The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Duviri Paradox: Hotfix 33.0.5

[DE]Megan

15 hours ago, EDM774 said:

excuse you?

image0.jpg

did you check if you don't already have an extractor deployed there and you just forgot to collect it?

Definitely didn't forget to collect one. Deployed one from the game last night, collected it from the app this morning and still couldn't redeploy one from the app. I've Uninstalled and reinstalled the app twice and Zariman still isn't showing. If it's showing for you then that is really weird. I've finished the quest and ran Circuit and Duviri experience in both standard and steel path. I haven't run anything in Lone Story so maybe I have to complete some of it all to be able to use extractors again. 🤷‍♂️

I'm still having to play solo because when I join a squad I'm either transported to Zariman or host migration occurs even though I have low ping! Both in Duviri and in Archon missions there is host migration practically all the time

5 hours ago, Amolistic. said:

e considere como o jogo pode ficar sujeito a bugs após a migração do host... é melhor apenas solo por enquanto, se você tiver uma internet ruim...

even with low ping we still have host migration, probably the problem is caused by something in the game itself and not by a "poor" connection

16 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

With the above change, we have been able to fix Thrax Legatus enemies in the Undercroft falling through the map and being inaccessible (causing major progression breaks in Story and Circuit stags). This was caused by Magus Lockdown being used while the Thrax Legatus was using their incorporeal clone ability. 

I get it DE;RP, you had a very tough choice to make when deciding how to tackle the problem of "enemy falling trough the map, and not returning" - Make enemies teleport back in the level when they hit the Teleport volume just like players do, or modify how an Arcane works. You surely made the right reasonable choice there that directly solves the problem and future potential variations of "enemy fell off map, unable to progress", yep.

On the topic of Thrax units, could the 3 clones.... idk... work as they should? They are supposed to be destructible by AMP damage right? So how come lvl 250+ Thrax unit doing that in SP Conjunction Survival/SP Cascade Has their 3 clones popped by the same Amp, that does absolutely nothing to the clones of lvl 150 SP Thrax units performing the exact same stunt? Might be a Client issue or something.

Oh also their clones sure love to stick around for the entire round sometimes, and it is not only visual, they still do damage and proc Magnetic , but take no damage. Gosh Jolly sure hope that no one experienced a persistent Invulnerable clone constantly zapping the defense objective. Happens a lot when there is a Oberon in the Squad, possibly related to Radiation procs.

Also, random enemies still perform some Bleach Shinigami techniques, like walking 2 stories in the air ( "Heavy" Dax unit btw ), however my personal favorite is:

- That Dax spear dood, that sits at the other end of the map, behind 4 buildings and solid ground, face against a corner in the wall, casting his "puddle of BS" ability with pinpoint accuracy on top of players and often, defense objectives.

I get it, "Enemies have better accuracy at higher levels", but you see, you have to SEE something to AIM at IT. It is not Accuracy at this point, this is pure Wall Hack + Accuracy.  But ofc that would be fine, if the enemy Engage distance was reasonable, however...... it is not. Apparently it also scales with enemy level??? Correct me if I'm wrong.

So the enemy can - Engage you from beyond your enemy radar, does not need line of sight, does not respect geometry and even solid Map ground, has Aim bot, while as a player you can - Hope you might get Zenith to dispatch said enemy, or otherwise you or someone else has to leave the objective to deal with it. That does not sound "hard" to me, it is pure BS. No amount of situational awareness, gear, Decrees and Skill do you any favors in that situation, since you cannot prevent it (just hope it does not happen), and once it happens you have 2 options only - Leave the objective to kill the dood, or let him sear the objective until you fail the round. At lower levels (600-800 SP) its okay-ish, however beyond that, if you leave the def target, it is dead, you fail.

Lastly, i find it peculiar how enemies spawn in the Undercroft, sometimes they spawn in your face, sometimes behind your back, sometimes directly inside of the defense objective or Excavator (looking at you Thrax unit from last night who was given birth by the Excavator to pole dance on it, I did need to see that), all while some enemies spawn at the other end of the map, for no reason (no one has been there for solid 2-3 minutes). So DE;RP, if you could please address Enemy Wall Hacks, Unlimited Enemy Engage distance and Wacky Spawn locations simultaneously, that would be pretty neat.

P.S. Enemies still cast abilities AFTER they have died, I wish I could do that.

new lows today, after a week of fabulous fixes today you have finally RESTORED the bug in the defenses, at the end of the mission there is no transition to the new stage ... what can i say congratulations eheh today you just don't play circuit, thanks for giving us every day new bugs and ways to lose drops and time rly ty

37 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

wtf is the point of silphsea nerf lmfao

The grind is still bearable even if you didn't abuse this mechanic. If anything it shows how balanced Duviri and collecting mechanics are since they aren't having to nerf any other loot cave methods (so far at least) and this one is a really light touch up.

Acrithis's offerings on the other hand could use some touch ups.

• Fixed only 2 of the 3 required fragments dropping for the “Assemble the Shrine” side objective if the Client initiates it while the Host is very far away - causing a halt in Spiral stage progress. 

• Edit: We were close to a fix, but there are still instances where Shrine pieces are not being dropped if the Client and Host are far from one another when the Shrine is started. While we work on a fix, we suggest sticking close to one another when starting the Shrine to circumvent this stage halt potentially.

5 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Edit: We were close to a fix, but there are still instances where Shrine pieces are not being dropped if the Client and Host are far from one another when the Shrine is started. While we work on a fix, we suggest sticking close to one another when starting the Shrine to circumvent this stage halt potentially.

Thanks for the heads up Megan, helps a lot to know what causes the bug. Crossing fingers for a fix soon 🤞

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Fixed only 2 of the 3 required fragments dropping for the “Assemble the Shrine” side objective if the Client initiates it while the Host is very far away - causing a halt in Spiral stage progress. 

• Edit: We were close to a fix, but there are still instances where Shrine pieces are not being dropped if the Client and Host are far from one another when the Shrine is started. While we work on a fix, we suggest sticking close to one another when starting the Shrine to circumvent this stage halt potentially.

Not sure if that's the issue, but the wording for that fix really bugged me out, as with a full squad, the objective is collecting 4 shrine pieces in total, but the fix specifically states "of the 3 required". However, in my experience, when soloing the shrine assembly side-quest, it used to only drop 2 fragments, whereas after the fix it drops 3. Could it be a simple issue of miscommunication in the team as to the required number of shrine pieces? As a side note, while playing today, I could solo the shrine perfectly fine once only me and the host were left, as I only needed 3 pieces to complete that side-quest.

So you nerfed Magus Lockdown because you couldn't fix it?

Protip: Hiding bugs rather than fixing them is the path to the dark side and heavy technical debt.

Also, the janky shrine "fix" didn't resolve the problems? Curious how the fix was tested and was released, even more in its original obviously broken state. This update is a bit of a shock for my console brethren. They're used to getting content drops after some months of beta testing from PC players. Pour one out for the console crowd who are now drinking directly from the bugginess fire-hose.

The sad thing is that this (stunningly beautiful) content island will probably not be in a working state until long after people stop caring due to farming all they need and returning to Warframe proper. By the time you have enough Drifter Duviri buffs unlocked, you'll be out of Duviri. This always confuses me about Warframe vs MMOs I used to play; unlocking all the abilities was the start of the "real" game, not the end. Warframe feels like it makes you walk the racetrack and then gives you a racing car you can't use properly elsewhere as a reward for winning the race, sometimes.

5 hours ago, Do_High_Go said:

On the topic of Thrax units, could the 3 clones.... idk... work as they should? They are supposed to be destructible by AMP damage right? So how come lvl 250+ Thrax unit doing that in SP Conjunction Survival/SP Cascade Has their 3 clones popped by the same Amp, that does absolutely nothing to the clones of lvl 150 SP Thrax units performing the exact same stunt? Might be a Client issue or something.

Just to clarify on this point in particular; they are definitely destructible in SP Circuit as host and it's not even a struggle to pop them. I generally attempt to break Thrax overguard before they get within the range needed to cast their ability though, that way they can either be nuked or CCd as needed - same for both Centurions and Legatus.

I haven't yet come across invulnerable clones, though I definitely encountered the "falling off the map" issue a couple times before this hotfix.

They are correcting things, the update is only just a week old at this point and it's likely the interplay of game elements between Duviri and Origin that's causing a lot of the issues.

5 hours ago, Thicondrius said:

new lows today, after a week of fabulous fixes today you have finally RESTORED the bug in the defenses, at the end of the mission there is no transition to the new stage ... what can i say congratulations eheh today you just don't play circuit, thanks for giving us every day new bugs and ways to lose drops and time rly ty

It almost sounds like you're implying they did this on purpose. Bugfixing is never a straightforward affair and that becomes a larger issue when looking at the spread of players and their hardware, let alone other factors. It's still playable, I can guarantee that much from my further tiers being completed.

Host swaps are still breaking stuff. In an hour long circuit, a host swap not only caused the game to push us back a mission (we had just completed excavation, next up was exterminate, it pushed us back into excavation after the host swap.) After the host swap, meeting the 300/300 cryotic requirements yielded no success as the game did nothing/did not advance upon meeting the requirements for mission completion. We were forced to abort the mission and lost an hour of progress over something that you claim was already fixed.

1 hour ago, SplitzyPrime said:

Host swaps are still breaking stuff. In an hour long circuit, a host swap not only caused the game to push us back a mission (we had just completed excavation, next up was exterminate, it pushed us back into excavation after the host swap.) After the host swap, meeting the 300/300 cryotic requirements yielded no success as the game did nothing/did not advance upon meeting the requirements for mission completion. We were forced to abort the mission and lost an hour of progress over something that you claim was already fixed.

Yup and whatever patch we just had...did nothing to fix this, just had the host migration do exactly what happened here, only had just completed defense, was about to move to extermination, host leaves, dumped back at the start of the defense mission we'd just done with the defense object not spawning.

On 2023-05-03 at 3:47 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Host Migration six times

You guys realize Host Migration is an issue outside of Duviri, right?  Like pretty much everywhere that isn't the basic star chart.  Zariman is especially bad, but also Railjack and ESO still doesn't save the state to move to the new host (lose your timed Focus buff while the loading happens).

Overall it's actually worse than when I started in mid 2020, which seems to, at least for me, have started when cross play started.  Specifically that's when host migration started just booting me to my orbiter instead of, you know, putting me in the mission with a new host (even just by myself so I could finish whatever I was doing).

2 hours ago, iPathos said:

Just to clarify on this point in particular; they are definitely destructible in SP Circuit as host and it's not even a struggle to pop them. I generally attempt to break Thrax overguard before they get within the range needed to cast their ability though, that way they can either be nuked or CCd as needed - same for both Centurions and Legatus.

I haven't yet come across invulnerable clones, though I definitely encountered the "falling off the map" issue a couple times before this hotfix.

They are correcting things, the update is only just a week old at this point and it's likely the interplay of game elements between Duviri and Origin that's causing a lot of the issues.

It almost sounds like you're implying they did this on purpose. Bugfixing is never a straightforward affair and that becomes a larger issue when looking at the spread of players and their hardware, let alone other factors. It's still playable, I can guarantee that much from my further tiers being completed.

yes I know very well how it works, I'm angry because there are important things for gameplay that they could fix like the mellee attack that they don't do, add the frustration of hours thrown away because it fails host migrations and a bad rng and you have disgruntled players like me ... I know they work hard on it and I still appreciate it

On 2023-05-03 at 12:47 PM, [DE]Megan said:
  • Magus Lockdown now respects all enemies with ability immunity protections.

• We don’t take this change lightly [...]

• With the above change, we have been able to fix Thrax Legatus enemies in the Undercroft falling through the map and being inaccessible (causing major progression breaks in Story and Circuit stags). This was caused by Magus Lockdown being used while the Thrax Legatus was using their incorporeal clone ability. 

Well good news, you can undo this because the issue still occurs. I just had it happen to me again, now after the latest hotfix!

On 2023-05-03 at 9:56 PM, [DE]Megan said:

We're looking into this. It's a weird one, but we're on the case. 

I don't know if you are aware of this, but it seems that the booser specifically doesn't apply to warframes. Changing to Drifter in the Undercroft before picking up the Rune Marrow will apply the booster.

This seems to be related to the bug where resource boosters gained in relic missions don't apply to your operator, only to warframes; it's just that in this case, the roles are reversed.

Archived