Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

AFK MISSIONS

I have way too many Specters because I have a compulsion to start anything I can afford to initialize at my forge.

SO (I'm sure you get where I'm going with this) it would be neat if there was an option to assign a mission to Specters. You could use between 1 and 4, and the amount/quality deployed would increase the chance of success as well as the abundance of resources acquired.

And I think, Lore-wise, this is already canon. At the end of The Glast Gambit you can get (as a possible ending):

Spoiler

The Myconians are safe too. A contingent of specters will now protect them from the Infested. They will adapt to this new reality, and no more children will have this affliction forced upon them.

It would need to be profitable enough to not feel like a total waste of resources (looking at you Extractors), but I'd bet DE wouldn't want it to be so profitable that you were making a substantial amount more than what you were putting into the Specters. Although even just as a resource "conversion" mechanic it would be good. The materials used to make Specters are pretty common, so if they could bring back Ayatan Stars/Sculptures, Void Plumes, and things like Omega Isotopes then it would be more than worth all the Ferrite and Salvage.

And for immersion, I'd recommend if the first assigned Specter had a random name generated and submitted a report on return. It could have things like:

• The tragic sacrifice of one of the other Specters that let them get to extraction
  • How two squadmates fell in love amidst the chaos and decided to retire from active service
  • That they were offered a sizable reward for turning on the Tenno but turned it down because they believe in what we're trying to accomplish
  • They intersected with another squad and drank while laughing about the struggles of the salaryman

I'm sure most people would ignore it and just jump to the resources, but I'd really look forward to that report.

• 2 months later...
On 2023-02-03 at 2:55 AM, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Yeah, I really like the idea of getting stuff without having to do anything.

Maybe we could also have some system to get free Platinum too?

Lowlife's idea is not actually bad, there is plenty of low value game aspects that could be to extent automated. Even better, they could add some minigames with full game loot drops, although if that were to succeed in android market, app would need to be rebuild (bugs and esthetics made me think about students semester project rather than competitive app - not intended as complain, but learning on the work signs are here). Some games used to do both only not together (ingame loot from outside app but no minigame, OR ingame loot from ingame minigame).

Edited by SnU4uCghkY