Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My friend's account has been stolen!

Jax_Cavalera

Question

So my friend messaged me saying his account has been stolen @Teabagger5000 <this one

When I go to view their profile in game it says "Failed to connect to server" but I can view every other player's profile in my friends list so it's a bit unusual. When my friend went to do forgot password, he puts in the email he's been using for years, but it now says, "no account associated to that email. He's checked all of his emails dating around 38 days ago when he was last logged in to see if there's anything about it either in main inbox or span but nothing!

He's lodged a support request on a new account hoping somehow he can get in touch with someone. We've been playing together for over 6 years now so it would be such a shame that this is how our Warframe experience comes to an end.

They stole his EA account too but he's managed to reclaim this one since they offer live support there. Has anyone got experience with this.. is there anything else he can do. please let me know!

5 answers to this question

Yeah they have 2FA enabled as well and it got bypassed on both somehow. We've just discovered it's a Russian email address that has taken over the accounts.

The *.ru email account just took back over his EA one so he's now fighting to keep it, but as they have their email against it now all changes to email go back to them not him.. it's so messed up :(

5 hours ago, Jax_Cavalera said:

When I go to view their profile in game it says "Failed to connect to server"

Was it founder account?

I recall some people were involved in illegal founder account trading couple years ago, and they were smart enough to publicly boast about it. Shortly after their profiles started giving the same error, guess these accounts were deleted by DE.

Archived