Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Duviri Paradox: Hotfix 33.0.3

[DE]Megan

15 minutes ago, Dwanvea said:

What mirage nerf?

from update 33.0 

• Made the following changes to Mirage’s Sleight of Hand with the Explosive Legerdemain Augment Mod in order to solve major performance issues that would occur when rapidly casting Sleight of Hand with the Augment Mod equipped while Hall of Mirrors was active:
    • Explosion radius is no longer affected by Mods. It is now always 15m. 
    • Proximity mine triggers no longer replicate to Clients (this was a particularly brutal performance issue origin for Clients in squads where the Host was casting Sleight of Hands with Hall of Mirrors often). 
    • Proximity mines now have a 20 second lifespan unless it is attracting an enemy, in which case it is paused. Only one mine can attract a particular enemy at a time.
      • The lifespan previously used to be extended if an enemy entered its trigger range, but if they never reached the explosion (e.g. something else killed them first) the lifespan could be extended indefinitely, causing strain on performance when stacking mines with multiple Sleight of Hand casts. 
    • Optimized the proximity mines when cast in the dark. 
    • Optimized the proximity mine triggers when there are multiple placed with Hall of Mirrors. Now there will be one trigger per group of mines, since they are close enough to one another. The trigger will swap to a new mine if the latter is destroyed. 
    • Also fixed flickering on her shaders. 

7 minutes ago, XHADgaming said:

They changed the radius of explosive legerdemain because of performance issues. Which is one of the main augments used by Mirage, mainly in a nuking setup so it nerfed her in that aspect. I don't know by how much since apparently this augment was getting hit hard with the ammo changes that they had to buff it then.

I don't know how much either.  But my Mirage is solely set up to do ESO.  I happen to not need any more Focus for the Lens she has, so I have no need to go to ESO with her, but I did get her as an option in normal circuit once, and chose her.  She seemed to do fine (I did like 55% damage even though my weapons were all terrible) just spamming 2.  I think we went 4 rounds, but I don't know the level comparison of normal circuit vs ESO.  But since taking MIrage to ESO is not something I ever need to do again unless new "represent" items are added, I'll probably never try her in ESO again.

Still no fix for Melee With Fire Weapon Input on Drifter, full change to melee by holding F and on mouse click Drifter fired with weapon. This broke after the first hotfix and since then melee experience is bad and almost unplayable on Drifter. You want to do something and he does something else by it self. Seems to me that first release update was way more stable than those hotfixes 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JimmuTanno88 said:

I do find it kind of ironic that DE nerfs mirage's augment for "performance reasons", with the same update they made their enhanced engine -known for its horrid performance- the new standard for the game. 🙄

And eclipse's buff is dependent on whether you have the classic or enhanced engine equipped. So ironic in more ways than one!

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, AnimaFox said:

The Shrine is under the last place the 2nd ability guides you. If the quest to energize the shrine shows you no shrine on the waypoint, take your horse, fly around and under where you are... There is an entrance, a hole under the ground.

They're referring to the "Collect Shrine Pieces" shrine quest subtype, where enemies drop one piece each wave. The problem is, now they're often not dropping, I haven't been able to complete this quest since this hotfix.

• Like 3

Circuit Softlocks after Wave 2 now.

Bad enough it was broken on release, worse that after it was fixed, it’s now BROKEN AGAIN. 

I think it might be best to close it and give everyone a choice at two free incarnon rewards for the week, because this is getting ridiculous. 

Other option is ensure that code isn’t touched by anything else. I can see if any of the host migration fixes caused this to happen again, but this is beyond silly. 

Please fix The Circuit ASAP, or of by the time reset hits sunday, just give people the incarnon rewards the picked for this week for free. That seems like a better damage control alternative. 

SPECIFIC TRIGGER: Disconnect and reconnecting players

Edited by Halo
  • Like 2

can we please get the ability to use cycle power buttons with driffter melee and do so without having to find some buttons for previous and next camera targets, the thumbstick already serves that function

I'd really like to be able to use powers without having to swap to sirroco each time it really disrupts the flow

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, ShogunGunshow said:

I'm assuming 'performance issues' was less the issue with Mirage and more the fact that it was one of those 'I can just sit in one spot and spam this ability forever and wipe the map' abilities.

Volt's ult is next 🤫

Mirage is probably the most potent out of all the nukers in regular starchart because it is just set and forget it. You don't need to set up the nuke beforehand or have to constantly use it to get kills. If you do want to just nuke to heart's content just put dispensary on your 4, equip equilibrium, go to town then voila no more enemies! Which is probably the performance problems originated from.

If you look back when they nerfed Gyre and it was claimed to be for performance problems as well.

Whelp I really hope this doesn't mean Volt and Saryn 4s are also getting subsequently "changed". Luckily, they have been around for ages so any changes related to performance problems would be suspicious whereas Mirage and Gyre which actually had reasons for their changes, (Mirage-Ammo changes, Gyre-recent release).

4 hours ago, DDiablO. said:

Quick shot still doesn't work as intended its impossible to use melee with fire input it just does quick shot instead of use the melee

while the UI clearly says for quick shot you need to hold right click and click the fire input (left click)

eBO3wSI.png

The right click part is only for the power strike, it just looks like it is for all of them. Quick shot is just left click when you have the melee out.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

• Fixed the end of mission screen showing that you gained Circuit Progress when you failed. 

• As mentioned in The Duviri Paradox patch notes, it is intended that you do not keep Circuit Progress if you fail or leave The Circuit - this was simply not being reflected correctly in the UI. 

So the exact opposite of every rougelite? Where the only thing you lose is the run but keep the overall account progress? Like item unlocks from Risk of Rain or the ships from FTL? Why make a rougelite if your not going to copy the only consistent pity mechanic within the genre? Especially when host migration issues and poor objective scaling will be limiting factors for the entirety of this game mods lifespan?

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Kaggelos said:

Please consider making steel path circuit randomization optional.

One of the biggest and strongest aspects of the game is freedom of choice and personal expression.

Respectfully I understand what you are trying to do, but let us have the choice to do so on our own.

Thank you.

idk, removing randomization goes against the whole point of duviri
best we can get is full loadout rerolls per mood, maybe 1-2 rerolls for the frames and weapons 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed a non-functional Evolutions screen after selecting Cavalero’s “Evolve Incarnon Weapons” option if you only have one eligible weapon and no other Incarnon Weapons (Incarnon Genesis weapons and the Felarx, Innodem, Laetum, Phenmor, and Praedos).

• Evolutions were able to be selected but the UI was not reflecting that - leading to players being unable to see that their Incarnon Genesis has been equipped. 

But, it dosen't work. I got kunai's incarnon form, but I can't find it in the incarnon evolution screen. Continued after the hotfix.

mk1 kunai -> not work

buy new mk1 kunai -> not work

nuy normal kunai -> perfectly NOT work

I'm very disappointed that I can't use kunai's incarnon form that I spent hours getting, and of course the DE won't compensate me. DEs need to be alert to why the number of users keeps plummeting.

• Like 2

While farming Enigma puzzles, I've come across this one at Castle Town, near the bridge, which is supposed to have a box in front of me that you push off, and then it's supposed to break and give you the enigma glyph stone. However in my instance, it didn't break upon hitting the ground or being shot, and on top of that rolled off the edge yonder where there is no fenceline, where it fell out of the world, but didn't respawn here. Obviously this makes it unable to be completed, Hoping this one can get a lil fix for future.

73pXV5H.png

Mirage nerf nooooo after years :(

Fix the performance drop, that i never see neither in my 11 years intel 3770k with 1070 equipped, in other manner please. Maybe in Duviri only, if the problems came from here, or reduce the graphical effects :)

Or let us use more meters. Maybe cutting scale it got from mods but not fixed at 15m.

Another suggestion can be to reduce the energy consumption of the power if it can do minor range with this storic augment. Using the augment the energy used by the power will be cut in half

Please ear us and do something to equilibrate this aspect

Edited by AdrenSnyder
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Certain items in Acrithis' store do not have dioramas

tbh i'd prefer fixing the ridiculous prices for resources. not that i'd buy them, not at all, but to prevent new players who chose to begin their experience in duviri paradox of getting scammed harder than in tradechat

• Like 4