have to move the RJ to progress the quest, but maybe you can thin out some of the enemies beforehand using your archwing.

Also, when your hull reaches 0, the ship should go into a pseudo-bleedout state where you can use your Omni to repair the hull and continue moving. Don't forget about that, make sure you have the Omni in your gear wheel!

Ty for your help, to answer your questions: no can't use archwing to kill sentient fighters. Tried all that.

But nvm i just got through it.

I was too focused on killing to get through.

This time i just tried to avoid it and fly forward dodging as much is i could and that worked.

• Like 1

On 2023-01-05 at 11:29 PM, EDM774 said:

someone recently made a similar claim so I replayed the quest with bog standard jack with 0 plexus mods and restricted myself to just pressing the forward key (no boosting)
the railjack sections are all literally scripted so you can't die, all that happens when you reach 0 hull is it fades to black and you respawn back where you were with full HP so you can carry on.

Reveal hidden contents

the one time you CAN get a mission ending catastrophic breach is also scripted so unless you have no clue how to use the omni to do repairs, then you CAN NOT FAIL AT ALL

• Like 1

4 hours ago, (PSN)Solstafira said:

Hi, i already contacted support, but the said i was warned in advance and must ask advice in the forums and such as nothing can be done about it.

This is the sort of response from support that really annoys me.

If there's any issue where they technically aren't at fault but can fairly easily solve the problem, it's frustrating when support dismisses an issue out of hand -- although DE certainly isn't the only customer support that does this.

Regardless of whatever warning you received, there's no way of knowing whether you're prepared until you experience something firsthand. One example: The first time I attempted a "high"-level open world bounty, I figured it would be no issue. I'd cleared Level 70-80 enemies in the starchart. But I was missing a key element to do bounties efficiently: the Archwing Launcher. It's not technically necessary to run bounties, but wow is it a slog to get around in open worlds without it.

Thankfully, my lack of preparation only resulted in 15 minutes of embarrassment as I sprinted around an open world while my public squadmates cleared the bounty. Can't imagine if I'd been locked out of game progression because of it.

With other games, you usually have the option of going back to a previous save (at least, I always do a manual save before beginning a pivotal quest, just in case). Warframe doesn't have a "load previous save" option, as far as I'm aware. DE should do right and bump you back out of the quest so you can prep your gear.

Edit: I missed OP's third comment saying they got through it. Good work. 🙂

Edited by (NSW)BenHiraga
  • Like 3

On 2023-01-12 at 2:44 PM, EDM774 said:
On 2023-01-05 at 10:29 PM, EDM774 said:

someone recently made a similar claim so I replayed the quest with bog standard jack with 0 plexus mods and restricted myself to just pressing the forward key (no boosting)
the railjack sections are all literally scripted so you can't die, all that happens when you reach 0 hull is it fades to black and you respawn back where you were with full HP so you can carry on.

Reveal hidden contents

the one time you CAN get a mission ending catastrophic breach is also scripted so unless you have no clue how to use the omni to do repairs, then you CAN NOT FAIL AT ALL

Expand  

Lol, yes you can't die but keep restarting from the startingpoint. 

So yeah you can carry on but it doesn't mean you can definitly complete it.

You get stuck in a loop.

14 hours ago, (PSN)Solstafira said:

Lol, yes you can't die but keep restarting from the startingpoint. 

So yeah you can carry on but it doesn't mean you can definitly complete it.

You get stuck in a loop.

When I did my testing when I died it respawned me at the point of death, not the start so idk what you're smoking but what you're saying is BS.

• Like 1

yep.

another player here locked out of my account for not being able to kill the archons. like many others I have had to create a new account and abandon my 10 year old account. 

be warned, if you cant kill the archons your account is gone and you will be for ever stuck in the new war quest.

• Like 1

On 2023-11-13 at 11:52 AM, mjs1231 said:

yep.

another player here locked out of my account for not being able to kill the archons. like many others I have had to create a new account and abandon my 10 year old account. 

be warned, if you cant kill the archons your account is gone and you will be for ever stuck in the new war quest.

Wh-what?? 
You abandoned your 10 year old account over a cheap Dark souls imitation boss!?
Just go kill the Archons. They're not even hard. Just dodge their attacks and land your perfect shots. Save the Owl for last and its ez game. 

Or just watch youtube guides.  

• Like 1