Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So about these rivens...

(XBOX)Player244024418

Question

So I'm starting to look at a few of my rivens and don't know what a good cap is for percentages. I don't even know if they vary for weapon, like for archgun is +95% critical damage good? I have no idea. 

image?url=MSVnmBUo_fHjbLYMjAEUQ8hxuvVvKK

My Nataruk riven is below. Looking at the weapon it has high status so i think this is a decent riven? But there's only two stats where others have three or four. 

image?url=MSVnmBUo_fHjbLYMjAEUQ7bkdfVEEp

17 answers to this question

4 hours ago, dwqrf said:

Remember that adding +%slash damage on any weapon doesn't improve the bleeding damage

Good to know. I don't think I'm keeping this exergis riven. I ran a solo mission to test my likings and I don't think it's worth the 6 forma it took me a week to accumulate. Those are going to my phenmor I think. Or one more on the felarx, which I really like and does insane damage to bosses, liches/sisters and acolytes. 

After +30,000 kuva I'm starting to think this riven business is for the birds (crappy joke). But it seems like you really gotta have planets align to get something good. I did reroll a +197% critical damage that got me super excited but it also had a -89% damage on it which ruined it.

il y a 16 minutes, gamingchair1121 a dit :

i said corrosive because corrupted heavy gunners (which is the enemy people test weapons on) have ferrite armor, so they are weak to corrosive, but yeah radiation works too

Yes, I actually stand corrected because Kuva Lich, Heavy gunner, most Sentient, Ghouls, Oxium Osprey, and Juggernaught, and a few bosses, are indeed Ferrite armor. I was sure they were all Alloy.

il y a 19 minutes, gamingchair1121 a dit :

nope, blast is the worst element. blast is only for the damage type (and... why are you not using corrosive or radiation at that point...?) and has almost practical no use at all. gas on the other hand has a use, which sadly only works on high damage weapons like snipers. it gives them an aoe as long as gas procs, which is perfect for snipers because they aren't really that effective for clearing groups of enemies (and yes it actually does good damage on snipers).

Yes, sorry I almost forgot about Blast :D.

I've heard about snipers using gas, and sadly, i've tried a few things around and i've never been able to do anything close to any aoe crit with hunter munition ; unless you strip armor before to have good gas damage, but then, I guess any weapon could do the trick. And then, I would think stacking 10 status on the maximum amount of target would be better than having a single target hitting weapon. But i don't know, and my knowledge on the subject is surely biased because I gave it up quite fast. Maybe i'm a meta slave :(

I still think gas has some use ; Like using a Deth cube/prime with Energy Generator, giving energy orbs after 10 assist; making gas elec really strong there.

If gas was doing toxin damage as before, i would surely reconsider it.

3 hours ago, dwqrf said:

if you have a slow weapon that don't apply status, and if you want to benefit from armor penetration, then it's Radiation you are looking for. Corrosive giving a +25% damage and armor pen against the weakest armored units that get one shot anyways isn't as good as getting +75% vs alloy, which are bombard, heavy gunner, bursa, acolytes, Liches, eidolons, Archons...

i said corrosive because corrupted heavy gunners (which is the enemy people test weapons on) have ferrite armor, so they are weak to corrosive, but yeah radiation works too

3 hours ago, dwqrf said:

And gas being the worst element of all,

nope, blast is the worst element. blast is only for the damage type (and... why are you not using corrosive or radiation at that point...?) and has almost practical no use at all. gas on the other hand has a use, which sadly only works on high damage weapons like snipers. it gives them an aoe as long as gas procs, which is perfect for snipers because they aren't really that effective for clearing groups of enemies (and yes it actually does good damage on snipers).

il y a 51 minutes, (XBOX)Player244024418 a dit :

Cycled it a couple times and got a slash/status riven that looks pretty good. The exergis as you said has high status and doubling the slash won't hurt.

Remember that adding +%slash damage on any weapon doesn't improve the bleeding damage. Adding +%Slash will only add more slash damage on hit, and will make slash heavier in status chances procc. (so, it's not as good as any %damage or %elementary).

Bleeding (slash status) can only be improved with %damage, %crit damage (if you crit a status), headshot multiplier, and antifactions mods. But not %slash.

26 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

the Exergis is pretty powerful weapon

24 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

the Exergis hits like a truck

Cycled it a couple times and got a slash/status riven that looks pretty good. The exergis as you said has high status and doubling the slash won't hurt. I also have Nidus. Don't use him much. Maybe now I have an excuse? I would need to catalyze my exergis though. 

image?url=MSVnmBUo_fHjbLYMjAEUQ7jpZDVN2u

il y a 23 minutes, (XBOX)Player244024418 a dit :

...and my next riven unveiled is literally for the exergis! Couldn't you have said Arca Plasmor? Haha.

image?url=MSVnmBUo_fHjbLYMjAEUQ0pdKB2YkZ

There is something good you can do on a Exergis riven, is to try to get a sweet (at least) +51% magazine size (bringing mag size from 1 to 2)
Indeed, the Exergis hits like a truck, had a decent fire rate, but only has one bullet in the magazine (meaning its fire rate is irrelevant if you have to reload after each shot); You could use other mods to improve magazine size; but getting this stats with another positive stats on the riven can free a mod slot and greatly improve you overall DPS.

Each weapon can have some really good specific rivens, but it's hard to create "general rules".

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

...and my next riven unveiled is literally for the exergis! Couldn't you have said Arca Plasmor? Haha.

image?url=MSVnmBUo_fHjbLYMjAEUQ0pdKB2YkZ

Hey, the Exergis is pretty powerful weapon heh! Not necessarily as easy to use or manage as the Tenet Arca Plasma, due to its one magazine nature, and lack of Crit stats, but its got very very high damage, is slash weighted, and a status monster. You can do fun things with it and a Riven (or just in general, with normal Mods). 

My favourite is to group enemies with either Mag, or Nidus or Vauban and then shredding them with the Exergis. Great weapon! 

You'll eventually get a Arca Plasma Riven too, since with shotguns, the pool is much smaller.

Il y a 5 heures, gamingchair1121 a dit :

on slow weapons like bows and snipers, you build for either corrosive or gas. corrosive for the armor damage bonus and gas for the aoe.

I'm sorry, but ; what ?

if you have a slow weapon that don't apply status, and if you want to benefit from armor penetration, then it's Radiation you are looking for. Corrosive giving a +25% damage and armor pen against the weakest armored units that get one shot anyways isn't as good as getting +75% vs alloy, which are bombard, heavy gunner, bursa, acolytes, Liches, eidolons, Archons...

And gas being the worst element of all, unless you are fighting exclusively infested and use roar + primed bane of infested, I l'd rather use elec for aoe, or another weapon...

That's my opinion.

All weapons have a riven disposition based on how popular/strong they are which changes the strength of the modifiers the riven mod can have. So for some unused weapons you can get some giga riven stats but for some of the better weapons rivens max out at like 60-70% per stat so dont try to spend ridiculous amounts of kuva on getting a riven with low disposition to a +999% damage or whatever. You can see your Nataruk riven has lower stats increase than the corvas one because the nataruk has a lower disposition.

Also in general, damage, crit and status is what you want to look for, anything else is mostly personal preference.

You sort of have to start understanding the strengths and weaknesses of a weapon, and your own play style to make informed decisions. Since weapons by themselves, before you even introduce Rivens, can differ dramatically. For example, to one of your original questions, is Critical Damage good for Archguns? If the Archgun has good Crit Chance and Crit Damage, then yes, if no, then no, but also depends, because what counts as good stats? 

One of my favourite shotguns is the Exergis, but it has really low Crit stats. Having a Crit Chance Riven wouldn't really improve it, but for say the Kuva Hek, then yes, it would. 

You also have to remember that a Riven will replace a Mod so ideally it has to be better than alternatives. Like I once had a Kuva Nukor riven, that was just an inferior downgraded version of Lethal Torrent. Its Dispo was so low, it had Multishot and Firerate, which are good stats... but the stats themselves were less than the % Lethal Torrent would give, so.. downgrade. However there is also your playstyle to consider. Like an Exergis Riven might have magazine capacity, which may be a downgrade or side grade, but if you prefer your shotguns to potentially have 4 shots instead of reloading each time, then... 

Rivens that usually have an Element on them, are usually considered pretty good, because depending on the other stats, they can replace the Mod that usually creates your elemental combo. Like on a good hybrid weapon, Multishot, Cold, and Crit Chance (negative zoom) (again depending on the stats) could be viewed favourably. You replace the Cold mod, you also get extra Multishot and Crit. On a status weapon with no Crit, then less so. 

Can seem daunting at first, but can practice by just looking at a weapons default stats and what mods you would put on it, and identifying potential replacements. Corvas Prime for example, has 44% Crit Chance and 3.0 Crit Damage, so good Crit stats. Its Dispo is 2, so decent, and will probably only improve with time, Crit Stats on a Riven are great. Damage is so-so, Archguns don't have Weapon Arcanes, but ehhh... Crit Chance, Multishot, Crit Damage with a harmless negative would be nice, but yours is still usable/good. 

The Nataruk one on the other hand, is outclassed by just a normal 60/60 Mod, its Dispo isn't the best, you'd have to either have a lot of Kuva or Luck to reroll it into something great, but its still possible, especially if you know the weapon well enough to cater to your own preferences, even if they may just be side grades (like some people like seeing red crits, and may sacrifice a little bit of status to see that, and for most of the content they play, it won't matter, they will kill enemies so... )

Good luck! 

on slow weapons like bows and snipers, you build for either corrosive or gas. corrosive for the armor damage bonus and gas for the aoe. so yeah the nataruk riven doesn't do anything for it.

corvas riven is decent though, but you'll want multishot instead of damage because rubedo lined barrel gives 187% damage compared to the 100% from the riven, and archgun multishot is still capped at 60% without rivens for some reason.

Archived