Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wisp needs new/useable augments

(XBOX)CrimsonRakan

As is sits, I have zero reason to waste a slot on either of her augments. 

Her first one essentially wants you to nerf her motes by using one less mod. Half the time the community flames you for using shock motes anyways, So it's even worst in that regard.

Her second augment is a weapon augment that only works in the open maps. It is a respectable bonus to snipers but, nether change how her abilities actually work. 

What I would have liked to see is augments that change the status effects and/or elements of her abilities (shock mote, sol gate, breach surge) 

Another good one would change her 3 or 4. Instead it creates a void breach that is a  delayed explosion (and teleports wisp backwardsor in the air?) Or something that instead creates a minor sentry turret. Either the wisp clone or some kind of Sentinel that shoots for light AoE or rapid damage. 

Her first one essentially wants you to nerf her motes by using one less mod. Half the time the community flames you for using shock motes anyways, So it's even worst in that regard.

Her second augment is a weapon augment that only works in the open maps. It is a respectable bonus to snipers but, nether change how her abilities actually work. 

What I would have liked to see is augments that change the status effects and/or elements of her abilities (shock mote, sol gate, breach surge) 

Another good one would change her 3 or 4. Instead it creates a void breach that is a  delayed explosion (and teleports wisp backwardsor in the air?) Or something that instead creates a minor sentry turret. Either the wisp clone or some kind of Sentinel that shoots for light AoE or rapid damage. 

I've found both Wisp augments to be useful, and I'll often use both at the same time. Fused Reservoir just saves me time and button presses, while Critical Surge is providing a significant crit bonus to whatever primary I'm using. You might not like them, but they're perfectly fine augments, especially since Wisp is strong enough to spare the mod slots.

16 minutes ago, (XBOX)CrimsonRakan said:

The types of augments you describe don't fit with how DE designs augments. The overwhelming majority of augments simply add additional effects to abilities. You're asking for new abilities, not augments.

the Reservoirs Augment is a fine option for high Level Enemies. on the Solar Map only the Speed Mote matters if any of them, but that's not unique or anything, most stuff is irrelevant at low Levels.

the Breach Surge Augment was clearly designed just for Eidolon Hunting and such sure, so usually you wouldn't bother.

maybe we can get an Augment for Sol Gate to make it actually useful.

42 minutes ago, (XBOX)CrimsonRakan said:

its not a nerf imo. i care not what people think of shock mote. this is the one augment i dont run without. shame on DE for even not making this the default power.

4 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

its not a nerf imo. i care not what people think of shock mote. this is the one augment i dont run without. shame on DE for even not making this the default power.

Not everyone wants to place every mote at once

5 hours ago, (XBOX)CrimsonRakan said:

Fused Reservoir is perhaps one of the best augments in the entire game for what it does. If you build correctly Wisp was already insanely strong, but with that augment you completely destroy the game. Wisp's mod setup is already very lenient due to her mechanics so 1 mod slot gone won't hurt her. 

4 minutes ago, gamingchair1121 said:

internal bleeding, hemorrhage, ammo economy, weapon usability, other teammates...

unless your going solo, of course, go ahead since there's no one else there to get mad at you

that is not issue with wisp that is an issue with the game stacking speed modifiers.

again there is no reason not to.

Just now, EinheriarJudith said:

that is not issue with wisp that is an issue with the game stacking speed modifiers.

again there is no reason not to.

internal bleeding and hemorrhage do less damage at a fire rate over 2.5, weapons literally do not work without a functioning ammo economy, a lot of weapons feel worse to use with the increases fire rate, even more so if ammo economy is ruined, and some weapons are straight up unusable with the speed

3 minutes ago, gamingchair1121 said:

internal bleeding and hemorrhage do less damage at a fire rate over 2.5, weapons literally do not work without a functioning ammo economy, a lot of weapons feel worse to use with the increases fire rate, even more so if ammo economy is ruined, and some weapons are straight up unusable with the speed

again. IT IS AN ISSUE WITH THE GAME STACKING SPEED MODIFIERS!

if you are using a loadout with such strict stats. better you dont play with any frames that boost speed. its the same instance as someone doing group overshield when someone else is using rage. 

not the fault of the frames.

I'd like to see an augment for Sol Gate. For what it is supposed to be it feels very weak and underwhelming.

That said, I can't imagine how to enhance the ability with an augment...

As for the heated discussion about Motes. It would be for the best if we had a menu with all the abilities where you could choose to opt out from receiving the specific ability's effects. We have a similar menu to choose the default button behaviour (press or hold) already, to give you an example of what I mean.

27 minutes ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

I'd like to see an augment for Sol Gate. For what it is supposed to be it feels very weak and underwhelming.

That said, I can't imagine how to enhance the ability with an augment...

As for the heated discussion about Motes. It would be for the best if we had a menu with all the abilities where you could choose to opt out from receiving the specific ability's effects. We have a similar menu to choose the default button behaviour (press or hold) already, to give you an example of what I mean.

sol gate is supposed to be used in conjunction with breach surge. that alone makes it lethal. 

im also for a toggle. either one toggle or a list of toggles. 

11 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

there is no point at which i dont want to. 

there is no point at which there is a reason not to.

In defection, you may want to spread your reservoirs out more.  Hitting the 6 cap early can hurt.  I like to have 1 life and 1 speed at A, B, and C.   Defection sucks, though, so I can see why it wouldn't immediately spring to mind.

Beyond that, shock motes slow down defense missions.  It isn't to the same degree as a malicious Slowva or a Limbo.  But it still slows things down.

17 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

In defection, you may want to spread your reservoirs out more.  Hitting the 6 cap early can hurt.  I like to have 1 life and 1 speed at A, B, and C.   Defection sucks, though, so I can see why it wouldn't immediately spring to mind.

I just want to say I'm grateful DE decided to have Volt's Speed and other abilities work on NPCs. It makes Defection a lot faster and I no longer get frustrated when it pops up in Sortie or Incursions.

13 hours ago, (XBOX)CrimsonRakan said:

The flaming only happens in missions where a high kill count is necessary, where you also don't face much danger if you have even a halfway competent loadout.  You do not need CC in Hydron.  You do not need CC in a Neo survival fissure.  CC in those instances is detrimental to the team because bad design has made it so that kill speed is priority above all else, so long as enemies are corrupting quick enough.  I have never once gotten a complaint about Shock Motes in a mobile defense fissure, or an SP incursion where there might actually be some danger.  No one has ever complained about them to me during Kuva survival.  Excavation missions, people want shock mote, especially if it's higher level, or in an Archon Hunt.  There is a time and place for CC.  That doesn't make the Augment useless.  It cuts down set up time dramatically, and that's very useful.  Especially if you use a lot of conditional power strength, like Growing Power or certain arcanes.  

13 hours ago, (XBOX)CrimsonRakan said:

Hard agree on this one though.  This one is so niche that it doesn't feel useful to me either.

18 hours ago, (XBOX)CrimsonRakan said:

This was updated and works with any primary now.  (Thought I posted this already, but I guess not.)

18 hours ago, Pakaku said:

Sounds like she's perfectly fine as is, and the augments are situational, as augments should be designed

So you'd say DE screwed up and made  Critical Surge OP now? :P

Archived