Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quality of Life Suggestions

(PSN)Umbrellie

I play Warframe quite regularly. Here's a few Quality of Life changes I've thought about in my time playing this game. For clarification to avoid arguments: Quality of Life (QoL) means things that dont affect gameplay in any meaningful way. This will not be a "rework x frame" type post, just some neat UI or similar changes that could help streamline the experience.

1. Gear/Emote Wheel Repositioning

As it is in-game right now, if you want to rearrange your Gear wheel you have to replace an existing item. I like having all my spectres be next to one another for instance, but if I get a new Spectre I didnt previously have Id need to replace every item in the wheel after that in order to keep my order the same.

Lets say I have a Lancer, Shield Osprey, Scanner, Siphon Trap, and Omni Tool, in that order. If I then wanted to add a Roller after the Osprey in order to keep my spectres together, I'd need to replace the Scanner with the Roller, then the Trap with the Scanner, then the Omni with the Trap, and finally add the Omni onto a new slot at the end. Now scale that up to about 30+ different gear items and you can imagine why it gets tedious. Being able to just drag and drop a new item inbetween existing ones would make sorting our Gear/Emote wheels so much simpler.

2. Retaining Expired Consumable Gear

Following on from the Gear Wheel sorting, if an item has limited uses and it is consumed, it should retain it's place on the Gear wheel, but simply display as "0 Owned", and be grayed out and unusable. For most things like Restore Pads this isnt an issue since I personally usually have hundreds built at a time, but for more hard to acquire consumables, like Assassin beacons and Requiem Ultimatums, I don't want to be forced to keep 1 unused just to maintain it's place in my Gear wheel. This is especially prominent when in conjunction with the hassle it takes to reorganise currently, as mentioned in point 1.

3. Discovered Lich/Sister Progenitor Element on the Warframe screen

Using similar tech as the Forma Count/Archon shard counter, when selecting a Warframe it should show their Progenitor element (if you have used that Warframe to create a Lich/Sister in the past). Currently, if I want an adversary of a particular type my options are either to sort through my Codex's backlog to find which Warframes I have used previously, or look it up online via the Warframe Wikia or similar sites. Instead, a small element Icon should appear over a Warframe (and it's variants if owned) showing what element of Lich it would result in. All this does is streamline a process already possible in game, and reduce the need to rely on outside sources for information you've already seen in the past.

4. Relic Auto-selection in Endless Missions

When failing to select a Relic in an endless mission, instead of simply equipping No Relic, it will auto-equip the Relic that is both Unvaulted and has the highest amount of relics in your inventory.

Numerous times it's happened where a Host Migration occurs in a Defense or Interception, and after the Migration nobody but the new host has a relic equipped thanks to the Migration bypassing the option to equip a relic. At the very least if it auto-equipped your most owned, non-vaulted, relic you would be eligible for some kind of reward for your time with minimal losses (such as accidentally using the only copy of a vaulted relic). Obviously Host Migrations arent the only occasion this can happen. Poor connection or a variety of other factors can prevent a player from choosing a relic, but this is the most prominent case of this in my experience. If the player has no unvaulted relics at all, it will resort to No Relic as it does now to avoid accidental use of limited resources.

5. Menu Sorting Priorities and New Sorting Options

When selecting menu sorting (Name, Rank, Focus Lens, etc.) we should be able to apply multiple filters. If I select "Archon Shards", then "Rank", it would sort all Frames with 5 Archon Shards together, and then of those frames order them by rank within that same bracket.

Another nice addition would be Ascending/Descending sort options, as well as some new options for menu's like Helminth feeding. Sorting by Count when feeding my Helminth is fine, but I'd much prefer if I could sort Proportionally.

Let's say I need Bile to remove an Archon Shard: If I have 3,000 Cryotic and 2,000 Isos, both Count and Name would sort Cryotic first. However, feeding Helminth Cryotic would use all 3,000 (100% of my stock) of that resource, whereas feeding it Isos would only consume 200 (10% of my stock), meaning Isos would be, all else being equal, a more economical choice. This could simply be done by taking the amount required to feed Helminth, divided by the total amount owned, and sorting based on the result in Ascending order.

Conclusion

I'm sure there are many more small QoL additions thay could be made, but these are the prominent ones I've thought of while playing.

Feel free to leave your own ideas in replies below for others to read, but I probably won't read them myself because most times I make a post on these forums someone tries to argue about pointless things so I'm not entertaining it anymore.

Have a good day Tenno.

Archived