Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archon Hunt today

(XBOX)Player244024418

Question

Did the archon Hunt today. First archon Hunt. The third event was an assassination of a snake. Don't remember the name. Does anyone know the name? I'd like to research. The reason is at times I was doing damage, at other times I was not. Just wondering how we killed it because I was if leant to the whole process and just shooting at it's head LOL

Edit ... Looks like it was Nira

5 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Did the archon Hunt today. First archon Hunt. The third event was an assassination of a snake. Don't remember the name. Does anyone know the name? I'd like to research. The reason is at times I was doing damage, at other times I was not. Just wondering how we killed it because I was if leant to the whole process and just shooting at it's head LOL

Edit ... Looks like it was Nira

Nira will summon some amalgams that make her invulnerable and heal her, you need to destroy them to continue to damage her. Apparently you can use silence to stop the drones from healing her in this time too. 

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

The reason is at times I was doing damage, at other times I was not.

AKA damage attenuation.

DE claims this is put in there because we would otherwise be able to delete it in one hit.  It is just a flat out % reduction of your damage which only triggers once the boss has been hit.

19 hours ago, LittleLeonie said:

That's exactly what Damage Attenuation is.

18 hours ago, XHADgaming said:

AKA damage attenuation

It was 0s. I think it's what NecroPed said about the amalgams. After rereading the wiki the archon is invulnerable during that time. But yes my Felarx is normally dealing high damage but it was definitely reduced. The wiki states high damage weapons are not effective. True dat.

20 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

It was 0s. I think it's what NecroPed said about the amalgams. After rereading the wiki the archon is invulnerable during that time. But yes my Felarx is normally dealing high damage but it was definitely reduced. The wiki states high damage weapons are not effective. True dat.

Oh yeah forgot the archons has mechanics. Those are usually pretty self-explanatory though. Grey bar means no damage. Clones mean no damage. Usually having environmental awareness or the lack of explains these mechanics.

Then there is also the attenuation which can reduce the damage to the point where it can barely register as a blip on the visual healthbar against the archons. My DPS Saryn build w/ a Stropha can make the damage number become a measly 200. 

Archived