Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Enhanced Graphics Engine Coming to PS4 and Xbox One in Citrine’s Last Wish

[DE]Danielle

Hello!

The team has made the decision to launch the Enhanced Graphics Engine and set it as the default for last-gen consoles, Xbox One and PlayStation 4, with the upcoming Citrine’s Last Wish update (coming to all platforms this month) instead of with the future planned Duviri Paradox.

This has been the default Graphics Engine setting for PS5 & Xbox Series X since Warframe’s launch on those platforms, and now we’re bringing last-gen into the fray. Currently, there are in-game visuals that are only available via the Enhanced Graphics Engine, such as wall decals, possible tattoos or facial hair on certain characters (wink wink), etc., and we want to be able to invest in these systems and designs now so that they work for all players. 

With Citrine’s Last Wish, we’re also adding 2 new toggles to the Video Options settings (PC, PS5, and Xbox Series X will also be receiving these) to adjust the Enhanced experience and performance for your console: 

Sun Shadows
Enables sun shadows, which can be disabled to improve performance.

Enhanced Decals
Enables enhanced decals, which can be disabled to improve performance.

These 2 new options are amongst a lengthy list available to you at any time to enable/disable depending on your game's performance. You can always tweak these options to lessen the load on your machine if needed. 

For a more detailed breakdown of the Enhanced Graphic Engine, please check out Steve’s original post here.

What about Switch?
Getting the Enhanced Graphics Engine for the Nintendo Switch is next on our list! Stay tuned for more information in the future. 

• Like 23

hello danielle, i have ryzen 3600 and 6600xt with 16gb 3000mhz ram, enhanced and dx12 grapichs are literally not a option, fps drops and stuttering are just massive

I dont know probly its also time to optimize warframe on pc too, i have more fps in forza5 or battlefield 5 at ultra settings than warframe

thanks

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

Maybe tomorrow. Mostly the updates arrive on Wednesdays and if it is not this week maybe the next one.

I'd think the date would have been announced during the devstream if it was indeed that close.  You also have to remember Cert takes time so unlikely it is going to be this early.

43 minutes ago, Danielw8 said:

hello danielle, i have ryzen 3600 and 6600xt with 16gb 3000mhz ram, enhanced and dx12 grapichs are literally not a option, fps drops and stuttering are just massive

I dont know probly its also time to optimize warframe on pc too, i have more fps in forza5 or battlefield 5 at ultra settings than warframe

thanks

If you are having issues with performance I would post in the performance section of the bug report. There appears to be some tech focused people there that can help you over a general community manager.

https://forums.warframe.com/forum/72-performance/

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, XHADgaming said:

I'd think the date would have been announced during the devstream if it was indeed that close.  You also have to remember Cert takes time so unlikely it is going to be this early.

If you are having issues with performance I would post in the performance section of the bug report. There appears to be some tech focused people there that can help you over a general community manager.

https://forums.warframe.com/forum/72-performance/

i have like 7 years in this game, they have been ignoring bug section in the last years

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Danielw8 said:

thanks

Enhanced Engine has nothing to do with DX12, you can use one without the other and vise versa, so the eventual (imminent?) drop of the Classic Engine should not affect you if you swap over to DX11.

In addition to that, the current DX12 implementation is both in Beta and not the best. If you learn how DX12 behaves (read: dx12 shader compiling) and do some specific Windows workarounds (read: this article) you should be able to get DX12 to run great and overperform DX11. But if you're not into tinkering with your OS and games, I'd just recommend sticking with DX11.

1 hour ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

Maybe tomorrow. Mostly the updates arrive on Wednesdays and if it is not this week maybe the next one.

I'd be really surprised if it's tomorrow, with how unfinished Citrine seemed to be just a week ago.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Petroklos said:

Enhanced Engine has nothing to do with DX12, you can use one without the other and vise versa, so the eventual (imminent?) drop of the Classic Engine should not affect you if you swap over to DX11.

In addition to that, the current DX12 implementation is both in Beta and not the best. If you learn how DX12 behaves (read: dx12 shader compiling) and do some specific Windows workarounds (read: this article) you should be able to get DX12 to run great and overperform DX11. But if you're not into tinkering with your OS and games, I'd just recommend sticking with DX11.

I'd be really surprised if it's tomorrow, with how unfinished Citrine seemed to be just a week ago.

i know, both options works terrible fps drops are massive

Yes still in beta thats why i pointed dx11 perfomance without enhanced, again: i have more fps in forza5 or battiefled 5 in higher settings than warframe in dx11 with enhanced off (best settings i tried)

And since they are making enhanced grapichs for consoles, i found a good oportunity to say:

Hey guys your game in 2023 works really bad, need an update so bad because we again thrid time buddy forza5 heavy game at ultra works better than warframe and doesnt matter the settings

Edited by Danielw8
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Danielw8 said:

Hey guys your game in 2023 works really bad, need an update so bad because we again thrid time buddy forza5 heavy game at ultra works better than warframe and doesnt matter the settings

that is infact quite surprising since Forza Horizon 5 is a pretty CPUbound game, similar to Warframe.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hello!

The team has made the decision to launch the Enhanced Graphics Engine and set it as the default for last-gen consoles, Xbox One and PlayStation 4, with the upcoming Citrine’s Last Wish update (coming to all platforms this month) instead of with the future planned Duviri Paradox.

This has been the default Graphics Engine setting for PS5 & Xbox Series X since Warframe’s launch on those platforms, and now we’re bringing last-gen into the fray. Currently, there are in-game visuals that are only available via the Enhanced Graphics Engine, such as wall decals, possible tattoos or facial hair on certain characters (wink wink), etc., and we want to be able to invest in these systems and designs now so that they work for all players. 

With Citrine’s Last Wish, we’re also adding 2 new toggles to the Video Options settings (PC, PS5, and Xbox Series X will also be receiving these) to adjust the Enhanced experience and performance for your console: 

Sun Shadows

Enhanced Decals

These 2 new options are amongst a lengthy list available to you at any time to enable/disable depending on your game's performance. You can always tweak these options to lessen the load on your machine if needed. 

For a more detailed breakdown of the Enhanced Graphic Engine, please check out Steve’s original post here.

What about Switch?
Getting the Enhanced Graphics Engine for the Nintendo Switch is next on our list! Stay tuned for more information in the future. 

My xbox one can barely run, please have mercy or give cross save.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, taiiat said:

that is infact quite surprising since Forza Horizon 5 is a pretty CPUbound game, similar to Warframe.

yea exactly, thats why im posting here. Its something specific who affect many players, yea maybe if you have a intel processor and nvidia gpu, you are fine or you just not care at all

Also did you see actual load times from console players? i cant imagine them with enhanced grapichs, i literally cant run extermine mission with them, im almost extracting the mission when they are finish the load

4 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hello!

Sun Shadows

Enhanced Decals

What about Switch?

I feel like this will tax the console harder than what it is now. But im still hopeful it goes well! Yall got this!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Danielw8 said:

i have like 7 years in this game, they have been ignoring bug section in the last years

The most recent response is from a DE member there. 

General bug reports? Yeah good luck trying to get responses for that, you have better luck along with the rest of us requesting help in the patch notes rather than the bug reports. But for technical help it looks like there is some dedicated staff in the link subforum that can help you.