Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember has a few bugs/kinks...

(PSN)AbBaNdOn_

I have used Ember alot, especially post-WoF.  Havent been using her alot recently though.  So she has fallen behind Nekros again for most used =(.   However I recently took up LIch Hunting again and am using Ember to make fire weapons.  Im trying to update/modernize her loadout thanx to all the new toys... this has lead to some discoveries...

--First of all was Ember stealth nerfed with LOS restrictions on her 4th???  I remember very clearly standing behind buddy doors and being able to nuke stuff on the other side of them while it was closed.  In general I see a crap ton of enemies that were previously getting lit up not being affected.  Has any other Ember user noticed then?  When did that happen.  I've used Ember here and there but I dont remember experiencing this so it seems recent...  ( For time reference purposes, my Ember had been updated with Molt arcanes,   so was this changed some time after Zariman?)

--Ember's 2nd ability Immolation sp? is garbage!!!  I love having DR on Ember but this ability needs completely reworked.   Having your DR go up and down like a rollercoaster is incredibly dumb.   How does that help her stay alive if she constantly has to drop to 50% DR?? , has no armor, and very little health??  No other frame with DR does that.    Nova loses DR particles but she has TWO dif augments to get her particles back instantly.  

Immolation should have been like a mini WoF.  As your heat guage goes up she should get a small AoE around her that damages enemies with heat damage.  As her heat gauge goes up so does the range and damage.   Capped at like 5-7 meters(range mods/nerfs dont apply) (nothing crazy, just to incinerate anything that gets close to her while she is on fire!!)

My new Ember has less armor/hp so I tried to design her around leaving her 2nd running non stop.  This is what lead to some weird discoveries.   Part of Embers heat meter is that the more you use abilities the faster the heat meter rises.   This can be used to your advantage for different things.   But what I have noticed is that once you hit 90% DR and immolation begins to drain you,  that drain is not capped...  If you keep casting fire abilities and making your heat gauge acceleration go up it also makes your drain extremely fast.    Even at max efficiency and 600+ energy its extremely easy to drain yourself in seconds.   At max Efficiency it says it drains 2.5 energy/second.  In my opinion this should NOT be affected by heat gauge acceleration...  It should be 2.5/s no mater what!!!

First thing I did with my new ember loadout was slap on efficiency mods.   Fleeting Expert+ Streamline/Boreal's Hatred.    I had been using Boreal's hatred for the extra shields and the fact Efficiency caps at 175% .  I noticed Immolation's drain went down even further when I used Streamline..   So my first though was maybe duration was affecting it... but i checked both LO's and duration(and arcanes were a non factor).  Fleet+Stream just seem to exceed the 175% cap on drain..  I checked some other frames that have drain abilities and only equipped Efficiency mods to them and it didnt really matter to anyone else.   The drains were capped whether you used Streamline or Boreal.    Then I went back to Ember and did put some duration mods on her but that did nothing to her drain...  for all the other frames I tested this actually helps improve drain.    So anyways why does Ember work different than everyone else.   Immolation capping at 2.5 energy/s seems hella high, especially if you factor in heat gauge acceleration....    

---------------------------------------------------

I am only moderately familiar with armor stripping... Ember's fireblast is suppose to armor strip when your heat gauge is at max?   I have used frames like caliban/mag and others to fight liches and i know its possible to strip them.    However lich hunting with Ember last night solo.. I hit my lich with a full meter fireblast and there was no strip...wtf....  My Strength had to have been close to 200%+ at the time to.   Im prob gonna grab more lichs and get more samples but what the heck??   I've used Ember to strip angels and stuff so its not like I dont know what im doing...

------------------------

I gotta hit up the sim today to see what if any improvement archon vitality actually makes to heat damage.  

• Like 1

Il y a 17 heures, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ a dit :

--First of all was Ember stealth nerfed with LOS restrictions on her 4th???  I remember very clearly standing behind buddy doors and being able to nuke stuff on the other side of them while it was closed.  In general I see a crap ton of enemies that were previously getting lit up not being affected.  Has any other Ember user noticed then?  When did that happen.  I've used Ember here and there but I dont remember experiencing this so it seems recent...  ( For time reference purposes, my Ember had been updated with Molt arcanes,   so was this changed some time after Zariman?)

I have played Ember today, and i can tell you nothing changed with her 4th, it can still target enemy behind wall (except if the enemy is protected by an arbi drone, but that's the only exception in my knowledge).

Il y a 17 heures, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ a dit :

--Ember's 2nd ability Immolation sp? is garbage!!!  I love having DR on Ember but this ability needs completely reworked.   Having your DR go up and down like a rollercoaster is incredibly dumb.   How does that help her stay alive if she constantly has to drop to 50% DR?? , has no armor, and very little health??  No other frame with DR does that.    Nova loses DR particles but she has TWO dif augments to get her particles back instantly.  

At least it give a minimum amount, not like Adaptation. Personally in my Ember I have put a Azure shard for armor to go to 300 armor, meaning 50% DR on health, then Immolation give at least 50% and Adaptation give 50% in average, so it's around 87.5% when you accumulate. And don't forget Immolation give other bonuses for your abilities and it's not a duration-based ability you need to recast every N seconds to have the DR
Does Immolation permit Ember to tank as a Rhino ? No. Does she need to ? Also no, imho.

Edited by Okaazkul
  • Like 1

In my experience, Immolation's top heat drain (and acceleration) has nothing to do with your current heat%/s even if you spam all your skills and it tops off immediately after a blast, what has it accelerate is simply keeping it at full for too long, a Fire Blast reset will do just fine, so it's best simply to keep spamming that when it reached the cap often.

As for the armor strip, I know some enemies are completely unaffected by it, I haven't tested on Liches but Demolysts and Accolytes seem to be fully immune to it. I have not taken a look at the wiki and found more info on it, just my experience.

Edited by ScytodiDaedalus
  • Like 1

As far as immolation...   I feel like the acceleration from using abilities is still there and it ramps up energy drain even after you hit the 90% cap  BUT what I noticed on further testing was that no matter how many times I used other abilities and no matter what the acceleration was up to.. one simple fire blast would reset the energy drain to normal even if the meter instantly fills back up.   

It doesnt accelerate from being at max for to long... not in my opinion...   Its pretty easy to see the different levels of drain from running Immolation.  

-----------------

I guess I should ask this in players asking section but I tested Archon Vit...   it just makes you give 2 heat stacks instead of 1.   Except I dont really know what the hell stacks do lol.   It didnt seem to up the damage or increase the duration of damage tics.... So what DOES multiple stacks of an element do EXACTLY?  Its nowhere in-game either lol.  

55 minutes ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

no matter how many times I used other abilities and no matter what the acceleration was up to.. one simple fire blast would reset the energy drain to normal even if the meter instantly fills back up.  

that is indeed by design, its clunky compared to other abilities, but it is seemingly by design if one wants to keep immolation up indefinitely they need high enemy density, exothermic and ideally arcane energize(higher the rank, the better)

55 minutes ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

I guess I should ask this in players asking section but I tested Archon Vit...   it just makes you give 2 heat stacks instead of 1.   Except I dont really know what the hell stacks do lol.   It didnt seem to up the damage or increase the duration of damage tics.... So what DOES multiple stacks of an element do EXACTLY?  Its nowhere in-game either lol. 

the game does indeed fail at communicating how exactly damage and damage types work, in this case, heat status does 50% of your damage(modded base damage multiplied by elemental mods in the case of weapons and faction damage buffs like weapon bane mods and some things like Rhino's Roar) every second for 6 total ticks over 7 seconds, in the case of heat reapplying stacks will refresh its duration as long as the status didnt fully wear off and add more damage to the subsequent ticks(i.e 2 stacks is 100% dmg per second, 3 stacks is 150%, and so on)

so for ember's Inferno, as far as i understand it, the main impact of the meteors has a guaranteed heat status proc with a base damage of 2500(50-50 split between heat and impact) so with 1 stack and no further bonuses to her ability strength or any bonuses from immolation ember would do 1250 impact dmg and 1250 heat dmg on impact, then 6 ticks of 1250 heat dmg(1 tick per second over 7 seconds for 7500+2500 total dmg), but with archon vitality that changes to 6 ticks of 2500 heat dmg(1 tick per second over 7 seconds for 15000+2500 total damage), a 75% increase to inferno's damage from a single cast(without accounting for the extra separate DoT from it applies unrelated to heat status)

worth noting: faction damage buffs apply twice for DoT effects, they act as multipliers for both your base damage and as an elemental multiplier

if i got anything wrong someone feel free to correct me

• Like 1

On 2023-04-06 at 10:21 PM, ScytodiDaedalus said:

In my experience, Immolation's top heat drain (and acceleration) has nothing to do with your current heat%/s even if you spam all your skills and it tops off immediately after a blast, what has it accelerate is simply keeping it at full for too long

I guess you were right.  I've been using her more and watching my drain very carefully.  

• 1 month later...

The rework to Ember in my eyes were just making her worse overall.

with the newer Frames we have gotten after her rework it honestly made no sense in my eyes to even rework her from *an afk dmg frame* to what she have become way less powerful and just janky to play used to basicly play Ember for EVERYTHING i cant stand playing that frame anymore.

• Like 2

Would be nice if Fireball scaled with the damage of existing heat procs like Thermal Sunder does, allowing it to do solid single target damage (+ some AoE CC) after using a heat weapon on a beefy target

That and/or applying vulnerability to heat damage

Heck, maybe make it apply heat vulnerability, then scale with heat proc damage based on Immolation level (higher Immolation levels add a greater % of heat proc damage to Fireball), so we can use it as a debuffer at low Immolation and a nuke at high Immolation

Edited by ImWithDerp

Le 02/04/2023 à 05:35, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ a dit :

From the update 26, Inferno requires line of sight, but in fact

it's a very "forgiving" mechanic : it works even if a small part of an enemy can be seen (even if it's a clipping part through a wall). As Inferno's effect spreads if enemies are close (within the ring of fire radius), it's still possible to nuke through walls, but at least a small part of the enemy should be visible on the screen.

Citation

Upon casting Inferno, all enemies currently within sight are struck by a fiery comet, lighting each target ablaze in a personal ring of fire. Inferno costs Energy per each target in sight, with the cost capped at 10 targets, at which other enemies are then free.

(from Update 26.0 - 2019-10-31)

I love having DR on Ember but this ability needs completely reworked.

I totally agree with you.

I am only moderately familiar with armor stripping... Ember's fireblast is suppose to armor strip when your heat gauge is at max?   I have used frames like caliban/mag and others to fight liches and i know its possible to strip them.    However lich hunting with Ember last night solo.. I hit my lich with a full meter fireblast and there was no strip...wtf....  My Strength had to have been close to 200%+ at the time to.   Im prob gonna grab more lichs and get more samples but what the heck??   I've used Ember to strip angels and stuff so its not like I dont know what im doing...

Fireblast armor strip was bugged some time ago (it still has some problems, specially on Steel Path, as many other armor stripping abilities). Fireblast can strip armor at any heat gauge : the gauge will only state the amout of armor that Fireblast will strip at each cast. Since the rework of armor stripping abilities, it works on max armor value (it was on current armor value before), so, at the lowest heat level and with 100% power strength, if you cast the ability twice (50% armor strip) it will fully strip the armor (in theory !), but it's been working weirdly and many times it wont strip armor at all (Thrax units, Steel Path Enemies, Circuit enemies are the most affected - and Heat status effect armor strip is not working neither on the Circuit).

Liches are being very inconsistent : Kavat's Sharpened Claws used to work, but Ember's Fireblast does not work...

• Like 1

I mean she was kind of overpowered for the effort you put into her befor her total overhaul but they just made her so lack luster and when frames like octavia Xaku etc. basicly doing what old ember did AFK to kill the rework of Ember in my opinion was just a mistake from the start.

• 1 month later...

I personally have no troubles with immolation and its DR I play a high efficiency ember and if youre struggling to keep your meter high then you need to spamming inferno a lot more often. right after casting fireblast my immolation meter instantly fills up  because im using inferno with exothermic along with nourish replacing fireball to keep up energy which allows me to spam inferno on mass groups of enemies therefore my meter fills up insanely fast. im basically saying cast inferno more often