Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

how to avoid instant death?

unmutual

Question

10 answers to this question

It would help a lot if you could pin point the source of your instant death. A video maybe? A wild guess?

Either way level 30 enemies shouldn't be able to oneshot you, just no.
There is a mechanic in game called "Shield-gating". When your shield pops - you should be invincible for like 2 seconds, which gives you the chance to run to cover and recover your shields. As it stands there shouldn't be anything in the game capable of straight oneshoting people save for bugs and some ridiculous special mechanics.

Which kind of mission  ? On the Void ? On Narmer bounties ? With which warframe ? Any companion ?

On some cases it's just Radiation satus that makes your own companion kill you, but you also have the "One hit kill" Narmer projectile.

More information are needed to be able to help you.

Also : You've said it wasn't Toxin : how do you know that ?

44 minutes ago, unmutual said:

recently i get a lot of instant deaths in missions.

full shield+health but then "You Died". not toxin. not steel path. just a level 30+ mission

how?

and how to avoid that?

In the future when you die, leave the game running and just alt tab out to look.

Go this website https://semlar.com/deathlog and you can see what killed you. 

Death Log Parser
This tool reads through your EE.log file and identifies the cause of death for anyone on your team. Your log file is located at %localappdata%\Warframe\EE.log in windows.

Your log file is not uploaded to the server. Everything is processed locally in your browser.

It can take up to 10 seconds for the log file to update with a new entry after a player dies if you're using this while the game is running, so if a recent death isn't showing up just wait a bit and try again.

The log file is erased every time the game is launched; you will lose the data from your previous session if you restart the game without making a backup copy of the old EE.log file.

This is how it displays the information.

Player identified as <Slayer-.>
LOG DATE - 11/07/2021, 11:58:30
13:01:02 - <DETHCUBE PRIME> downed at 343 health by a level 90 NAPALM using a NapalmLauncher
13:06:35 - <DETHCUBE PRIME> downed at 58 health by a level 100 ELITE SHIELD LANCER using a AIGrnGrenadeLauncherPistol
13:21:37 - <DETHCUBE PRIME> downed at 960 health by a level 128 ELITE SHIELD LANCER using a AIGrnGrenadeLauncherPistol
13:35:06 - <DETHCUBE PRIME> downed at 261 health by a level 159 ELITE SHIELD LANCER using a AIGrnGrenadeLauncherPistol
13:35:06 - <DETHCUBE PRIME> killed by 959 damage at 262 health from a level 159 ELITE SHIELD LANCER using a AIGrnGrenadeLauncherPistol
13:41:49 - <Slayer-.> killed by 72 damage at 16 health from a level 175 ELITE LANCER using a AIGrnBurstRifle
LOG ENDS - 11/07/2021, 13:43:50

44 minutes ago, Artekkor said:

As it stands there shouldn't be anything in the game capable of straight oneshoting people save for bugs and some ridiculous special mechanics.

There are stuffs that can "one shoot" you but that's waaay beyond level 30.

45 minutes ago, Artekkor said:

When your shield pops - you should be invincible for like 2 seconds

That's 1.3 for full shield and 0.33 for not full (even with almost full - ~99%)

35 minutes ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

On Narmer bounties

Narmer bounties starts at 50.

56 minutes ago, unmutual said:

recently i get a lot of instant deaths in missions.

full shield+health but then "You Died". not toxin. not steel path. just a level 30+ mission

how?

and how to avoid that?

Maybe you have forgotten to equip some mods? It happens for me as well. I get into low level mission (like that 30ish) and die. I look at my configs and I have picked wrong config. As fair I remember game pick 1st config so it may change if you are using e.g. 3rd config.

Well... just give us more info, like other people said.

At level 30 it's pretty much impossible to be one shot when using a properly setup frame these days... actually I'd go even higher level enemies if I'm being honest.

There is one possible thing but I can't remember exactly how this all works.... using the operator while a frame has an ability active can send you back to the warframe in a downed state if the warframe takes enough damage but again one shot by a level 30 is unlikely due to damage reduction etc.

I'd probably edge towards radiation proc and a team mate killing you if I'm being honest... it can be incredibly annoying with the wrong frame in the group (mesa/saryn etc)

Archived