Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #169

[DE]Megan

Hello, Congrats on the 10 year anniversary!

My question is lore-based so spoiler alert. 

I know in gameplay we can possess a Warframe, Necromech, and a maw, but what about in lore?

Could they just possess some poor grineer sap, a kubrow, or even a rock? 

just out of curiousity in regards to cross platform play, are we likely to see cross platform trading and clans in the near future?

I play Warframe with my partner, who is on a different platform, and we are really keen to be able to trade, as well as be in the same clan.

was wondering if Maroo's Bazaar and the clan dojo will become cross play compatible anytime soon as well?

Happy ten years annyversary, god i was here since the launch of mesa....My one and only question for years has been, is there any thought or chance of a weapons skin transmutation system?, kinda like dauntless where you get the weapon, get the max exp for it and then be able to use the weapon skin on top of other one,

i do wanna smite sinner wit my mighty "seer"

Same as last time, but I'll try to make it more succinct: I would like a QoL update that involves reworks and/or adjustments to Warframes, Weapons, Mods, Companions, Status Effects/Damage in general, maybe? etc. that have not already had a rework (with maybe the exception of Limbo) to allow them to be both fun and viable for that MAJORITY of players in the MAJORITY of missions.  Does EVERY weapon need to be able to allow you to solo Steel Path missions?  No.  Would I like to be able to actually use something like the Furis with Winds of Purity, or the Burston Prime with Gilded Justice (or whatever the augment is), or the eternally-infamous Stug, without needing an absolutely GODLY Riven (and, even in those circumstances, probably STILL not have it do much of anything)? A very firm yes.

An example of the results of the "Status Effects/Damage" rework that I would like to see is that I can build the Akarius for Staus Chance and Blast--which is what they're naturally inclined towards--and have it be viable.  Instead of having to go with the meta.  Granted, I think I'll have to learn to budge on this point given the mechanics of the Galvanized Status Chance mods.

I'm certainly looking forward to the next Devstream! With that in mind I do want to throw in some of my own questions (A couple of which I may have asked before). Hopefully they can be covered for a bit this time around;

1. I'm glad that Drifters have expanded customization to match what Warframes have had, but would it be possible to include operators in that still? Maybe a lot of pieces would have to be shrunken down a bit, come to think of it. But it would be a nice surprise one day :)

2. Regarding Voidshell skins, perhaps once they're mostly caught up with all the current Warframes, can there be Voidshell skins made for Prime Frames too? I've seen a Prime Warframe (Technically) being used on Streams before with a Voidshell skin, but it's not really the Prime Frame's design, but rather a normal frame, in a way.

• Baro Ki'teer could start selling Prime Voidshell skins for plenty of credits / ducats over time, and that'd be a good thing to add to Prime Accessories too! I'm sure a lot of people would love to see that someday.

3. Considering how significant the 10th anniversary of Warframe is, would there be a Dex Operator / Drifter suit this time around, or Dex Ephemera of some sort? Those would be some pretty neat things to use in time for Duviri.

4. One event I'd love to see return eventually is Scarlet Spear, and it sounded like [DE]Steve or [DE]Scott wanted it to as well. Are there any plans for bringing it back, ideally as a recurring event with some new rewards? I laid out a lot of details to hopefully make it better in case it does on a long, kinda old thread I made. But some key points I want to highlight are:

• The relay limit, I'm not sure when it was mentioned in some update notes, but I recall the limit being set at 50 players per relay instance. However, during the original Scarlet Spear there was no UI indication of that, or how many players were at your instance so that you can invite someone to your squad:
      Spoiler

scarlet_spear_player_counter_resized.png

Erra probably wouldn't be the antagonist nowadays, but maybe then it can focus on Dominus Thrax due to some Duviri shenanigans?

• The total amount of Scarlet Creds being offered for Ground / Space runs should be equal (If they have a set Condrix limit). Otherwise you'd have more cases of this happening:
      Spoiler

scarlet_spear_unbalanced_points_resized.

The ground runs offered more points compared to space runs, so I'm pretty sure that's why so many squads flocked to there at the time; The UI display is even cutting through the floor! Hopefully the # of creds can be considered for the next time.

• Regarding the "fighting for points" thing (When someone takes out a Murex, that'd be one less for other players to get), perhaps making it be based on time rather than the # of Murex destroyed can allow everyone who participates to get some bonus Creds. Taking out 3 Murex or Condrix (Or however many you think works :) ) can be a way to make one eligible for said creds.

• I kinda skimmed over what I originally wrote in the thread, but those are probably the most important points I thought of, aside from the interesting rewards I came up with. Feel free to check the original thread for more details, since it was a big read.

5. One last thing that comes to mind, regarding crossplay; What's the next step(s) for it? Not that I'm complaining, but even though my fiancee & I use the same internet settings for our Switches, when one of us hosts (Usually her Switch Lite) a relic fissure, I'm still stuck at 2/3 loading most of the time, and then kicked from the squad into a "Mission Failed" screen.

Last time I even had a chance to try rejoining the squad (Since it was only 3 members still), but then I got kicked again into another Mission Failed screen right as the other three were able to choose a relic reward.

• I only bring that up because it's been a recurring issue for me, and I doubt that I'm the only one who's gone through it since Crossplay has come out. Even so, I definitely prefer having it on than off, since I might be able to run missions with some friends on other platforms occasionally.

In any case, I am curious as to whether it's a Tauforged Archon shard or a regular one for the Twitch drop, but any extra shards help for sure! Congrats on the 10th anniversary too, I've been enjoying Warframe for a number of years since someone introduced me to it, and my fiancee started on Tennocon 2022; She really likes the story as well!

Take care :)

1. Will Gauss get a Deluxe Skin?

2. Will you add a new two handed Nikana stance? Or fix Wise Razor in general?

3. Will you give new railjack game modes? I love railjack but i want space dog fights, not some regular missions where railjacks are minimally involved. Or can you return Gian point node?

Shield does feel underwhelming at its current state, is there plans to make shield more relevant in higher levels of content like steel path?

Are there plans on addressing shield gating mechanics as a whole? Shield gate is practically unusable on higher shield Warframe, which doesn’t really fit the concept of shield gating, are there plans to scale additional invulnerability time based on shield lost?

4 hours ago, (NSW)Gamer-Steve said:

One event I'd love to see return eventually is Scarlet Spear, and it sounded like [DE]Steve or [DE]Scott wanted it to as well. Are there any plans for bringing it back, ideally as a recurring event with some new rewards? I laid out a lot of details to hopefully make it better in case it does on a long, kinda old thread I made. But some key points I want to highlight are

Trust me mate , none of the veteran players will play this event cause all of us have all the arcanes and new players can not pass through that event, so long story short ; I don't think that event will comeback ever again I hope we will get more coop missions like this .

On 2023-03-16 at 10:19 PM, Voltage said:

Will we see a revisit to clan, alliance or co-op content in general? The game has slowly removed most of the co-op focused content from Operations to Trials to Dark Sectors, and even additions like Helminth and On Call Crew to make other players feel redundant in missions. Railjack was originally pitched as a team-work mode, same with when Kuva Liches were codenamed "Clan Kingpin System".

Cound't agree more

On 2023-03-17 at 11:53 PM, Asmardos said:

We've done a bit of brainstorming, and you might be able to use some of these.
Stealth Assassination
The target has a random but fixed route where it is in sight of other enemies and a few rare places where it is out of sight. If you are seen before, after or while killing it, you lose.
Swarm.
You will be attacked in waves, and each wave will have twice as many enemies as the one before.
Grappling Gun 4 Movement 4 Fun you can use with or without the K-Drive.
Escape.
An enemy that you cannot kill chases you, one hits you when it gets you and you have to flee to the extract.
Red light
You start with empty equipment of your choice, each round you get one of 4 random mods for every equip and you can slot it in regardless of the cost, you can also swap an existing mod 4 for a new one.
War.
You enter an open world map and have to kill 1000 enemies waiting for you.
Kuva Capture
You have to capture a Kuva guard, but you can't teleport him out, you have to drag him behind you, you can't run, roll or slide, and other enemies will try to free him, but you can catch him again if you're fast enough.
Please drop Conclave 4 the raids.
Make the raids faster, they are so slow it hurts in a normally fast game like Warframe.

These are actually very good ideas but what will be the rewards of these mission types ?

On 2023-03-18 at 11:29 AM, (XBOX)Jhaan Umbra said:

Hi am new and was wondering if the excalibur dex skin will be dropping during the stream and if so how do you claim it?

You can get every other anniversary rewards in that time period with alerts.

55 minutes ago, Orakan said:

Trust me mate , none of the veteran players will play this event cause all of us have all the arcanes and new players can not pass through that event, so long story short ; I don't think that event will comeback ever again I hope we will get more coop missions like this .

I'm just MR 30 but I'd love Scarlet Spear to return. It's much easier to get Energize for my friends and clanmates through it than Eidolons.

On 2023-03-16 at 1:17 PM, Rage_Inducer said:

Steam Input is a bit broken and has been broken for a while.
The issue is that the game "locks" into this controller only mode when booted with a controller plugged in.
On most PC's this is easy enough to fix, boot the game and THEN connect a controller but the problem is that now we have stuff like the Steam Deck and other similar portable PCs that can't have their controllers removed.
Could we please get a toggle in the launcher to force the game into mouse keyboard mode while still allowing for controllers?
Can't even navigate menus with mouse keyboard if a controller is present.

You need to set the steam input to a generic gamepad instead of the default input. Then you configure the controls in-game, it works better 👍🏼

Congrats on your 10th year devs

I really hope the servers never get shutdown in the future

Any news on mobile release im dying to play on the go with my pc account (once we can merge accounts and cross save releases) but ill definently start ovr again if I've gotta wait for cross save.

Are you guys gonna take a breather to look over the older frames and content to give them a rework or adjustment? Plenty of good Warframes have been thrown off since they don't work with the current style of the game. Also, please make the closed roof orbiter an option.

This is basically a repost from devstream#167 forum thread:

have 3 questions about the future of warframe:

1. will foundry queueing be a thing? I would rather send a batch of the same mineral to craft for a few minutes than send to craft > wait a minute > claim > rinse and repeat. the main accused (couldn't find a better word) are minerals from open world. obviously, if I send the same minearal 10 times, the cost should be 10 times the amount needed for 1, and only available for stuff that need at most 2 hours to craft, any longer shouldn't be allowed to queue

2. any chance to revisit orphix missions in emperyan/railjack? there is almost no down time and whenever solo or full group, it always assumed full group with fully built and forma'd necramechs and archwing guns, so the game mode is not solo friendly at all... all I ask to please add at least 15 seconds or at most 30 seconds to the interval between orphixes

3, any chance to revisit thermal fractures event in orb vallis? after getting 100 points in that event, there is no real motive to go back to it unless you need diluted thermia, maybe make it with bounties like ghoul purge in plains of eidolon or maybe collect some kind of currency instead of points and have an exchange shop somewhere in fortuna

I have 3 more questions I am wondering about:

1. Will the OpLink ever be useable? I was here and did the operation Scarlet Spear, but since then the OpLink just sits in my gear slot roasting away (not really obviously, just literally have no other use) and I find it sad

2. Will we get corpus skirmish (and have cephalon cy finally say "Corpus Crewship") or grineer-based emperyan missions (much like corpus but with grineer, exterminate, volatile, spy, orphix. etc.)?

3. Will Archwing melee get the same love as archwing guns? (gravimag [or gravihilt or similar], launcher, new mods, equitable on necramechs along with archwing guns, not sure if I named them all or not)

Thank you for reading this and thanks in advance for (and if) the answers!

Happy 10 years devteam, I just have a single question for you all,

Are there any plans for a grineer galleon and astroid rework, I really enjoyed the lore and expansion that came with the deadlock protocol corpus ship remastered and would love to see that visual trend more into the game. The jackal boss was epic and I feel that the grineer landscapes and Vor's boss fight should get some love.

Archived