Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 6.5 Hotfixes

[DE]Rebecca

Detailed notes on the "Several balancing tweaks to Rifles and Pistols."

BRATON: Tweaks to recoil feel. Added force feedback.

BURSTON: Tweaks to recoil feel. Added force feedback. Shorter pause between bursts.

LEX: Tweaks to recoil feel. Slight boost to base fire rate.

SICARUS: Tweaks to recoil feel. Slight boost to burst's fire rate and longer pause between bursts.

LATRON: Tweaks to recoil feel with sharper Rotation Spring/Noise and added Translation Spring. Added force feedback to firing sound. Tweaks to accuracy setting to match previous weapons' direction.

FURIS / AFURIS: Tweaks to recoil feel with sharper Rotation Spring/Noise and added Translation Spring. Added force feedback to firing sound. Tweaks to accuracy setting to match previous weapons' direction. Overall balance between both weapons including the akimbo version being less accurate and base clip size of the akimbo version being exactly 2x the solo version.

MK1-BRATON / BRATON VANDAL: Tweaks to Recoil feel. Accuracy tweaks following previous weapons' direction. Added force feedback to Vandal's firing.

LATO / AKLATO: Tweaks to Recoil feel. Accuracy tweaks following previous weapons' direction. Added force feedback to their firing. Solo version more accurate than akimbo one.

KRAKEN: Tweaks to Recoil feel. Accuracy values changed to encourage aimed firing for more precise shot and to add reticule bounce. Added force feedback to its firing sound.

SNIPETRON: Tweaks to Recoil feel, added Rotation and Translation Spring values. Tweaks to aim while scoped and from hip. Added force feedback to its firing sound.

ALL: Made accuracy recoveries and auto-reload times consistent across all weapons.

What is this "accuracy tweaks following previous weapons' direction" bit about?

The accuracy tweaks probably include how the aklatos are no longer pinpoint accurate with no recoil while hipfiring. Not sure what the extent of the changes is. Aklatos currently have recoil while hipfiring and they're less accurate than before.

In the news section of the main website; the sub-header for the new update says "New weapon skin in today's update". I think someone may have gotten a little mixed up by the description of the Amphis.

Yay, I made a difference.

Edited by Zerroth

Making weapons less accurate really isn't a welcome change. As it is, there are no mods to help increase accuracy, and decrease recoil, so these kinds of changes are just universally bad.

It also once again makes you feel a lot less superhuman, and rather a much weaker version of the superhuman soldiers/ninjas we seem to be.

:(

Making weapons less accurate really isn't a welcome change. As it is, there are no mods to help increase accuracy, and decrease recoil, so these kinds of changes are just universally bad.

I respectfully disagree. Bringing accuracy of certain weapons in line with the rest is a good balance fix. Weapons with pinpoint accuracy from the hip entirely negate aim-down-sights as a feature. In some cases, Burstron for example, increasing the recoil still resulted in a direct buff because of how much more predictable the recoil became.

Weapon position in hands during standing still is broken, both for rifles and pistols, they re just floating in air or clipping through fingers, it needs to be fixed ASAP. Resets to normal while moving or shooting though.

New fire rate of lex is just awesome, with summary +70% fire rate mods it shoots pretty fast now. Always liked that pistol for look and sound but hated for incredibly slow fire rate.

Edited by Hero1nZero

The Burston is certainly better now... it still has the high downtime between bursts and it still kicks. But the spread is now tied to the recoil and can be activly counteracted. At least i hit a lot better with it now. The new recoil system realy helps making it a more viable weapon. I still prefer the Braton though.

Can confirm, ancient disruptors can still sap all my energy with a hit while I'm invisible, if I make myself invisible when I see them starting the attack, and then move out of the way while invisible. It's like they're locked on me.