The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Regarding Null Star (Post Damage 2.0)

BizarreFetalChimpanzee

Is it just me, or did Null Star get nerfed hard with this update? I am unsure if the devs intended this or if it is merely a result of Damage 2.0. Before U11, if my Null Star did not kill an enemy, I knew it would still, at the very least, stun them. I liked that a lot because it provided a small defensive buff to how squishy Nova is. Now though, I have not experienced it stunning any enemies, let alone even killing what it used to kill with ease. In its current state, Null Star feels absolutely useless since all it does is pretty much tickle whatever enemies it hits, rather than at the very least stunning them. 

A few questions specifically for the devs: Was this an intended nerf? Is this just simply a result of Damage 2.0? Will this ability be looked at? 

For everyone else: Have you guys noticed this change in the ability at all? What do you think of it as it stands now? 

Edited by BizarreFetalChimpanzee

It's an issue that arose from it being serrated blade damage.

That means that its armor ignore and extra infested damage are gone, making it laughably weak considering the damage type was basically all it had going for it.

Combine this with naturally much more resilient enemies that are harder to stun and you have a recipe for uselessness.

Code it in as 50% Puncture 50% blast damage that stuns and you'll have the old Null Star but with interesting 2.0 effects to go with it.