Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Widow - the spider frame

(XBOX)Spencer Priest

I uhh... I wanted to bump this thread because myself and others came up with a great frame and I think collectively, we have come up with the next big hypeframe. Please DE... Give us Widow... I am DESPERATE to see this community frame and we'd still be taking ideas if it wasn't archived... There is a clear desire for this frame, or some take on this frame, and I hope you'll give us blessings!

il y a 35 minutes, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 a dit :

Apparently Khora is spider themed already.

IDK, her theme kind of became a mess after DE had to rework her mid development.

I totally agree.

Khora's Spider inspiration was announced on a Devstream just before her introduction in the game.

I don't think DE will make another Spider warframe. Perhaps a "bug" warframe, but not exactly the same theme and inspiration.

Il y a 14 heures, (XBOX)Spencer Priest a dit :
Citation

into 6 extra spider like legs

Perhaps a more explicit Spider Deluxe Skin for Khora would be a better request. Rhino got his Scarab Skin, so Khora could also get her Spider Skin.

19 hours ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

I totally agree.

Khora's Spider inspiration was announced on a Devstream just before her introduction in the game.

I don't think DE will make another Spider warframe. Perhaps a "bug" warframe, but not exactly the same theme and inspiration.

Perhaps a more explicit Spider Deluxe Skin for Khora would be a better request. Rhino got his Scarab Skin, so Khora could also get her Spider Skin.

I'd agree with this but i personally can't see her as a spider. Like, while she may be designed to look like a spider, her kit seems more like just... a hunter... i mean she uses a cat in one of her abilities... shes the siegfried and roy of warframes. They should refer to her as the "hunter frame" or the "tamer frame" and not a spider, cause she just... isn't... the frame the community and myself came up with actually has spider like abilities. Everyone used a different spider for their idea, some used a black widow, some used a huntsman, i think someone used an orbweaver, and I know i used a trap spider. The only ability of khoras that makes her at all seem like a spider is Strangledome, which is fine... but TO ME, it just seems like a large trap, which in fairness, spiderwebs do trap their prey... but her theme falls apart outside of that ability, and just makes her seem more like a hunter than a spider. I mean, i guess you could argue that spiders are natural hunters, but then you get to the whip and the cat, and it again falls apart. Khoras passive even focuses on the kavat... so all and all, she is a hunter or a tamer, but not a spider, and nothing DE says will change my mind on that. So giving us a proper spider frame would be great. I don't mean to hate on Khora, her kit works well together, and I like her kit too, but I cannot see her as anything more than a hunter or a tamer... especially when she's whipping people and ensnaring them like shes indianna jones or something, lol. Rhino's new skin should also be a new warframe... however... due to rhinos kit I do think the new skin fits... it's really well done, and i'd find it hard for them to make a decent kit for a warframe based on a hercules beetle (which is what I thought it was) or scarab or whatever. So his skin makes sense in that regard... but a spider skin for khora wouldn't, just because she only has a singular spider ability.

Le 28/01/2023 à 11:50, (XBOX)Spencer Priest a dit :

I'd agree with this but i personally can't see her as a spider. Like, while she may be designed to look like a spider, her kit seems more like just... a hunter...

This is one of my favorite subjects : I was preparing a video about Khora's refs and inspirations last year, but due to work and family priority, I still couldn't finish it.

Khora is a mix between a spider and a Beeast Master/Hunter. I've made a post last year, just after Khora Prime release, Ill copy-past it here (with some changes), as it can interest you :

Most frames have multiple references and inspirations. Ash : ninja and scorpion, Nyx : the Night goddess in Greek Mythology and a parasitic wasp, Garuda : the Garuda bird on Hindi mythology and vampire/gore, Gyre : Tesla coil and ballerina...

Some frames are very complex, as Banshee, who has some references to multiple things in addition to the celtic banshee (bean si): bat, dauphin, pistol  shrimp (and perhaps even the Acherontia atopos butterfly)...

Some frames are very simple, as Excalibur, Mag, Volt, Loki...

Some references and inspirations are given by the game itself, or by the devs on interviews (as Gyre, Khora) but many of them are still not sure. On the Warframe Wiki, you can see some of the principal inspiration and references of warframes.

For Khora, we have two principal inspirations : a Spider and a Beast Master (Hunter). For normal Khora, the Spider inspiration is very clear : her body imitating the two parts of a spider (cephalotohrax and abdomen), her head with multiple (6 in total) eyes, chelicerae, her body covered with tricobothria. In addition to this, she is a perfect Beast Master (a RPG class) usign Venari to fight and hunt. Her abilities mixes both inspirations : most of the time a web (spider) but made on metal (huntress).

As I have raised more than 20 kinds of spider, I noticed that Khora's abilities can have some refs to three different spiders : her 1st : to the Bolas spider, her 2nd : to the spitting spidet (Scytodes thoracica), her 3rd is Beast Master exclusive; her 4th : to any Orbitela spider (any regular web spider).

For Khora Prime, the reference is very very clear : a Black Widow. Her helmet represents a widow, with her hair net and veiled face. Golden web decorations on the neckline and legs. Tricobothria on her body and silk (spider silk ?) everywhere. And the kind of huge tumor you are talking about is nothing more than a stylized spider's abdomen form. It's shape , in my opinion, is a reference to a Bolas spider (that folds in on itself), or a female Xysticus. This last one is a possibility because the abdomen is covered with a web (a golden web), and this can be a reference to the bridal veil : the male covers the female with silk before copulation. Her helmet is a widow hairstyle : her hair in a hair net in a spider abdomen form.

I really think DE did a very good work with Khora prime skin : in my opinion it's perfect and matches very well with this frame's inspirations and references.

(Original post link : https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1317171-about-khora-prime/?do=findComment&comment=12558955 )

The only ability of khoras that makes her at all seem like a spider is Strangledome,

but a spider skin for khora wouldn't, just because she only has a singular spider ability.

In fact, Khora has only one ability that is exclusive "Beast Master/Hunter" inspired and it's her 3rd : Venari.

Her 1st is also a reference to the Bolas spiders, that hunts with a whip. These very interesting spiders (there are many species with this kind of behavior) have hunting abilities even more complex than just using a whip with a poisonous glue drop.

320px-Bolas_Spider_-_Mastophora_phrynoso

Khora's 2nd ability is also a reference to the Spitting Spider (Scitodes Thoracica - one of my favorites) that spits ha mix of silk and poison on her prey, paralyzing it.

800px-Scytodes_thoracica_fg04.jpg

Her 4th is obvious and you already knows it. The interesting part is that even her 4th is a mix of spider and Hunter.: an orbitela web, but made on iron chains.

Spiders are lovely and extremely nice animals and they have a huge variety of hunting methods. You can find almost everything among spiders (even herbivore spiders ! )

On 2023-01-30 at 4:23 AM, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

In fact, Khora has only one ability that is exclusive "Beast Master/Hunter" inspired.

Her 1st is also a reference to the Bolas spiders, that hunts with a whip. These very interesting spiders (there are many species with this kind of behavior) have hunting abilities even more complex than just using a whip with a poisonous glue drop.

320px-Bolas_Spider_-_Mastophora_phrynoso

Khora's 2nd ability is also a reference to the Spitting Spider (Scitodes Thoracica - one of my favorites) that spits ha mix of silk and poison on her prey, paralyzing it.

800px-Scytodes_thoracica_fg04.jpg

Her 4th is obvious and you already knows it. The interesting part is that even her 4th is a mix of spider and Hunter.: an orbitela web, but made on iron chains.

Spiders are lovely and extremely nice animals and they have a huge variety of hunting methods. You can find almost everything among spiders (even herbovore spiders ! )

Well damn. I didn't know all that. So basically we're all wanting a different kind of spider frame, but one already exist. Good to know. Obviously I still hope they'd give us this frame, especially cause the walking mechanic would be #*!%ing dope. Imagine just scaling up walls and popping shots. Is it unlikely? Yeah... but who knows.

il y a 2 minutes, (XBOX)Spencer Priest a dit :

Well damn. I didn't know all that. So basically we're all wanting a different kind of spider frame, but one already exist. Good to know. Obviously I still hope they'd give us this frame, especially cause the walking mechanic would be #*!%ing dope. Imagine just scaling up walls and popping shots. Is it unlikely? Yeah... but who knows.

It would indeed be fine.

If the community asks for, I'm sure the developpers will listen.

Good luck to you 👍

you want a frame with: 

valkyrs ripline

ivaras zipline

khoras strangle dome

and some stabby venom stuff

can walk upsidedown on the roof.

that has a massive spider booty bigger than grendels gut...

the amount of "original concepts" or reposts of this basic idea has been endless.

HD-wallpaper-arahne-spider-art-fantasy-l

the community knows... DE knows...

all im saying is "if" we are ever going to get the "Arachne" frame (the goddess of spiders)

reminding DE about it isn't going to make it happen faster...

you're just going to end up with a budget version like voruna is to the "fenris" concept. 

and only please half the community.

just shhhhhhhhh and wait.

Archived