Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Evolution Engine Now Crashing, Since Update 11

mechanikilla

I have been crashing so much lately I just don't feel like playing anymore. I don't like to play knowing that at any moment, for some unknown reason, the game will crash. I can't believe the game is so unstable now. I already missed a catalyst blueprint alert because of this.

im having crashes since u11 and when im not having crashes im having problems when joining  a mission, im getting a lag, a stop motion screen, and loots are floating everywhere, cant even see the mobs (... im always having this problems when joining a mission)

crashing here too. ((allways sending crashreport)if it doesnt fail to connect)

Only online games when i start and peaple join. Solo its fine...

never crashed befor. this problem accours since 2-3 days.

crashed me on every Survival mission today....

Thx for this super game guys,

but please fix this!!!

So yeah, my game is crashing at pretty much any of the listed times in this thread. I don't even have to be the host for this to happen ether. I've been getting half of this since u11 and the other half since the Alad v mission. The real question I have here, has anyone discovered any settings that remedy most of these?

wel your having different problems then i have. my even crashes while loading the game it self,

clicking on the foundry, ending a mission, arranging mods, going to the clan hall and

numerous other times i think i don't have to mention.

so i dont think this is rendering, unless the loading of the game requires multi thread rendering.

i use a steam and normal launcher so its not related to any sort of diffrent launcher.

i also noticed that a friend of mine didn't have any crashes. this alstart after the 11. update

please fix this bug and keep up the good work.

Is the EE.log not sent when the crash reporting feature sends the data to DE? I've had this issue since before U11 but that's because I manually had Multithreaded rendering turned on.  I will admit, when  I have it turned on, I pull the full 144FPS my monitor allows, and only 60 without it on.  If they could fix it so the crashes aren't there anymore, it'll be the best FPS games I have (90 is the max on the next closest).  

whats a multi threaded rendering?

Well since nobody answered your question.... here is the answer:

"Rendering is the process of generating an image from a model (or models in what collectively could be called a scene file), by means of computer programs. Also, the results of such a model can be called a rendering. A scene file contains objects in a strictly defined language or data structure; it would contain geometry, viewpoint,texturelighting, and shading information as a description of the virtual scene. The data contained in the scene file is then passed to a rendering program to be processed and output to a digital image or raster graphicsimage file. The term "rendering" may be by analogy with an "artist's rendering" of a scene. Though the technical details of rendering methods vary, the general challenges to overcome in producing a 2D image from a 3D representation stored in a scene file are outlined as the graphics pipeline along a rendering device, such as a GPU. A GPU is a purpose-built device able to assist a CPU in performing complex rendering calculations. If a scene is to look relatively realistic and predictable under virtual lighting, the rendering software should solve the rendering equation. The rendering equation doesn't account for all lighting phenomena, but is a general lighting model for computer-generated imagery. 'Rendering' is also used to describe the process of calculating effects in a video editing program to produce final video output." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallel_rendering)

"Multithreading is designed to improve performance by performing work using one or more threads at the same time. In the past, this has often been done by generating a single main thread for rendering and one or more threads for doing preparation work such as object creation, loading, processing, and so on. However, with the built in synchronization in Direct3D 11, the goal behind multithreading is to utilize every CPU and GPU cycle without making a processor wait for another processor (particularly not making the GPU wait because it directly impacts frame rate). By doing so, you can generate the most amount of work while maintaining the best frame rate. The concept of a single frame for rendering is no longer as necessary since the API implements synchronization."

(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ff476891(v=vs.85).aspx)

Edited by Karela2

• 2 weeks later...