The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Cannot make progress on Bronco Prime Incarnon's 4th evolution mission

Derkie-

I have been trying to do the Bronco Prime Incarnon's 4th evolution mission, kill 10 enemies within 8 minutes, and have not been able to get one instance of it working. I don't know if I need to do it specifically with the weapon, but the mission does not specify if it is with the weapon. I have loaded into sanctuary onslaught missions and killed 18 enemies within the span of a few seconds with one burst of equinox's 4 and it did not count towards the mission.

I believe it's kill 10 enemies in 8 sec (6x) with the Bronco itself, as that's how I did it on Selkie, Sedna.

Just grab a frame with Ensnare, build up the Incarnon Form, and gather up a group of 10 enemies and blow them away 6 times. Finished it in about 8 minutes-ish.

Edited by PhiZero

• 6 months later...

This challenge sucks . . . or maybe it's just the weapon that sucks. Spent more than 6 minutes on Selkie, just trying to charge up with headshots. Then I couldn't get enough grineer to group up without them starting to die. Finally, I put a weak weapon on my companion (only 86 total damage) and reduced the damage of Venari. The bronco is basically a handheld shotgun. It seems like headshots only count if you're close enough so that no pellets hit anything except the head. If even one pellet hits the shoulder, it doesn't count as a headshot. With this setup I was finally able to score 1 of the necessary 6 for the challenge, but it took me 10 minutes. So, if I do this for another hour, I'll be able to shelve this weak weapon and never use it again.

• 1 month later...

The reload and low incarnon mag on this weapon literally doesn't allow you to do this without stupid levels of solo engineered stupidity. Let;s not even talk about how you need HEADSHOTS to charge the incarnon ON A SHOTGUN with low accuracy so even with max multishot just charging it fully can take dozens of enemies. Go into a high spawn mission for an hour and MAYBE you can get this to go off enough times under totally fake conditions to count. It's utterly impossible to do in all but the most contrived laboratory perfect conditions.

Edited by Void2258

2 hours ago, Void2258 said:

It's utterly impossible to do in all but the most contrived laboratory perfect conditions.

I just did this yesterday.  If it helps, my strategy was just a gas build in Incarnon mode against SP infested, and I got it done in the first couple of minutes of a Survival.   More than half of that was probably charging the thing up, which does suck.  I could have done it faster if I'd thought to use Scourge, but I thought that was still very easy. 

If SP infested are too sturdy, I suspect regular spawns are still high enough to get this done in a few minutes.  Charging will take longer though.

To make it even easier, I'd recommend a grouping ability, aggro minion, or a source of radiation status to get enemies to clump up.

On 2023-11-21 at 4:30 PM, Lotus-123 said:

It seems like headshots only count if you're close enough so that no pellets hit anything except the head. If even one pellet hits the shoulder, it doesn't count as a headshot.

I know this is an old comment, but I don't find this to be true with either the Bronco or Strun.   In my testing it's more like, "As long as one pellet hits the head, I get credit for at least that."  My testing was against level 1 butchers with a complete overkill build, at varying distances and without ADS, so almost as far from ideal conditions as possible.  In 80 shots, at varying distances, I got 79 charges with the Bronco. 

A couple of explanations come to mind for what you saw.  1.  Bronco takes 40 charges, so 1 charge is really hard to see.  2. Its spread is awful, so at medium distances with low multishot, I think it's possible to just miss the head completely.  I think that's probably what happened with my missing 80th charge.

Similar story with Strun, but it's got much tighter spread, and is much more forgiving in general.