Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Duviri Paradox: Hotfix 33.0.2

[DE]Megan

For some of the PC issues here - I run GTX 1060 GPU, i7-8700 CPU and 16 GB RAM. My game is generally fine at about 100+ FPS but has its moments of lagging. Yesterday I think I noticed a memory leak though? I forgot to take a pic, but it was like my graphics and resolution had reset, everything was super blurry, basic textures and I was using 4,1 GB of my VRAM (max 6). It was only in a particular area though, some reflection thing. When I flew away from there the graphics had corrected themselves again. So I'm not sure what was going on there, honestly.

• Like 1

• Fixed completing any side objective in The Duviri Experience defeating a Dax enemy patrol forcing your main Story objective waypoints to disappear, leaving you unaware of where to progress. 

This is not fixed, it's not 100% disappearing like before be still happens quite often.

• Like 2

Everything still bugged, mission still disappear after stage 3 on steel path duviri and the chess game with the bunny is bugged, please let us play this update properly without losing motivation to keep playing it after the first days..

• Like 2

12 hours ago, mikakor said:

please let us bring pets in duviri, taking away a part of our day to day arsenal was a mistake, pets have long become more than just radar and vacuum with the newer ones. 

second, the RNG in the steel path circuit for gears is unsustainable. the fundations are here, but some weapons were just not made to be able to be used on steel path. 

and third, let us modify build while in the pre-mission hub. 

I think that is impossible according to the lore of the game. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

13 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed completing any side objective in The Duviri Experience defeating a Dax enemy patrol forcing your main Story objective waypoints to disappear, leaving you unaware of where to progress. 

Seen as it just happened to me now, I do not think it is fixed completely.

• Like 2

3 часа назад, master_of_destiny сказал:

I...don't see why this is a huge leap forward.  It's another content island, a bad implementation of a 4+ year old idea (choose weapon+frame, start with no mods, and unlock mods as you complete game modes), and its only saving grace (the grandeur of a boss battle) will quickly become a miserable slog well before we are done grinding it the hundreds of times we need to just to finish the current content...never mind the doubling that will probably occur with Duviri of Madness (pseudo-echoes of zariman) adding in more grind.

Sigh.  It might be time to give this up.  10 years worth of celebration is primarily old content recycled and credit boosters...it really feels like Baro is the bell weather, and half a year without any content being released is kind of the tone and tenor for the future.

I totally agree. The game is constantly increasing in breadth, but it almost never improves in depth. No integrity and now the copying of soul polish is incredibly low quality. The game urgently needs some kind of "Operation Health" update, where they will finally listen to the players, stop taking so much time from the players and put all the gameplay systems in order

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Kaggelos said:

Please reconsider making steel path circuit randomization optional.

It is a matter of having the choice to express our playstyle the way we want.

This game's strongest and unique point is it's player's freedom of choice and expression.

Don't take that away from us.

thank you

Unpopular opinion: you just wanna take out your kuva/tenet whatevers and roll everything don't you.

Don't you think the quest to find the "sunbeam" to open the operator's chest needs to be upgraded somehow? 

Many people have a weak computer and turn off some of the settings that get in the way. I have similarly disabled some settings and don't see those sunbeams the best. Maybe we should label them in some other way? 

• Like 2

Still encountering issues with disappearing main objective markers, albeit this time it tends to disappear after two or three side objectives instead of just the one. Still easily remedied by just noting where it is on the map, but I know many people would prefer the more direct guidance.

Still consider this a fantastic update, excellent game play loop, with neat tidbits all over the world. Hope you all continue to add little bits here and there to continue to make the world feel even more alive and consider giving the same small touches (not investments, just the little bits) to the other open maps.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kaggelos said:

Please, i have standards, dont lump me with the meta chasers xD

good. carry on then. I don't particularly like using big aoe weapons either.

and maybe level and keep more weapons, so theres less chance to get trash in duviri. I usually try to keep atleast anything relatively unique or the highest grade upgrade of any particular weapon set myself. unless they're like, side grades of one another.

honestly, as long as you grab even a half decent melee or frame, even with steel paths, a handful of decrees and you're pretty good regardless. random modes are meant to be a struggle after all.

Just glad being a collector these past couple years is sorta paying off so I always seem to have atleast one good weapon. and can always decree buff the melee significantly to be able to take atleast a set of the undercroft levels.

• Like 1

hace 19 horas, DeViL711 dijo:

it should be one of the top weapons

I don't think a weapon you can get the bp from in day one has any obligation to compete with top tier gear, remember that duviri is also a new entry point for new players, it makes no sense that the initial quest reward is just as strong as the gear you get on higher levels

I shudder to think how bad of a state Duviri was in at the end of last year if this is how bad it is right now. 2 hotfixes in, and I'm still getting progression stopping bugs in a majority of my Duviri Experience runs. If drifter intrinsics weren't saved from all the runs I was forced to quit because it was impossible to progress, I would've just given up on Duviri already. I am baffled how after all this time, DE is still releasing updates with massive swaths of prog-stop bugs.

• Like 3

Il y a 21 heures, [DE]Megan a dit :
  • Fixed completing any side objective in The Duviri Experience defeating a Dax enemy patrol forcing your main Story objective waypoints to disappear, leaving you unaware of where to progress. 

This bug is still here :(

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MA7TERBOY said:

I think that is impossible according to the lore of the game. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

to be fair, to hell with lore. according to lore, only the warframe or whatever should be able to come to us, no guns , archgun, or whatever. so really, gameplay prevail, and honestly, SHOULD prevail. 

the circuit on steel path is mega broken, 4 out of 5 attempts fail because of bugs (one player left behind when changing round, round not starting, etc.). You have to either fix this or make it so every round completed saves the progres like the sanctuary...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tsipp said:

I totally agree. The game is constantly increasing in breadth, but it almost never improves in depth. No integrity and now the copying of soul polish is incredibly low quality. The game urgently needs some kind of "Operation Health" update, where they will finally listen to the players, stop taking so much time from the players and put all the gameplay systems in order

The game definitely needs like a year of them just going back and making all the old stuff "modern" in a sense.  DE is never going to do that, though.

But if there's going to be more RNG rogue-like stuff, there needs to be a balance pass on everything.  Won't ever happen.  Old content definitely needs retuned to reflect the various changes and powercreep over the years.  Won't happen.  There's still PoE launch bugs in PoE missions.  Won't ever get fixed.  Host migration still doesn't work as it's supposed to very often, after 10 years of (maybe?) trying to fix it.

I'm sure that any sort of outside testing (for even only a week) would eliminate about 95% of launch day bugs (if DE acted on reports from testers), but that won't happen.  Duviri didn't launch any more buggy than PoE, Orb Vallis or Deimos.  DE just doesn't release quality updates.  Zariman was the least buggy bounty/open world update, and that's likely because the missions were much simpler.  Look at any complicated mission in the game, and it started off mostly non-functional due to bugs.  DE is lacking either an engine that likes multi-step missions, competent coders to code multi-step missions, or testing to catch the multitude of bugs in their multi-step missions.  Even Kahl missions were broken on launch.  On a preset tile, single player only, and non-random steps.  Is it any wonder that missions on proc-genned (to a degree) tiles, with randomly generated steps, hosted by random players around the world don't work?

• Like 3

В 27.04.2023 в 03:32, [DE]Megan сказал:

We love our Kaithes! But we are currently battling some Quest and Duviri Experience progression stopping issues related to Kaithe races. So we are temporarily removing it to review and fix the issues. The team is aiming to add it back before the weekend hits! Yeehaw. 

Weekend is about to hit...

• Like 1

On 2023-04-27 at 4:53 PM, Voltage said:

Is there a way the playerbase can have an open discussion (preferably through a written post instead of a Twitch stream) on The Duviri Paradox giving the impression (to older players atleast) that it is attempting to fleece newer players for either their time, resources, Platinum/money or all of the above in many areas? The "Teshin's Cave Offerings" and "Duviri Paradox" market additions attract unsuspecting players into buying equipment that is way easier to just earn through the original Warframe game in many instances (starter planet Warframes, very basic weapons like Aklato, etc.). The randomized loadouts in the Circuit with "Default Mods" giving a misguided power scale for players who have yet to dive into Forma, modding, Mastery, damage/status system, etc. Overly expensive basic resources like Neural Sensors is another issue as pointed out on Reddit.

And after all of that, the update as a whole misleads players into what the other 10 years worth of content is even about from both a mechanical and practical gameplay perspective.

Waw, 

This man is DEAD accurate. 

I don't know if this man is an expert in Chromodynamics and relativistic magnetohydrodynamics. (/a mild joke due to his accurate precision) He SPOTS them off the bat in seconds. 

Edited by Felsagger