Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Swarm Warframe concept

Poseidon2029

So i have been workshopping this concept for some time now, since around mid 2022 and I think i finally have a concept for the abilities

Insect based warframe

Swarm is a Warframe based in the world of insects, her abilities each represent a breed of insect. Her appearance also reflects this as she looks to be comprised of interlocking chitin plates. With many more insect features as well, such as facial mandibles, numerous eyes and serrated forearms.

Passive ability : Revival Colony
When an ally or companion is downed, insects converge on them and will begin reviving them mo matter where on the map they are located or how far they are from Swarm. (Cooldown 120 seconds.)

Ability 1 : Silk Barrier
Swarm deploys a layer of spider silk either on the floor, between walls or in a doorway, this silk when installed vertically prevents enemies from passing through and procs them with a toxin status effect, when layed flat on the ground it only slows enemies down and inflicts the same toxin effect.

Ability 2 : Camponotus siphon
Swarm sends out a colony of Worker ants that siphon energy from the environment and passively provide it to Swarm and her allies.

Ability 3 : Bulwark Beetle
This ability increases Swarm's armor drastically but reduces speed by channeling the strength of the Hercules beetle.

Ability 4 : Raptorial Blades
Swarm summons her exalted weapons, a dual blade resembling giant mantis mandibles.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/27/2023 at 6:02 AM, (XBOX)O37GEKKO said:

which ability was the intended subsume for helminth?

For this in particular i was thinking of going with the third ability, simply because i think it could work really well with other warframes, take mesa for example, combine Bulwark beetle with her ult and she becomes a stationary immortal turret

On 1/26/2023 at 5:56 PM, Vashtorr_the_Arkifane said:

Depending on if the upcoming Devstream Advertisement Art is a whole new waframe, or just a beetle skin for a different one, DE May have beaten you to the concept.

However, your concept does sound rather fun, like a tank-of-all-trades sort of idea!

In all honesty when i saw that concept for the devstream i was thinking the same thing to myself but i guess it's just a skin for rhino so im in the clear to keep working on this

7 hours ago, Poseidon2029 said:

For this in particular i was thinking of going with the third ability, simply because i think it could work really well with other warframes, take mesa for example, combine Bulwark beetle with her ult and she becomes a stationary immortal turret

okay... i have an idea... to add to bulwark..

and its something people in the forums have mentioned in "chonk boi" tank concepts before so i know there should be some popularity for this input...

especially for a subsume

add an augment mod to the "slowed but extra armor" bulwark... that works like juggernaut from xmen.

effectively making it into an "unstoppable ramming speed" drift/parkour ability.

[relentless bulwark] : on cast, your frame begins moving at an extremely reduced speed, almost akin to being affected by a cold proc.

incoming damage to the abilities buffed armour value increases the speed of your frame as it wears down with incoming damage.

but you can not slow down at all.

as bulwarks armour buff drops from incoming damage, and your momentum increases,

enemies hit by your frame are knocked back and ragdolled with increasing relative force.

also applying scaling impact damage.

upon "consuming total armour value" of bulwark, your frame receives a short 3 seconds of invulnerability.

running into an enemy during this invul grace period, ends the ability with a massive kinetic impact Aoe

also.. props for being synced with DEs development process, and still enthusiastic to continue working on your idea...

15 hours ago, (XBOX)O37GEKKO said:

okay... i have an idea... to add to bulwark..

and its something people in the forums have mentioned in "chonk boi" tank concepts before so i know there should be some popularity for this input...

especially for a subsume

add an augment mod to the "slowed but extra armor" bulwark... that works like juggernaut from xmen.

effectively making it into an "unstoppable ramming speed" drift/parkour ability.

[relentless bulwark] : on cast, your frame begins moving at an extremely reduced speed, almost akin to being affected by a cold proc.

incoming damage to the abilities buffed armour value increases the speed of your frame as it wears down with incoming damage.

but you can not slow down at all.

as bulwarks armour buff drops from incoming damage, and your momentum increases,

enemies hit by your frame are knocked back and ragdolled with increasing relative force.

also applying scaling impact damage.

upon "consuming total armour value" of bulwark, your frame receives a short 3 seconds of invulnerability.

running into an enemy during this invul grace period, ends the ability with a massive kinetic impact Aoe

also.. props for being synced with DEs development process, and still enthusiastic to continue working on your idea...

I do like this concept for an augment, and having the drawback that you can't actually stop once it's active. And In terms of how I am with DE's process at this point it's pretty funny since i made a drawing about 7 months ago for another concept I made and there are striking resemblances between my concept for a space based frame (Locus) and citrine but only in the anesthetic

Archived