Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) Update 33: The Duviri Paradox

[DE]Megan

The quest made me abort right after 5 min. Clunky, stupid combat and no clue what to do.

The hand is guiding me directly to Alt+F4.

As I see where this game is going to after Kahl and now this awkward thing, dont know if and when I try again.

• Like 9

34 minutes ago, matazalka said:

The quest made me abort right after 5 min. Clunky, stupid combat and no clue what to do.

The hand is guiding me directly to Alt+F4.

As I see where this game is going to after Kahl and now this awkward thing, dont know if and when I try again.

Ever since The New War, my theory had been that DE just really, really wants to make other games in other genres and with more finely-tuned mechanics and damage-economy (read: Railjack, New War, Kahlframe, etc.), but Tencent is holding their collective balls in a vice and forces them to make more Warframe, so their solution is to just make said games inside Warframe.

Edited by Egathentale
  • Like 8

Forgive my stupid question, but... where are the Warframe Reward Paths selected? All this page details is that I must make a selection, and attempting to join a circuit does in deed kick me back to the lobby and tells me to make the selection... but where exactly do I make the selection?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ayala_X said:

Enhanced Engine is good and all but what about those like me, who has the sh*tty PC and can't afford a better one? You could say: "Well, find a job, man. What's so hard?" I have a war in my country and you can hardly find a decent workplace rn. Eh.. why do I even bother. When did you even listen to a community.

When I was a poor student 10 years ago, I used my part-time job salary to buy okish laptop, and it still can run warframe, in, like, 20-40 frames at best. DE ask you to have PC younger, than 12-15(!) years. If your pc is older, than this, I would recommend you not to blow off dust off it, as even the lightest wind will probably destroy it

• Like 3

I was really doubtfull of the content of duviri when doing the quest, but actually I enjoy a lot the free roaming in the wolrd.

Targetting on secondary objectives is really fun and helps you build a really strong build for your current expedition.

Those who say that Duviri is too slow and clunky I can recommand to finish the quest, go on a mission and farm some secondary objectives (not available during the quest but plenty of them after that), build toward melee and once you've got 4-5 bonuses (especially crit and attack speed) you can anihilate what comes to you
If you find drifter too slow you should try giving subtle crouch inputs while you run. Just as in the main game is give you a momentum boost.

So far I really enjoy the world, it is really exploration heavy, secondary objectives feel reeally rewarding, and you won't come accross a random patch of ennemies to disturb your exploration, or at least not for too long and without rewarding you greatly.
However I'll say that all the fancy drifter combat mechanics are pretty useless, you can just rely on melee attacking without caring about blocking, interrupting ennemy abilities... just melee them with a melee build and they're dead

Fast-attacking with the pistol during melee feels not right, it kills the pace of the fight (+ ammo management doesn't make sens + you can switch from pistol to melee by melee attacking, but can't switch back to pistol by firing, you HAVE to manually change weapons)

Thank god the rewards are saved after each decree

I got softlocked 2 times one hour longer runs and had to alt f4 the game

Edited by Chinome

2 hours ago, Egathentale said:

Ever since The New War, my theory had been that DE just really, really wants to make other games in other genres and with more finely-tuned mechanics and damage-economy (read: Railjack, New War, Kahlframe, etc.), but Tencent is holding their collective balls in a vice and forces them to make more Warframe, so their solution is to just make said games inside Warframe.

Ah, but you have to look beyond that to see what this update is truly about:

Horse armor (and horse tails, horse saddles and horse tattoos).

Looking at it, and the massive wall of text and images in the update release notes tells me that this should have been released as a standalone game in itself. It has so much stuff that trying to munge it in with warframe has only hobbled its potential, or hobbled warframe's development. Maybe they had to keep making WF content and the team have been so busy with this new game that they had to release it as an update or WF would have had nothing added to it for a year. Maybe this really is the new direction for Warframe - warframes as a add-on to Duviri "as it was intended to be played" - meaning the warframe part was never intended to be in this at all and the devs were told they couldn't drop the only part that has made them successful, so the circuit and undercroft were bodged in.

I think, the circuit is the only part people are really going to play once the novelty has worn off. That's a shame as the rest will be good once the bugs are out, but should have always been a separate game. That makes this a terrible update (for WF) but could have been an awesome first release for Soulframe. I just think of the game journos who don't like warframe suddenly finding this new "not warframe" release that's very stylish, very playable and would get great reviews.

• Like 1

Don't think it's worth a thread in the Circuit section, so I'll post here. Just 2 things I've noticed in the Circuit so far:

Is Sevagoth's shadow not benefiting from Decrees intentional?

Are bows not benefiting from the "+damage on reload" Decree intentional?

Started the Greedy Milk K-Drive Scrawl research in the Dojo Bash Lab, but when I click "Contribute", no screen comes out and I get softlocked having to Alt-F4 from the game.

No problem with the other 2 scrawls or the dojo colors.

Edited by Pentore
  • Like 1

• Made the following changes to Mirage’s Sleight of Hand with the Explosive Legerdemain Augment Mod in order to solve major performance issues that would occur when rapidly casting Sleight of Hand with the Augment Mod equipped while Hall of Mirrors was active:
    • Explosion radius is no longer affected by Mods. It is now always 15m. 
    • Proximity mine triggers no longer replicate to Clients (this was a particularly brutal performance issue origin for Clients in squads where the Host was casting Sleight of Hands with Hall of Mirrors often). 
    • Proximity mines now have a 20 second lifespan unless it is attracting an enemy, in which case it is paused. Only one mine can attract a particular enemy at a time.
      • The lifespan previously used to be extended if an enemy entered its trigger range, but if they never reached the explosion (e.g. something else killed them first) the lifespan could be extended indefinitely, causing strain on performance when stacking mines with multiple Sleight of Hand casts. 
    • Optimized the proximity mines when cast in the dark. 
    • Optimized the proximity mine triggers when there are multiple placed with Hall of Mirrors. Now there will be one trigger per group of mines, since they are close enough to one another. The trigger will swap to a new mine if the latter is destroyed. 
    • Also fixed flickering on her shaders. 

NO NO NO NO, Please No.. common DE why! there was no any performance Issues and I'm using a 9 year old hardware!!!!!!!! please revert this PLEASE.

you basically removed what slight of hand is and the augment became useless, PLEASE REVERT THIS.

• Like 5

Circuit is unplayable broken.
i played now for 2 hours and EVERY god damn time the Circuit bugs out after round 3 or when someone leaves or when you just exist, solo or multiplayer doesnt mater the game is just broken. I have limited time a day, its outrages that i don't get any rewards NOR xp for my time spend. wtf

• Like 2

Il y a 2 heures, Dr.Membrane a dit :

Circuit is unplayable broken.
i played now for 2 hours and EVERY god damn time the Circuit bugs out after round 3 or when someone leaves or when you just exist, solo or multiplayer doesnt mater the game is just broken. I have limited time a day, its outrages that i don't get any rewards NOR xp for my time spend. wtf

Big update bugs out on release, who could have thought ?

• Like 3

I see a lot of people putting hate on Duviri. And to be honest...I don't blame them. I didn't like the whole "tutorial" replay I had to do since I already knew all that stuff already. But my main complaint is Quick Shot. I hate not being able to just casually swing my swords without care. Could we at least get the ability to rebind it or get it set like controller(I'm a pc player) to where you need to hold right-click and then left-click? I'd appreciate it greatly and it'd make the Drifter portion of Durivi far more playable for me.

• Like 1

I've finished the quest and my first Spiral (well, almost.  It bugged out and didn't complete after the last stage).  I actually liked it.  However, the thing that struck me as I was finishing the Spiral was, "This is fun, but it doesn't feel like Warframe."  It just feels like I started a different game and am getting used to the mechanics/HUD, etc.  In fact, the whole Undercroft thing where I'm dropping into my warframe now feels awkward, like seeing Simpsons characters in a South Park episode.  It just feels weird and out of place.  There's some really interesting stuff going on, and I absolutely love the horse (Quite possibly the best equestrian experience I've had in a video game), but it does just feel like a completely different video game just shoe-horned into Warframe's closet...er...dormizone.

Edited by Angel-Nefarious

Why we can't just enter to the location and extract resources? Without start or completing missions?

Mission markers disappear very often. So we are very much need to abort the mission and lose the progress after 30 and more minutes of playing. Often mission cannot continue after host migration.

Le 28/04/2023 à 16:13, Jordan285 a dit :

Why we can't just enter to the location and extract resources? Without start or completing missions?

Mission markers disappear very often. So we are very much need to abort the mission and lose the progress after 30 and more minutes of playing. Often mission cannot continue after host migration.

Actually you can, many players miss out the fact that ressources are saved after each decree you collect.

Enter in the duviri experience, farm your needs, complete any secondary or main objective, and leave, everything is kept