The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are some Warframe (Frames) tips you wish you knew sooner?

Zahnrad

I enjoy running a high power strength Wisp but I try to squeeze as much Power Strength as I can out of it as I can. Using Empower and Zenurik.

Turns out Reservoir motes will always take the value of the highest Power Strength. Meaning if you place lower strength Motes while you still have the buff from the highest, it'll refresh the duration but still keep the highest power strength motes active with their buff values.

Or in other words, so long as you keep track of your buffs and keep refreshing/placing more motes down. You don't need to repeatedly use Empower or other Power Strength methods to prepare the motes.

Up until recently I kept doing Zenurik and Empower before placing every mote (using Fused Reservoir thankfully) but now I imagine I must have looked silly to others.

-Harrow's 2 heals defence objectives at rapid rate, all you have to do is to deal damage.
-Banshee's Savage Silence boosts damage of Ash Bladestorm.
-Enemies ragdolled by Vauban's Vortex or Zephyr Tornado doesn't count as occupying Interception point so you can capture it even if enemies are present there. Unless Overguard of course.
-If the range of Tornado is high enough, gas and electric procs on enemies will be boosted by all 3 tornadoes in place (or more with Funnel Clouds)
-Funnel Clouds still ragdolls enemies if you perform a heavy slam (they will keep them in the air)
-Volt's Speed not only increases speed of drones in Plains, but also Loid or Polyp Juggernaut in Deimos Iso Vaults/Arcana. Probably can haste the Kavor in Defection as well.
-Nourish boosts energy gain from any source, energy orbs, Zenurik field, Zenurik energy orb bonus, Styanax Rally Point, Trin Energy Vamp, Exodia Brave, etc. ANYTHING that restores energy, except Death Orbs in void.
-You can Handshake your Celestial Twin for the nightwave act :)
-Any warframe can be invisible without Octavia by subsuming Quiver and shooting it at your Sentinel
-That autohack subsume is a godsend in Archon hunts where one of the stages is Spy.

-Using Voracious Metastasis on Hildryn will restore your team energy amount based on her shield spend instead of normal 50 energy other warframes could.
-Banshee Silence disables Acolytes, Eximus, Liches and Sisters abilities
-You can make a loop of sacrificing your Sentinel then using Repair Dispensary or Hard Reset to revive it so Spare Parts mod will give you planet's special resources like Lanthorns. Dont work on crystal fragments, Lua Plasm or Toroids.

il y a 14 minutes, RobWasHere a dit :

-Banshee's Savage Silence boosts damage of Ash Bladestorm.

THIS ! And it boosts by +700% every melee attack on any enemy (alerted or not) that are under the stun phase of Silence.

Also : Frost Snow Globe can deal 50% max HP True damage on enemies pulled away from cast area and this damage is affected by Rhino's Roar and Viral damage, making Snow Globe a one cast kill ability.

And : Limbo's Rift Haven can make any Defection a piece of cake : it regenerates 25% max HP of Kavor per second and prevents them from taking damage. They are literally immortal. I could have farmed Harrow much easier at the time (not even needed to do this kind of mission today).

Also : Chroma can benefit from Vex Armor Fury bonus while shield gating by using Combat Discipline Aura Mod.

2 hours ago, RobWasHere said:

-Enemies ragdolled by Vauban's Vortex or Zephyr Tornado doesn't count as occupying Interception point so you can capture it even if enemies are present there. Unless Overguard of course.

Same is true of Nidus' Larva.   It also makes deacons vulnerable if you catch everyone nearby in archon hunts.  It's as if they're no longer present.

-Mirage's Prism has a damage multiplier that ramps up with every enemy it hits, depending on how much light you're standing in. Standing in a light source and throwing a Prism into a group of enemies will demolish them.

-Mirage's Eclipse only displays the maximum bonus of light/dark, but the actual bonus fluctuates with the intensity of the light/shadow you're standing in.

-Gyre gets a 44% speed boost while Rotorswell is active, so it's good to turn it on even if you're just moving past every enemy.

-Atlas needs to be at full health in order to fill his Rubble gauge. 

-Equinox can start in either Day or Night form depending on your emissive color, so you can drop her 1st ability in single-form builds.

-Each enemy Nekros Desecrates has a 60% chance of dropping a health orb, meaning Despoil isn't necessary if you use Equilibrium. Additionally, you don't get extra loot unless a health orb drops first.

-Nekros' Shadows of the Dead will prioritize summoning heavy units over smaller units.

-Saryn's Toxic Lash will cause your weapons to apply a toxin proc with every hit, separate from your status chance. Garuda's Seeking Talons will cause affected enemies to receive slash procs from every source of damage they take.

-Gara's Shattered Lash is a pseudo-exalted, meaning it benefits from equipped melee weapon mods and the melee combo counter. The damage that Shattered Lash does will determine how much extra damage Splinter Storm receives when Mass Vitrify is shattered. Splinter Storm is also best used with a Viral/Corrosive primer weapon.

-Protea's Dispensary will not drop more of the same pickup if you haven't collected the previous pickup. If you want more energy, you need to pick up every energy orb as they drop.

-If you're struggling in Disruption, equip a cold weapon to slow down the demolishers.

28 minutes ago, (XBOX)Ampathetiic said:

-Mirage's Prism has a damage multiplier that ramps up with every enemy it hits, depending on how much light you're standing in. Standing in a light source and throwing a Prism into a group of enemies will demolish them.

-Mirage's Eclipse only displays the maximum bonus of light/dark, but the actual bonus fluctuates with the intensity of the light/shadow you're standing in.

-Gyre gets a 44% speed boost while Rotorswell is active, so it's good to turn it on even if you're just moving past every enemy.

-Atlas needs to be at full health in order to fill his Rubble gauge. 

-Equinox can start in either Day or Night form depending on your emissive color, so you can drop her 1st ability in single-form builds.

-Each enemy Nekros Desecrates has a 60% chance of dropping a health orb, meaning Despoil isn't necessary if you use Equilibrium. Additionally, you don't get extra loot unless a health orb drops first.

-Nekros' Shadows of the Dead will prioritize summoning heavy units over smaller units.

-Saryn's Toxic Lash will cause your weapons to apply a toxin proc with every hit, separate from your status chance. Garuda's Seeking Talons will cause affected enemies to receive slash procs from every source of damage they take.

-Gara's Shattered Lash is a pseudo-exalted, meaning it benefits from equipped melee weapon mods and the melee combo counter. The damage that Shattered Lash does will determine how much extra damage Splinter Storm receives when Mass Vitrify is shattered. Splinter Storm is also best used with a Viral/Corrosive primer weapon.

-Protea's Dispensary will not drop more of the same pickup if you haven't collected the previous pickup. If you want more energy, you need to pick up every energy orb as they drop.

-If you're struggling in Disruption, equip a cold weapon to slow down the demolishers.

- Atlas needs to be at full health in order to fill his Rubble gauge. 

Yeah I can't tell you how irritating this is as an Atlas player, and I have no idea why DE just doesn't always give you the Armor and Health regardless.

39 minutes ago, (XBOX)Ampathetiic said:

You can bypass this killing enemies tagged by Soul Punch. Soul Punch also allow to summon Shadows even if you subsume Shadow of the Dead (but you won't have the benefit of its augment)

Volt's Shock Trooper screws up Lich/Sister weapons elements. This applies to the same augment that Frost and Ember have.

To elaborate.

If you have a weapon with innate Cold and add Toxic to get Viral, Shock Trooper will just add Electricity to it. Example: Quellor

But if this is a Lich/Sister weapon with innate Cold with Toxic modded on, Shock Trooper will mix with the mod resulting in Cold and Corrosive.

Now, this isn't so bad, except people usually go for Toxic progenitor weapons, so if they mods for Viral, they will end up with Magnetic and Toxin.

I've been using Shock Trooper thinking I'm helping my team and buffing their damage meanwhile I'm actually significantly reducing their damage instead.

A tip that used to be shared around when Plains of Eidolon was still relevant but can be useful for Nightwave is that Volt's passive allows him to fish in the Plains of Eidolon with any of the ostron spears.

You can also use it to kill enemies with fishing spears if you like.

for years I thought the Pyrana was only semi-auto... it's fully automatic, it's ALWAYS been fully automatic. I only discovered my mistake on a steel path mission one time where I was cought by surprise as a door opened (I was also on low health) and I panic-fired, holding the button. I then thought "damn I need to reload- wait, I held the button and it emptied the mag!?" *neurons finally activate* "it's a bloody AUTO-SHOTGUN!?" I've been using it wrong all these years.. I even swapped to Twin Kohmak because it's full auto and Pyrana *wasn't*.

Archived