Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

March 2023 Riven Dispositions

[DE]Connor

23 hours ago, Voltage said:

Because of the upcoming introduction of Incarnon Adapters and the massive uplifting of the power ceiling through Arcanes, can we please revisit Disposition? It's a poor way to balance Riven Mods, the largest time investment in the entire game, because of arbitrary multipliers already on a randomized stat system. Weapons that are powerful have innate properties that make them as such, and a Riven Mod has no influence over that weapon selection. Disposition has gone up and down for years now, Rivens turning 7 years old this year, and only once have they ever influenced the gear choices players make in their everyday or even specialized missions, that time being when melee range was percentage and whips were an outlier.

There's also many weapons players use like Praedos which have absolutely nothing to do with their damage output, but other baked in gimmicks. Rivens should not suffer from these cases. You guys nerfed Rikpas Disposition when people literally only use it as a stat stick. The same thing happened to Furax. C'mon guys.

This added maintenance is a waste of time for players and developers alike. Standardizing what a Riven Mod adds to a specific class of weapon makes them more predictable and feel "safer to own". I've personally had to dump hundreds of thousands worth of Riven Mods over the years to invest in "safer roll" options, because I am tired of these disposition changes and general balance decisions pushing players away from many stats and creating very strict environments to the "slottable" rolls. 0.50 Dispositions don't "balance" overpowered or overused weapons, they just make Riven Mods almost never worth slotting. That's not a respectful approach to the way players manage their time or inventory.

For players who do enjoy being invested in Rivens, this disposition system has made new gear dead on arrival to min-max for at best 90 days, but often half a year or more. How is a player supposed to get excited for a Prime like Afuris when Dex Furis has nearly 3 times the Disposition and Afuris Prime won't be comparable to that for months, if not years?

I'm 1000% behind this... I took a 5-6 year break from the game... back then I used Pyrana Prime almost religiously for it was simply such a FUN gun to use, especially when just mowing down lower leveled enemies. I slaved away to get a good Riven mod for it, as well. Back then, it was fantastic... fast forward to when I came back to the game on PS5 because I refuse to redo all my progress on PC, my Pyrana Primes are absolute garbage. They don't scale well at all with the newer content that I've been spending the past 2 weeks to catch up on. I just wanna feel like a powerful ninja with thicc thighs. Thankfully there are plenty of content creators out there that have pointed me in the right direction since there's just so much to digest after a 5-6 year break.

Edit: Also... why DOESN'T Hildryn impact the ground like Rhino when she lands? O.o

4 hours ago, Preys_Nitely said:

I like the riven system as is.  Thank you for it.  It keeps the game interesting for me. 

What part is interesting? That something you poured your soul into can become a piece of junk because the devs can't discern a weapon being used for utility rather than for the actual weapon? 

4 minutes ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

What part is interesting? That something you poured your soul into can become a piece of junk because the devs can't discern a weapon being used for utility rather than for the actual weapon? 

Reminds me of Paracesis Dispo nerf because everyone used it for story quests and Scarlet Spear.

Archived