Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Star Days event needs a rework

Crash-Override

It's a valentines day event i don't think they're going put much effort into it. DE hasn't done anything ultra special for holidays for a while plus they're kinda busy with duvuri. Im fine with vendor event if it means they can focus on major updates

Plus this event been here for 3 years by now i expect people to remember oh yeah star days is soon is should farm up bonds now instead of last minute. You have a year to murder profit taker and do bounties to be set for the next

1 hour ago, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

It's a valentines day event i don't think they're going put much effort into it. DE hasn't done anything ultra special for holidays for a while plus they're kinda busy with duvuri. Im fine with vendor event if it means they can focus on major updates

Plus this event been here for 3 years by now i expect people to remember oh yeah star days is soon is should farm up bonds now instead of last minute. You have a year to murder profit taker and do bounties to be set for the next

It doesn't have to be anything special, just a few skins for the operator/drifter are good enough! Skins are the kind of reward that DE doesn't have to spend effort or creativity to create and they probably have thousands of skin designs already created that didn't make it into the game! And farming titles is not difficult since they can be exchanged for resources or in missions! 

You mean there's nothing worthwhile for you.

Many players appreciate f2p color pallets, many (unfortunately) enjoy using the wings, the Glyphs have been used by players year round, and I'm sure there's plenty of people who enjoy using the cosmetics/decorations.

And it doesn't matter if you don't want/need any of that as anyone who appreciates the valentines aesthetic is going to be jumping on just to grind out Bonds. Meanwhile if an event only offered items you'd appreciate that means there'd be others who have nothing to get if they don't want Operator/K-Drive content.

4 hours ago, Crash-Override said:

The rewards aren't good enough to be worth the time, how about skins and accessories for the amp, K-Drive, Tenno/Drifter and an exclusive quest for the event??

This event will not make players jump back into the game as there is nothing worthwhile!

It's not meant to be a push for older players to jump back into the game. It's an annual event that is awesome for the new kids, cool for the vets to check out and see if something is new, and maybe a catch-up for the collectors. 

Let the mainline updates handle the whole "jump back in" thing.

8 hours ago, Crash-Override said:

This event will not make players jump back into the game as there is nothing worthwhile!

The ship of consistent Events to bring players back is long gone. The best you'll see is Naberus and Plague Star in an entire year.

6 hours ago, trst said:

You mean there's nothing worthwhile for you.

Many players appreciate f2p color pallets, many (unfortunately) enjoy using the wings, the Glyphs have been used by players year round, and I'm sure there's plenty of people who enjoy using the cosmetics/decorations.

And it doesn't matter if you don't want/need any of that as anyone who appreciates the valentines aesthetic is going to be jumping on just to grind out Bonds. Meanwhile if an event only offered items you'd appreciate that means there'd be others who have nothing to get if they don't want Operator/K-Drive content.

The event is dated and offers virtually nothing but old items, not even a quest with something fun to do! You talk like this event is popular and expected by old and new players alike lol This is the poorest event I've ever seen in a game it doesn't even offer a quest or something fun to do!

50 minutes ago, Voltage said:

The ship of consistent Events to bring players back is long gone. The best you'll see is Naberus and Plague Star in an entire year.

Several other MMO games have interesting events and fun things to do that keep both old and new players interested in the game, but in Warframe the events are lackluster, the only event that was cool was Scarlet Spear and that won't be coming back! Offering new and interesting items to keep old and new players interested wouldn't be a bad thing, or at least something fun to do. 

13 minutes ago, Crash-Override said:

Several other MMO games have interesting events and fun things to do that keep both old and new players interested in the game, but in Warframe the events are lackluster, the only event that was cool was Scarlet Spear and that won't be coming back! Offering new and interesting items to keep old and new players interested wouldn't be a bad thing, or at least something fun to do. 

I just really hope that they stop adding new loot to Dog Days.  It's utterly joyless, and I don't want to feel guilted into playing it again.

Honestly, I prefer these minimalist events that reward veterans by not introducing some new, limited time currency.

32 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

I just really hope that they stop adding new loot to Dog Days.  It's utterly joyless, and I don't want to feel guilted into playing it again.

Honestly, I prefer these minimalist events that reward veterans by not introducing some new, limited time currency.

My sentiment exactly.  I know I sound like a salty vet, but I don't regret not having to worry about time limited events anymore. 

I do remember that they were fun when I was a newer player, so I understand why some are disappointed. 

personally, I'd like to have a puff of whatever the person who decided on the prices was smoking, because they must be on something INCREDIBLY strong.. 25 Familial Debt Bonds just for the Cherub color palette? that's insane lol: as much as my inner completionist would like to have that palette, it's not like it has any colours I don't already have on it and no way in hell am I running t5 bounties endlessly just for it: you've more chance of a legendary core dropping than you do of seeing Ticker sell even one familial bond so yeah.. unless they start tossing out debt bonds like candy that palette is forever out of reach lol. 

seriously, though, TWENTY FIVE of the RAREST debt bond. Christ on a bike, that's unbelievable ahahaha! XD

1 minute ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

personally, I'd like to have a puff of whatever the person who decided on the prices was smoking, because they must be on something INCREDIBLY strong.. 25 Familial Debt Bonds just for the Cherub color palette? that's insane lol: as much as my inner completionist would like to have that palette, it's not like it has any colours I don't already have on it and no way in hell am I running t5 bounties endlessly just for it: you've more chance of a legendary core dropping than you do of seeing Ticker sell even one familial bond so yeah.. unless they start tossing out debt bonds like candy that palette is forever out of reach lol. 

seriously, though, TWENTY FIVE of the RAREST debt bond. Christ on a bike, that's unbelievable ahahaha! XD

You get practically guaranteed familial debt bonds from the Profit Taker. It's easy, I can solo it in 9 minutes with Chroma and a semi decent diverse weapon setup, and 1 forma Archgun. 

2 hours ago, Crash-Override said:

The event is dated and offers virtually nothing but old items, not even a quest with something fun to do! You talk like this event is popular and expected by old and new players alike lol This is the poorest event I've ever seen in a game it doesn't even offer a quest or something fun to do!

What are you even talking about? You complained about the rewards not being worth the time and I pointed out that the rewards aren't worth it to you. But they are worth it to other players for the reasons I specified.

Also we're talking about a filler event for a minor holiday. Nobody is expecting something major or exciting out of a valentines day event aside from some heart themed items.

The event does all it needs to and not personally liking the rewards on offer isn't reason enough to justify a rework. Especially when what it is offering already appeals to a lot of players.

Archived