Constant Stuttering/Freezes

NyxKitty

2 hours ago, Darvahoya said:

JPCarl, did you try launching all your missions/tests from the menu (Esc->Navigation) instead of using the cockpit navigation console with 'X'?

Yes.  The stuttering starts as soon as I load into my orbiter.  I launched missions from the menu and nothing changes.  Hardware wise, I am running an RTX 3070, Intel 10700K, 32GB RAM, and all games are on a 2TB M.2 SSD.

Logged in today and the stuttering has gotten worse.  Freezes for 2-3 seconds every 10 seconds or so.  There was a small update to Warframe when I logged in so whatever is causing the stuttering is on DE's end.  Every other game I have installed plays perfectly fine.  Really wish someone with some knowledge of what is going on would step in. 

26 minutes ago, JPCarl said:

Really wish someone with some knowledge of what is going on would step in. 

This is generally system specific, as I've stated previously; game stuttering can be caused by like 100s of different things, all on different systems and even occur on one but not the other with the exact same hardware, which is making this issue a bit difficult to troubleshoot. The only common point I'm frequently seeing is RTX 30xx cards, but even then the OP has a GTX 1650 Super so it could be the same issue or unrelated, and I'm sure there's many many RTX 30xx users that play this game that seem to not be having any issues whatsoever.

The only way we're going to get to the root of the issue is by testing and iterating on different solutions, as well as reaching out to DE support (the more tickets this specific issue gets the more they'll flag it or investigate it, if it's widespread enough and is something commonly shared like a recent Nvidia driver or certain GPU) with verbose logs. Support will likely have you go through basic troubleshooting too, because these kinds of issues have so many different reasons (slow or failing disk drive, thermal or voltage throttling, bad / failing hardware, misconfigured / weirdly configured system that doesn't play nice with the evolution engine, outdated or problematic drivers, etc.). I think one person I saw even had the game stutter because of mouse polling rate settings, of all things:

It's unfortunately not as simple as "this is DE's problem they need to fix it" when it may or may not be, because without logging and testing it's still kind of unclear.

• Like 1

I dont have this issue. just a humble wanderer of the forums, but has anyone with the issue tried running LatencyMon? It checks what services/processes/drivers take up CPU time and measures the stutters you experience. I'd give it a try, download, run, and let it measure for a few seconds since you guys experience it right away... Then we'll know if it's a software issue, hardware issue, etc

Wow thank God! I was thinking that i am the only one who is facing stuttering like that. especially after the last 3 hotfixes the thing is getting worst and mostly inside the Duviri open world. And i am still playing on classic graphics mode. I cannot imagine how worst the warframe performance will be when Enhanced came permanent. I was thinking that may this is happening because my pc is bad, but as i can see here even in better pc's than mine this happening. Also same graphics settings same fps i could not explain why this stuttering happen after every patch

55 minutes ago, Damocles said:

has anyone with the issue tried running LatencyMon?

I'm not having this issue either so I can't verify, but I do know that there's been a known bug for months with Nvidia drivers and LatencyMon, which is on their forum / patch notes:

• Increase in DPC latency observed in Latencymon [3952556]

Not sure if that would impact any of the results from that or not, I'm really not familiar with it or how to read the data that program returns to troubleshoot things but wanted to note it just in case.

It certainly isn't a hardware issue.  I have had a resource monitor up while playing.  CPU usage, temps, memory usage, gpu usage, all normal.  Today I did a full scan of my pc, chkdsk, the works.  No errors, no virus/malware.  I cleaned out my Nvidia shader cache, and did a clean install of Warframe.  The stuttering was gone for about 30-45 minutes.  After playing for a while the stutter started again and it gets progressively worse.  If it was a hardware issue, I would have problems in other games I play, which I do not.  Most of which are much more cpu/gpu intense than Warframe.  I am not a developer of any sort, but something on DE's end is causing the issue.  Especially since everything was fine prior to Duviri.  It could be some sort of conflict with the gpu driver as well.  I am not sure.  I am more inclined to believe it may have something to do with Intel specifically.  Nearly every post that I have seen about this issue the common denominator seems to be Intel CPUs.  I can't recall seeing any post that stated they had an AMD CPU.

Edited by JPCarl

As someone who's been playing on and off since beta, it's been a recurring issue for me and to this day i still haven't found a solution. i just quit for a few months come back and it'll be gone. And then a few months later it'll be back again.

On 2023-05-30 at 5:17 AM, chad001 said:

As someone who's been playing on and off since beta, it's been a recurring issue for me and to this day i still haven't found a solution. i just quit for a few months come back and it'll be gone. And then a few months later it'll be back again.

Same for me. I do have this issue now for months, and it's the only thing that stops me from playing. I haven't started it now for 7-8 months (a little bit later when Angels of the Zariman) dropped. I was curious now again, wanted to play the new Duviri stuff, but well:

https://streamable.com/os1hn4

Hell no.

Warframe is literally the only game I have issues, and in the meantime I've completely reinstalled Windows, and well. Honestly, I'm not really eager to find solutions, I've already tried a bunch of stuff a year ago, nothing worked.

Edited by dom6770

I have tried just about everything.  I have reseated my RAM / GPU.  Just did a BIOS update and the stuttering stopped for about 30 minutes then slowly started to creep back in.  After about an hour the stuttering was at the same severity as the post above mine.  I am at a loss at what else to do. 

I ran a debugger on this and it showed that it was blocking on the server so if you happen to have the same version of stuttering that I had it's not something you can fix by adjusting something on your PC (not sure if console players are getting this). That doesn't mean that it might not be related to something like Nvidia RTX cards since perhaps they are doing something that is causing problems on the server but I'm not going to buy an AMD card just to test this. However, in my case I found a simple solution - if I start a mission by using 'X' at the navigation console in my orbiter it stutters. If I start a mission any other way it doesn't stutter. This is about 80% repeatable with the 20% representing the occasional times I can start a non-stuttering session at my Navigation station on the orbiter since it never stutters if I start missions some other way/place.

31 minutes ago, Darvahoya said:

it was blocking on the server

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this, the game itself has a persistent connection that may make small calls every few seconds (as well as every minute or so for updated world state info, from what logs show me) but any waiting on the thread that gets shown (i.e. waiting for server response) should not affect the engine from continuing, as it's handled asynchronously. Otherwise, every time someone got a "network not responding" error or something similar the game would stutter or freeze. I don't see how a specific GPU would cause a network call to change its packet info either, if it's an issue with pending network responses causing this then it should be hardware agnostic.

Side note: I'm seeing some reports of this happening on other games where a person tried probably 20 different things, and their issue was a password manager causing stutters every 2.5s. I think this also extends to browser extensions (i.e. last pass), so I'd suggest temporarily disabling them and seeing if that helps. I'm still convinced it's system specific, but might be "widespread" if it's an affected driver or some software causing issues only on certain devices, but that's very difficult to troubleshoot at scale since there's likely overlapping issues all causing the same issue and they all have to be diagnosed separately (i.e. thermals, outdated drivers, weird polling rates, hardware issues, etc.).

Many players have this issue, no information when will be fix for month. With some shamanism ive made freezees go away just by making average video settings, but then i played with them a little, now im reinstaling the game coz its unplayable. Im too tired of this, and if no fixes from devs ill unistall even if i like game overall. Theres basilion trads about freezes, it started with duviri, so its not a zebra in our pc. 

So sad that I'm now experiencing these stutters as well, was working fine this afternoon, loaded the game up tonight and it started stuttering in missions out of nowhere. Now I can restart the game/pc/network and it doesn't stop it. I just dropped a few bucks on platinum for the first time today to buy a skin for a frame because I finally decided to commit to the game and now it is unplayable.. I hope it gets fixed 

*UPDATE*

So I submitted a support ticket about a week ago.  I went through all of the fixes that had been done before.  Verifying files through the launcher, optimizing the cache, deleting all config files, etc.  When all of that had failed, support gave me one more idea.  I feel stupid for not doing this in the first place. 

1. Go into msconfig and click selective startup and un-check Load startup items.  Go to the services tab and click Hide all Microsoft services. then select Disable all.  Make sure that you DO NOT turn off any microsoft services because  that can possibly cause windows to not function properly.  Click apply, then ok, then restart your PC.  

After the restart I started up Warframe and the stutter was completely gone.  I played for about half an hour just to make sure.  After confirming the stutter was gone I shut down the game, went back into msconfig, selected the Normal Startup option, clicked apply, then ok.  Restarted my PC, launched Warframe, and the stutter is gone!  I have played multiple hours now with no issue.  I have not yet isolated the background process that was causing the issue but whatever it was, it is no longer a problem! 

Hopefully this will work for others that are having the same issue.

• Like 4

В 09.06.2023 в 02:58, JPCarl сказал:

*UPDATE*

So I submitted a support ticket about a week ago.  I went through all of the fixes that had been done before.  Verifying files through the launcher, optimizing the cache, deleting all config files, etc.  When all of that had failed, support gave me one more idea.  I feel stupid for not doing this in the first place. 

1. Go into msconfig and click selective startup and un-check Load startup items.  Go to the services tab and click Hide all Microsoft services. then select Disable all.  Make sure that you DO NOT turn off any microsoft services because  that can possibly cause windows to not function properly.  Click apply, then ok, then restart your PC.  

After the restart I started up Warframe and the stutter was completely gone.  I played for about half an hour just to make sure.  After confirming the stutter was gone I shut down the game, went back into msconfig, selected the Normal Startup option, clicked apply, then ok.  Restarted my PC, launched Warframe, and the stutter is gone!  I have played multiple hours now with no issue.  I have not yet isolated the background process that was causing the issue but whatever it was, it is no longer a problem! 

Hopefully this will work for others that are having the same issue.

Dude I don't know how this "idiotic" action could affect the game, but IT works... kinda, I've been testing for about a day, so far so good. I still haven't been able to figure out what process affected this on Warframe, oh sorry Bugframe xD

I am in this game for a very long time, I wanted to quit because with these bugs can not play normally and here's a random comment on the forum helped. I will watch the game and if something changes, I will write here. Thanks again man.

8 hours ago, Dre2dn0ught said:

Dude I don't know how this "idiotic" action could affect the game, but IT works... kinda, I've been testing for about a day, so far so good. I still haven't been able to figure out what process affected this on Warframe, oh sorry Bugframe xD

Not denying the game is buggy at the best of times here, but also this specific fix just means you have some other program or service on your system that's causing issues. That does not mean it's the game's fault if some other program is causing interrupts or problems, but they can attempt to work around it if the offending software doesn't resolve it on their end. It may also help to isolate what it is and post back here, as if it's common software it's probably the cause for many peoples' issues (like 99% of the time this issue is driver or software, i.e. configuration specific as I've stated a bunch before). DE should be able to add it to their known software issues list, which includes:

• Baidu IME
  • GeDoSaTo - GeDoSaTo64.dll
  • Raptr overlay
  • Lucid VirtuWatt software
  • Razer Synapse Program
  • Razer Chroma SDK (Game automatically closed/crashed by itself while logging in the game)
  • Rivatuner Statistics Server
  • MSI Afterburner OSD

These programs can all interact with games in bizarre ways due to how they influence direct calls and inputs, often acting as interceptors for data or to apply their own overlays or hardware / input monitoring and adjustments. It's likely whatever program or service is causing this for you is of a similar nature.

3 часа назад, Naroxas44 сказал:

Not denying the game is buggy at the best of times here, but also this specific fix just means you have some other program or service on your system that's causing issues. That does not mean it's the game's fault if some other program is causing interrupts or problems, but they can attempt to work around it if the offending software doesn't resolve it on their end. It may also help to isolate what it is and post back here, as if it's common software it's probably the cause for many peoples' issues (like 99% of the time this issue is driver or software, i.e. configuration specific as I've stated a bunch before). DE should be able to add it to their known software issues list, which includes:

• Baidu IME
  • GeDoSaTo - GeDoSaTo64.dll
  • Raptr overlay
  • Lucid VirtuWatt software
  • Razer Synapse Program
  • Razer Chroma SDK (Game automatically closed/crashed by itself while logging in the game)
  • Rivatuner Statistics Server
  • MSI Afterburner OSD

These programs can all interact with games in bizarre ways due to how they influence direct calls and inputs, often acting as interceptors for data or to apply their own overlays or hardware / input monitoring and adjustments. It's likely whatever program or service is causing this for you is of a similar nature.

Reinstalled Windows, with drivers, the only thing installed is a steаm with warframe. 
So no, that's purely a problem of this game under some completely incomprehensible conditions that are sometimes impossible to reproduce. Bugframe, there's a reason it's called that around the world.

1 hour ago, Dre2dn0ught said:

Reinstalled Windows, with drivers, the only thing installed is a steаm with warframe. 

The fix you applied, with "Hide all Microsoft services" checked, means only services outside of Windows' core OS were disabled. That by definition means it was some other program or service if that solution worked. It could be something like Steam client service, NVIDIA display container (which ShadowPlay functions from, and is known to cause bugs and stutters in some games), or whatever, but that's what that solution tells me. I would not consider it a bug within' the game if an external program or service is causing it to function abnormally, since these are usually isolated processes; that doesn't mean it's not a problem though, and forwarding that info to devs can get them to try and work around interoperability issues.

2 hours ago, Dre2dn0ught said:

purely a problem of this game under some completely incomprehensible conditions that are sometimes impossible to reproduce

Unless you're the one debugging or troubleshooting the app, I don't know how you're getting that the conditions are "incomprehensible" and "impossible to reproduce". By your own admission it was resolved by disabling external services, and letting devs know what the offending service is could help them either implement some fix on their end or alert the owner of that service to resolve it. With how much software exists and is run on systems I doubt this is the only affected game or app.

6 hours ago, Dre2dn0ught said:

before you start sounding out and bolding a text whose meaning you don't fully understand

The checkbox that states "hide all Microsoft services" does indeed "hide all Microsoft services", leaving any that aren't OS-related (https://www.microcenter.com/tech_center/article/10798/how-to-disable-startup-services-in-windows-10):

DJHwXNp.png

You're certainly very interesting(No)

did anyone even ask for it?

I've no idea why you're making inflammatory comments, but this is a public forum and I'm assisting individuals.

• 3 weeks later...

In my case the culprit is high shader quality

enchanced mode

all setting on high without this setting = 220fps and no frametime spikes / freezes
all setting on high with this setting = 220fps and heavy drops to 140 fps with frametime spikes / freezes

Edited by Fulg0r3