Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Issue with ammo pickups

Axazal

I'm not sure if this is a UI problem or not, but there was no "general trouble" subsection or tag, so please bear with me. For the past few days, I've been seeing this weird bug where I'll be at max primary ammo, and then my frame will try to pick up more primary ammo, and it just floats on my body, endlessly making the pickup sound and not letting me reload manually or use my interact button. This happens every 2/3 missions that I run, and so far I have found no fix for it, other than simply not bringing a primary weapon

• Like 6

It also happens that I can't revive people when the glitch happens, failed my second mission during rescue missions because no one could revive them due to the ammo glitch, it's super annoying. I did find a way by switching to secondary weapon use but it's brief moment, firing all my ammo on my primary does seem to fix it but using a soma for missions leads to a problem.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Same here, my primary gun keeps picking up ammo while it is on full ammo, and it causes infinite ammo pick-up sound while this bug is happening i am unable to interact with anything, i was using [proboscis cernos] with [arrow mutation] but this bug does not happen every time, which is weird, and i get this bug regardless if I'm in pub or solo, DE please fix.

• Like 2

I get this bug fairly often as well.  Just had it on a whole mission with Baruuk while using the Tenora Prime.  When I reloaded, it would consume all the ammo boxes and stop until coming across another ammo box.  The constant clicking is definitely really obnoxious.

Edit: Here's an image from the mission report where the bug occurred, if that is helpful.

T6NNEsy.png

Edited by LowtekToo

• 2 weeks later...

The most I would like to add or generally collaborate would be that the bug seems isolated to ammo mutation mods being equipped (obviously including vigilante supplies) and the only "solution" to temporarily fix the issue and allow you to use your interact prompts for hacking etc is to constantly empty your clip until it finally eats through all the ammo boxes on each reload, especially tedious when the bug decides to disable manual reload as well.

It's genuinely a night and day experience going from a build that utilizes ammo mutation mods and constantly endures this glitch, versus playing any build that doesn't use those mods and suddenly is allowed to play the game lol.

On 2023-03-28 at 4:08 AM, (PSN)Redphienix said:

The most I would like to add or generally collaborate would be that the bug seems isolated to ammo mutation mods being equipped (obviously including vigilante supplies) and the only "solution" to temporarily fix the issue and allow you to use your interact prompts for hacking etc is to constantly empty your clip until it finally eats through all the ammo boxes on each reload, especially tedious when the bug decides to disable manual reload as well.

It's genuinely a night and day experience going from a build that utilizes ammo mutation mods and constantly endures this glitch, versus playing any build that doesn't use those mods and suddenly is allowed to play the game lol.

I personally haven't noticed this issue, but ammo mutation mods are extremely helpful for weapons like Kuva Bramma that got dumpstered by ammo nerfs...so I'll keep using them.

Potential additional info:

EDIT: I HAVE TESTED THIS MORE EXTENSIVELY AND IT'S A LOT LESS "HAZY" AND MORE DEFINITIVE NOW:

It appears the bug is related to specters using ammo conversion mods.

IE: Spawn a specter with a weapon that has Vigilante Supplies and the bug will begin once they reload.

A quirk of this interaction is to stand next to said specter while they reload and you'll see the bug disable until they fire a single shot (causing the game to believe you have non-full ammo and thus causing the bug to begin again).

END OF EDIT, OLD POST BELOW:

I may have found a common thread causing the issue, or at least a unique interaction this bug has.

I encountered the infinite pick up bug a few times today, but on the final encounter I noticed it "stopping" every once in a while and I began paying attention to see what was causing my ammo to act normally again.

It appears to have been my specters.

My main specter uses the same weapon I use, a Felarx. The thing is my Felarx has Vigilante supply on it (the apparent common thread mentioned earlier in this thread which I mentioned "Apparently causing it, but inconsistently").

I believe the bug occurs when both you and your specter have this mod interaction active. Specters obviously don't care about ammo and don't "pick things up" but I noticed that the bug occurred whenever I had both the mod AND my specter with a the same effective loadout.

And the thing that drew my attention to this was that while running around with my arch gun with that infinite clicking, if I stood next to my specter while they reloaded, the packs would fall. I would suddenly be able to pick up items and interact/reload as usual. This would persist until the specter fired a single shot again as this would initiate the bug again.

All of this is purely visual evidence of what's going on, but I suspect if you have a specter with the mod AND you have the mod- or perhaps if you both share the same weapon and the mod is unimportant- or both are necessary lol- the bug initiates whenever the game recognizes the specter has a non-full clip. It deactivates if they reload near you, but restarts if they fire even a single shot as the non-full-clip makes the mod go wild again.

Best I got, definitely needs a more direct analysis rather than my noticing the bug's patterns mid-game.

Edited by (PSN)Redphienix
Additional testing complete
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Same issue. No ammo mutation, no specters, no ranger's reload. Just sometimes it randomly happens. Even when using battery weapons (In which case, I abort mission because they don't use ammo, so can't ever reload using ammo pickups, and thus the noise won't stop for myself or others). The normal solution is to fire a round, and reload, which causes all the ammo boxes to fall back to the ground. Or, if it's super persistent, do that enough times that you consume all the boxes (blam, reload, repeat). Weapons like Furax or Zarr, where each round is loaded individually can really help with that by expending a full mag and then reload, as they'll consume an ammo box with each round reloaded. As noted, if it happens with infinite ammo weapons, you really need to either abort the mission, as it can be irritating to both yourself and squad mates (yes, I've seen others suffering from this and can hear the constant clicking of the boxes when they get near). Alternatively, apologize and politely suggest everyone turn their volume down.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2023-06-14 at 6:50 PM, (XBOX)Beowulf Nemo said:

Ive done some testing with this and for me it appears to be the duviri decree ' rolling reloads your weapons' only have the issue when using this decree.

This exactly, happened to me right now. Was using atomos with the same decree in circuit. Ammo stopped being picked up and constantly followed me around the map, like as if mag's passive was active. Once ammo ran out could not do anything. Did not let me manually reload either.