Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I need help. I'm doing something wrong but don't know what.

ryu-hayabusa1

Hi, i have a problem and don't know how to solve it. 

basically, when am in substance painter the model looks fine  

Spoiler

65Icilb.png

UBjQiWh.png

but when I use the Tennogen tool , the metal looks black and I have weird lines across the helmet.

Spoiler

SBBs2Eg.png

JPiqjbh.png

here, when i change the color to red the lines disappear.

tSCshoQ.png

34gnY6o.png

Any help is really appreciated. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2023-03-25 at 6:57 PM, Pyraraptor said:

The metal might be black because the grey you used in the diffuse might be to dark. According to the texturing guide non-metals are around 50% luminance, metals around 80%..

thank you for taking the time reply :D  .  if  it no bother , can you tell me where exactly i'll be able to adjust the luminance. thank you again.

On 2023-03-04 at 12:42 AM, VentralHound said:

the tennogen tool has a rather specific shader, far from we have in the game. if your textures have no artifacts, you're fine:> I still recommend that you check textures for random artifacts

Super sorry for the super late replay. I kinda lost hope that someone will help. so really thank you

I started all over again and I think I chose the wrong settings at first. once everything was in order , those lines were gone.

В 02.04.2023 в 20:40, ryu-hayabusa1 сказал:

Super sorry for the super late replay. I kinda lost hope that someone will help. so really thank you

I started all over again and I think I chose the wrong settings at first. once everything was in order , those lines were gone.

I saw your work (congrats on finishing it:)). would like to say that screenshots from tennogen viewer is not a good idea. maybe you should make a rendering in marmoset toolbag or in something like that? tennogen viewer does not allow to evaluate the appearance of your item.
As for the brightness of your maps... metals always appear too black in the viewer, even if you set the brightness correctly. You set the brightness of any materials in the texture program.

Archived