Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

SpecialEffect Fundraiser Wrap-Up & Rewards Dates: Over $11,000 Raised!

[DE]CoreyOnline

Over $11,000 CAD Raised For Gamers With Physical Disabilities!

Tenno, thanks to your kindness and generosity, the Warframe community raised over $11,000 CAD for SpecialEffect in just two hours! 

You achieved our initial $5,000 CAD goal in the first hour of the stream, and even contributed an additional $1,300 CAD in donations during hour two, even after hitting our goal! Digital Extremes then donated an additional $5,000 CAD, inspired by your ability to raise that much in just one hour. 

Your donations will allow SpecialEffect to serve people with physical disabilities who want to find ways to play video games. Listen to Tiago's story about finding SpecialEffect when he was a child, how he was able to enjoy gaming and is now studying Games Development and Coding in college!  

image.png

IN-GAME REWARDS & DATES 

As promised, your donations have unlocked in-game rewards for the entire Warframe community across all platforms! 

2-DAY AFFINITY BOOSTER WEEKEND
Saturday March 4 at 11 a.m. ET to Monday March 6 at 11 a.m. ET

2X FORMA (BUILT) ALERT
Saturday March 4 at 11 a.m. ET to Tuesday March 14 at 11 a.m. ET

Thank you again Tenno! Here are some heartwarming comments we caught during the charity stream: 

image.png

We all lift together! 

On 3/6/2023 at 10:46 AM, [DE]CoreyOnline said:

Hi Tenno! While the 2X Affinity Booster arrived in-game as planned, the 2X Forma Alert was missing due to a scheduling error. We'll make this right with a rescheduled 2X Forma Alert.

In response to the Warframe community raising over 11,000 CAD for SpecialEffect, a 2X Built Forma Alert will run in game during the following window: Friday March 10 2PM EST - Monday March 20 2PM EST 

I'm a bit confused, not complaining... but... conflicting information?

2-DAY AFFINITY BOOSTER WEEKEND
Saturday March 4 at 11 a.m. ET to Monday March 6 at 11 a.m. ET

2X FORMA (BUILT) ALERT
Saturday March 4 at 11 a.m. ET to Tuesday March 14 at 11 a.m. ET

from the twitter post, it made it seem like we were getting 2x 2Day affinity boosters, 1xForma, and 2x1Day affinity booster....
can someone explain what I'm reading wrong?

image.png

bottom line tho, I am grateful for any and all freebies you all give us! Thank you <3

9 minutes ago, -XAZU- said:

I'm a bit confused, not complaining... but... conflicting information?

from the twitter post, it made it seem like we were getting 2x 2Day affinity boosters, 1xForma, and 2x1Day affinity booster....

image.png

bottom line tho, I am grateful for any and all freebies you all give us! Thank you <3

They always do it based on the highest reward you dont get both. You just get an extra day, but yeah that 2x just means 2 times the affinity of normal.

22 minutes ago, -XAZU- said:

image.png

OK, I can see how you're going wrong, but it's a little hard to explain in text. I'll try though.

The "1x Forma" means exactly that, 1 Forma.

However, the "2x Link" (the link is the symbol for affinity) means Double Affinity. The "2x" in that is PART of the image. If it was a Forma Bundle they were giving out with the same type of picture for instance, it would say "3x Forma, x1" or something like that.

So at $1k, we got "[1 day] of [2x Affinity]", and at $5k that got upgraded to "[2 days] of [2x Affinity]".

Does that help?

The 2X Forma may have thrown some people off as well! I did not properly explain why it's there for people who weren't watching live!

After the community smashed through our original goal of $5,000 CAD, we added a stretch goal where we would upgrade from 1X Forma to 2X Forma if we raised $10,000 CAD

We ended the night a roughly t $11,300 CAD so we are running a 2X Built Forma Alert and 2 Day Affinity Bonus on March 4 - 5!

As was pointed out above (thanks Tenno!) when we do these, the milestones sort of replace each other instead of adding on top. Hitting the 1 Day Affinity Boost then Hitting 2 Day Affinity Boost does not unlock 3 Days of Affinity but rather 2 Days. 

image.png

UPDATE:
Hi Tenno! While the 2X Affinity Booster ran this weekend, the 2X Forma Alert was missing due to a scheduling error. We'll make this right with a rescheduled 2X Forma Alert. Dates to be locked in and announced shortly. Thank you for your understanding! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tenno! While the 2X Affinity Booster arrived in-game as planned, the 2X Forma Alert was missing due to a scheduling error. We'll make this right with a rescheduled 2X Forma Alert.

In response to the Warframe community raising over 11,000 CAD for SpecialEffect, a 2X Built Forma Alert will be available in game during the following window: Friday March 10 2PM EST - Monday March 20 2PM EST

Archived