Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Warframe Idea: Headless Horseman Frame.

Antroz0n

I'm suggesting this because of the new horse vehicle that we got from Duviri, because I think it's be a very cool idea. And since there are Warframes that use the K-Drive and Archwing vehicles as their abilities, I also thought it'd be nice for a sort of vehicle ability trio. I welcome all other thoughts/ideas.

• Like 2

Absolutely, yes. 

4 would probably be summoning the horse, but then like, he'd be *on foot* for most of his leveling and I'm not sure how I feel about that. Maybe make the horse uhhh 2 like Waverider. 

If 2 is Horse, make 4 something involving head or headless, maybe throwing void head at enemy to overcome their will and control them like Transference. 

Also there's a "fan concepts" subforum you can post uhhhh complete idea I guess, once you got it figured out

Bonus points if it's a miniature horse. Maneuvering a full sized horse in Corpus or Infested tilesets sounds plenty fun already, but a *miniature horse* would be hilarious, and potentially cute. Maybe not like Radahn on Leonard, but still something hilarious 

Edited by (XBOX)CaligulaTwily
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, (XBOX)CaligulaTwily said:

Absolutely, yes. 

4 would probably be summoning the horse, but then like, he'd be *on foot* for most of his leveling and I'm not sure how I feel about that. Maybe make the horse uhhh 2 like Waverider. 

If 2 is Horse, make 4 something involving head or headless, maybe throwing void head at enemy to overcome their will and control them like Transference. 

Also there's a "fan concepts" subforum you can post uhhhh complete idea I guess, once you got it figured out

Bonus points if it's a miniature horse. Maneuvering a full sized horse in Corpus or Infested tilesets sounds plenty fun already, but a *miniature horse* would be hilarious, and potentially cute. Maybe not like Radahn on Leonard, but still something hilarious 

...Wow.  I now want to see this. 

However, for bonus points - his 4 should summon a TinyHorse in places where a Kaithe cannot be summoned.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, rhoenix said:

...Wow.  I now want to see this. 

However, for bonus points - his 4 should summon a TinyHorse in places where a Kaithe cannot be summoned.

Actually, have the horse size scale with Power Effeciency. 100% is normal size horse. Increasing Effeciency decreases the horses size, smoller horses are more compact and require less hay. Going below 100 Effeciency makes the horse larger. 

• Like 3

Just now, (XBOX)CaligulaTwily said:

Actually, have the horse size scale with Power Effeciency. 100% is normal size horse. Increasing Effeciency decreases the horses size, smoller horses are more compact and require less hay. Going below 100 Effeciency makes the horse larger. 

You sir get full points for this.  Because you just know that literally everyone will immediately stack Efficiency and name the horse Leonard.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, rhoenix said:

Because you just know that literally everyone will immediately stack Efficiency and name the horse Leonard.

I wouldn't, but mostly because it'd be silly to name a Kaithe after my Kuva Nukor.

That being said, a Headless Horseman mount would be pretty neat.  Especially if it comes with an ability that makes him throw his head at enemies and it explodes.

• Like 1

I'm glad some of you seem to like my idea, so I'd like to expand upon it...

MY ABILITY IDEAS:

1. "Jack-O-Nade." Throw a pumpkin bomb that explodes into shrapnel, stunning enemies while dealing damage overtime.
  2. "Sinister Snarl." Let out a ear-screeching laugh that confuses enemies, making them strip for melee for a few seconds while also making enemies more vulnerable to damage. Enemies may also start to attack each other in panic and disorientation.
  3. "Cavalry Stampede." Raise your horse/kaithe from the dead and ride into the battlefield, the horse/kaithe will automatically melee enemies that are in close proximity while you use your secondary. (Abilities 1, 2, and 4 still able to be used while on horse/kaithe). (Original name was "Cavalry Charge").
  4. "Terracurser." Infect the ground beneath you, creating a following radius that slows and leeches health from enemies nearby. Enemies that perish within the radius become spectral minions that fight alongside you. (Original name was "Hollowed Ground" until I was reminded that Oberon has the same ability name).

I hope you like my ideas, and wonder what abilities you can come up with.

(Edits: Switched ability ideas 4 with 3, and changed the 2 from giving nearby teammates extra armor to current one).

:P

Edited by Antroz0n
Wanted to rename the 4th ability so it wasn't the same as Oberon's.
  • Like 1

I guess it could work.. personally I'm just hoping that when Naberus (halloween) rolls around, we can get some Horsemen of the Apocalypse themed skins for the Kaithe. I want to ride War from RDR undead nightmare lol.

War - a scarlet red Kaithe enveloped in flames

Famine - an unusually skinny, withered-looking kaithe

Pestilence - a Kaithe covered in seeping boils/pox with a toxic aura

Death - a pale Kaithe, with a gloomy Aura

maybe we could also get Kaithe skins themed on the spirals: Joy, Fear, Sorrow, Anger and Envy. at least kaithes aren't gonna be neglected in the cosmetics department, unlike Railjacks.. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

I guess it could work.. personally I'm just hoping that when Naberus (halloween) rolls around, we can get some Horsemen of the Apocalypse themed skins for the Kaithe. I want to ride War from RDR undead nightmare lol.

War - a scarlet red Kaithe enveloped in flames

Famine - an unusually skinny, withered-looking kaithe

Pestilence - a Kaithe covered in seeping boils/pox with a toxic aura

Death - a pale Kaithe, with a gloomy Aura

maybe we could also get Kaithe skins themed on the spirals: Joy, Fear, Sorrow, Anger and Envy. at least kaithes aren't gonna be neglected in the cosmetics department, unlike Railjacks.. 

That'd be cool too, it would be awesome to have thematic skins for the different emotions and those 4 things, and I think it'd fit too. But yeah, I really enjoy and wish Railjack had some more love. Literally ever since it came out I've been really hoping that there will be a Prime Railjack skin, but maybe if a Prime Kaithe skin comes out instead that'd be fine too.

I've had some more time to think about my idea, and really it doesn't even have to be a Headless horseman. The other concepts that would fit with the horse/kaithe vehicle type would be these: Angelic Pegasus rider, a male Mesa/or cowboy, a medieval jouster. Though I like my first idea a lot, these ones could also work too.

20 hours ago, Antroz0n said:

I'm glad some of you seem to like my idea, so I'd like to expand upon it...

MY ABILITY IDEAS:

1. "Jack-O-Nade." Throw a pumpkin bomb that explodes into shrapnel, stunning enemies while dealing damage overtime.
  2. "Sinister Snarl." Let out a ear-screeching laugh that confuses enemies, making them strip for melee for a few seconds while also making enemies more vulnerable to damage. Enemies may also start to attack each other in panic and disorientation.
  3. "Cavalry Stampede." Raise your horse/kaithe from the dead and ride into the battlefield, the horse/kaithe will automatically melee enemies that are in close proximity while you use your secondary. (Abilities 1, 2, and 4 still able to be used while on horse/kaithe). (Original name was "Cavalry Charge").
  4. "Hollowed Ground." Infect the ground beneath you, creating a following radius that slows and leeches health from enemies nearby. Enemies that perish within the radius become spectral minions that fight alongside you.

I hope you like my ideas, and wonder what abilities you can come up with.

(Edits: Switched ability ideas 4 with 3, and changed the 2 from giving nearby teammates extra armor to current one).

:P

Personally i would change the name of the fourth ability, as it sounds a bit to similar to oberons hallowed ground.

Also this warframe could be named Dullahan, and be the first warframe that has the letter D as the first letter of its name.

59 minutes ago, Antroz0n said:

I've had some more time to think about my idea, and really it doesn't even have to be a Headless horseman. The other concepts that would fit with the horse/kaithe vehicle type would be these: Angelic Pegasus rider, a male Mesa/or cowboy, a medieval jouster. Though I like my first idea a lot, these ones could also work too.

I have a outlaw/ronin-themed warframe which has Dual Gunblades as its exalted weapons.

2 hours ago, (PSN)stormfalcon2018 said:

I have a outlaw/ronin-themed warframe which has Dual Gunblades as its exalted weapons.

That seems awesome and badace, and it'd kill two birds with one stone by not only adding a new Warframe to have fun with, but also potentially add a new weapon type to an existing one that I personally feel/think really needs attention/love to.

2 hours ago, (PSN)stormfalcon2018 said:

Personally i would change the name of the fourth ability, as it sounds a bit to similar to oberons hallowed ground.

Also this warframe could be named Dullahan, and be the first warframe that has the letter D as the first letter of its name.

I knew that name seemed familiar somehow, and my suspicions were correct, thank you for that. I'm just not entirely sure what else to name it, though, as the name was meant to reference Sleepy Hollow.

14 hours ago, (PSN)stormfalcon2018 said:

Ok, I changed the name to what I believe is better and get's the point of the ability off much more. (Side note, I really like that name you gave, though I never realized that no Warframe starts with the letter "D" until now).

Edited by Antroz0n

4 hours ago, Antroz0n said:

Ok, I changed the name to what I believe is better and get's the point of the ability off much more. (Side note, I really like that name you gave, though I never realized that no Warframe starts with the letter "D" until now).

Terracurser seems odd, but is a good name.

Also there is no warframes that start with the letters J, Q, or U.

Just now, (PSN)stormfalcon2018 said:

Terracurser seems odd, but is a good name.

Also there is no warframes that start with the letters J, Q, or U.

The reason for the name is that he's "cursing" the "terrain." (I'm not very good at coming up with names for things, and I'm surprised I was able to think about any of the abilities and their functions). Also, that's very interesting, maybe if we had another Egypt-themed Warframe, he could be named "Jackal."

47 minutes ago, Antroz0n said:

The reason for the name is that he's "cursing" the "terrain." (I'm not very good at coming up with names for things, and I'm surprised I was able to think about any of the abilities and their functions). Also, that's very interesting, maybe if we had another Egypt-themed Warframe, he could be named "Jackal."

To be fair, You could have just named it 'Cursed Grounds' Or 'Cursed Terrain', but you do you.

I don't think were getting another egyptian themed warframe, but another warframe idea could be a void Angel warframe, based off of biblically accurate angels, have it be named Jerahmeel.

33 minutes ago, (PSN)stormfalcon2018 said:

To be fair, You could have just named it 'Cursed Grounds' Or 'Cursed Terrain', but you do you.

I don't think were getting another egyptian themed warframe, but another warframe idea could be a void Angel warframe, based off of biblically accurate angels, have it be named Jerahmeel.

I guess I could've done that, and even though I wanted to merge the two words together, I'm probably just overthinking it too much. I do like your "Cursed Terrain" name the most. I also don't think we are either, but it was just another idea I just came up with at the time, though a Warframe based off of or inspired by the Void Angels could be pretty cool, (and terrifying if based off biblically accurate Angels. I can already imagine the 4th ability turning into a winged monstrosity of eyeballs).

On 2023-05-02 at 9:20 PM, Antroz0n said:

I'm suggesting this because of the new horse vehicle that we got from Duviri, because I think it's be a very cool idea. And since there are Warframes that use the K-Drive and Archwing vehicles as their abilities, I also thought it'd be nice for a sort of vehicle ability trio. I welcome all other thoughts/ideas.

Considering Warframes are living beings, the frame wouldn’t be completely headless. It just wouldn’t make sense lore wise. 

However, I have been imagining somewhat creepier frames that do all sorts of things. Like what if the frame was a contortionist who changed while basically folded and such. And his head was leaning and twisted in such a position either in the back or in the front of his chest that gives off the appearance of someone headless but he is not. So either an image of his body where the back angle shows what appears to be eyes on a lump on his back or one with an upside down head in the front of his chest. 

Infested come all deformed and such so imagining a frame coming out similar isn’t too far out of reach. Like if the contortionist groveling in pain during the transformation into a Warframe and so his body basically did a “face freeze” where his head became sort of glued into his chest or back. I’ve seen people take crazy looking poses while in pain, imagine what a contortionist would look like with pain all over.

After becoming a Warframe, he became known as the frame who cannot be broken. Warframes are already capable of great recovery but his extra jointed body makes it that much harder for enemies to crush him. Maybe he rode some kind of horse and was the quickest to dive head… well… chest first into battle as a result. Ballas even goes as far as calling him more grotesque than even the infested.

Many who get close to him begin to tremble in fear and disgust. So his passive has a chance to cause enemies to hesitate on attacking him. And he takes less impact damage. 

Part of his ability kit is basically inflicting the greatest headshot damage as his deformed body causes him to harbor deep hatred for the heads of others. The more headshot he gets, the more he gathers until he creates a sort of replacement head of his own in an attempt to look “normal”. As a result he will sometimes hurl explosive skulls back at the enemies. 

I would suggest a few more abilities but at that point we would be getting too far into the realm of Horror. But basically I picture him having a berserker like form where we get to see his contortionist skills in a very creepy way. 

I’m sure you get the idea. But that’s just my opinion.

On 2023-05-02 at 10:20 PM, Antroz0n said:

Ok passive is headstealer-getting headshot kills provides you with some sort of stacking buff

1-Lance charge-Is as sounds, charge forward with a lance dealing puncture damage and pinning enemies on the lance temporarily, if mounted, charge is faster, deals more damage and can keep going the more enemies you hit

2-Mount Summon-Extra HP pool, bonus ms, mabye cc immunity

That's all I've got thank you for coming to my ted talk.

On 2023-05-17 at 1:31 PM, NuclearCoffeePot said:

Ok passive is headstealer-getting headshot kills provides you with some sort of stacking buff

1-Lance charge-Is as sounds, charge forward with a lance dealing puncture damage and pinning enemies on the lance temporarily, if mounted, charge is faster, deals more damage and can keep going the more enemies you hit

2-Mount Summon-Extra HP pool, bonus ms, mabye cc immunity

That's all I've got thank you for coming to my ted talk.

Pretty cool ideas, though I still personally think the mount ability should be 3. Regardless, it's certainly better than what I came up with, (which were made up on the spot using duct tape and Elmer's glue).

• 3 weeks later...

I love the idea but I'd go in a very different direction with the abilities. 

Passive: Exalted Sentinel, the frame's undying severed head flies about and will passively unleash a low-rent flamethrower or sonic attack. 

Ability 1: keep the pumpkin bomb idea, but it's actually whatever helmet/object it will have in place of its head, while on cooldown you suffer an aim debuff and gain damage reduction. 

Ability 2: Summon Steed, a ghostly kaithe (possibly flightless, maybe depending on whether it's open world, or maybe its flight is slower and more controlled) that can phase through objects with its dodge animation, provides HP, has a damage Aura (heat? Void?)

Ability 3 (Dismounted): Headhunt, provides massive boost to melee headshot damage, the first thing you kill after activation becomes the target of the floating head, which latches onto its body and makes it fight for you with increased speed and precision. 

Ability 3 (Mounted): Trample, on the ground kaithe rears back and begins to deal constant impact damage with its forehooves as it slowly walks forward, frame can continue secondary fire during this animation; if airborne kaithe performs a slam like the one from Duviri.

Ability 4: Infernal Lantern, the frame's head is summoned to its hand, and through it channels a wide cone of void energy that glares from the frame's severed head. It would aim like Mesa's peacemakers with the Waltz mod installed. If the head is dead (returns on a semi lengthy cooldown) this would summon it instantly back from the void, maybe it would even get a ribbon effect like overshields based on how long you channeled the Ability or something. 

• 2 months later...