Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross-region Play?

Moonblast365

Question

My friends,

I think it is time we address a relatively serious issue within the game.  Cross-platform gameplay is a greatway for all sorts of console users to engage with each other.  But what happens with regions?  I have two friends online that I talk with (both from Europe), but Warframe for some reason will not allow me to add them, invite them, or play with them.  There is something going on here, and I need your help.

Sincerely,

Tenno Moonblast365

7 answers to this question

4 минуты назад, Moonblast365 сказал:

There is something going on here, and I need your help.

It's likely caused by your internet connection issues. Because Warframe never forbid people from different regions to play together. Every day I play with my friends from France and Australia without any issues.

1 hour ago, Tesla_Reloaded said:

It's likely caused by your internet connection issues. Because Warframe never forbid people from different regions to play together. Every day I play with my friends from France and Australia without any issues.

I understand that, yes.  But when I switched regions and played with my friends, I couldn't add them to my friends list...

19 минут назад, Moonblast365 сказал:

I understand that, yes.  But when I switched regions and played with my friends, I couldn't add them to my friends list...

Are they using the same gaming platform as you (for example, you're playing in PC and they play on PC too) or they're using different gaming platfotms (XBOX, PS, Nintendo Switch)? Because only that can explain why you can't add them as friends - right now cross-play and cross-save are still in development and friend function between players from different platforms doesn't work.

As a PC player, you can friendlist any other PC player from any other region and invite them to your squad to play with them at any time without doing any modification to your setting.

If they are from another platform, you can only play with them, that's all that cross-play allows for now (you cannot friendlist them, but you can invite them to your squad and play together).

If the game tells you otherwise one of three things might have happened :

1. they are not playing on PC (cross-friend will likely become available once cross-save will be released at an undisclosed ETA, right now cross-play is just that, cross-play).

2. either you or them have issue or conflict between your Internet Service Providers (ISP) (sometimes turning your modem off, waiting a minute, and turning it on again can solve this issue)

3. you are playing Warframe China and they don't

Archived