Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

possible future update

haulbach

Question

10 answers to this question

they say that trading in the market is the most simplified and fun task in the entire game.

I particularly disagree with this rumor and agree with you.
the veteran community does not agree with this as there is a speculative monopoly on the value of platinum/prime parts on w.market.com.
please note that most activity on this forum is done by veterans, watch out for the comments below and good luck broh.

I think the best way is a neo-pets syle shopfront (old school neopets anyway, not touched it in 20 years). The idea being you 'list' items you want / are willing to sell, and other players can just look up that list. (Bare in mind not everything someone has is up for trade / sell).

Players could get 5-10 slots for items, gaining 1 every mastery rank, and maybe provide an additional 10-20 available for plat purchase to help pay for any additional server costs that come from this.

Possible additions could include the ability to set an asking price on each piece, a tickbox to say if negotiations are taken, or a tickbox to say if trades are an option. Additional sections of this menu could allow a wish list of sorts, so sellers could seek out potential customers from peoples wishlist.

To avoid auction house issues, all trades would still be made manual, but im a huge avocate for the idea that no game should rely on an external service for its ingame processes.

On 2023-01-20 at 4:37 AM, chaotea said:

I think the best way is a neo-pets syle shopfront (old school neopets anyway, not touched it in 20 years). The idea being you 'list' items you want / are willing to sell, and other players can just look up that list. (Bare in mind not everything someone has is up for trade / sell).

Players could get 5-10 slots for items, gaining 1 every mastery rank, and maybe provide an additional 10-20 available for plat purchase to help pay for any additional server costs that come from this.

Possible additions could include the ability to set an asking price on each piece, a tickbox to say if negotiations are taken, or a tickbox to say if trades are an option. Additional sections of this menu could allow a wish list of sorts, so sellers could seek out potential customers from peoples wishlist.

To avoid auction house issues, all trades would still be made manual, but im a huge avocate for the idea that no game should rely on an external service for its ingame processes.

I like this a lot. Especially when you need to know how to spell a specific item or forget what you are trying to type in the brackets in a chat 

On 2023-01-20 at 2:52 AM, Pakaku said:

Just type its name out in square brackets in chat?

U know how much of a pain that is?? Especially if one can’t spell. It needs a change 

2 hours ago, haulbach said:

U know how much of a pain that is?? Especially if one can’t spell. It needs a change 

wut? It will even try to autocomplete for you. you don't even need to spell the entire thing out.

On 2023-01-20 at 2:43 AM, Famecans said:

they say that trading in the market is the most simplified and fun task in the entire game.

the veteran community does not agree with this as there is a speculative monopoly on the value of platinum/prime parts on w.market.com.
please note that most activity on this forum is done by veterans, watch out for the comments below and good luck broh.

Who is they? Is this a veiled complaint that we don't have an in game bazaar so that everything can be bought for 1p and only people who spend RL money will be able to buy platinum items from the store?

On 2023-01-26 at 12:56 AM, SpicyDinosaur said:
On 2023-01-20 at 4:43 AM, Famecans said:

Who is they? Is this a veiled complaint that we don't have an in game bazaar so that everything can be bought for 1p and only people who spend RL money will be able to buy platinum items from the store?

Ut03lFd.png

When your player base is using a 3rd party website, to do something that the staff and player base say they don't want, then someone is telling a porky pie

On 2023-01-26 at 3:56 AM, SpicyDinosaur said:

wut? It will even try to autocomplete for you. you don't even need to spell the entire thing out.

if everything sells at 1p then if you want to buy something you just sell something to get that 1p or if everything go high then same thing sell stuff to make plat to spend plat an in game market might cause the prices to fluctuate slightly in the start as it becomes easier to spend your plat to buy stuff from players but when the markets settle nothing will change the buying power of plat will be the same

the real reason DE don't want the in game market is because all the buying and selling is done then on their servers and trading is made mega easy this then means that the people who use and/or buy non-legal plat can use it fast and with DE literally just removing said plat even if it's been used to buy from unsuspecting players and this soft locking their account would mean more support tickets and more upset players so the real reason is DE can not be bothered to investigate the illegal plat by seeing if these people are regularly trading mass plat or receiving mass plat they just like to go CTRL+A DEL dusts off hands and sips coffee

12 hours ago, (PSN)Sunday_Dawn said:

if everything sells at 1p then if you want to buy something you just sell something to get that 1p or if everything go high then same thing sell stuff to make plat to spend plat an in game market might cause the prices to fluctuate slightly in the start as it becomes easier to spend your plat to buy stuff from players but when the markets settle nothing will change the buying power of plat will be the same

DE isn't going to make deluxe packs cost 1p if the economy tanks and everything but a few things go for 1p. I need to be able to sell items at a fair price (I use warframe.market, not trade chat where people get scammed,) so I can buy things from DE's market without having to spend RL money.

We really have no idea why DE doesn't support an auction house but I hope they stick to it. I've also noticed they seem to dabble in the market in some ways. Making things easier to get to lower high prices, etc. I could be wrong, though. Who knows.

Archived