The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why don't circuit incarnon count for laetum evolution v challenge

(PSN)MalKenDov

What the title says. I was recently salty because I wanted to unlock the fifth evolution for laetum and in my mind it was better to grind sp circuit for my boltor and dagger. Finally managed to finished it today only to try and complete the evolution only to see that it didn't count.

Probably because DE didn't think about that beforehand.  There've been a decent amount of bug reports, so  I bet it's on their list of things to fix.  Although my guess is the fix will be to add "Zariman" to the challenge description to make it clear what weapons qualify.

4 minutes ago, -Krism- said:

That's because the Simulacrum is exempt from making any form of progress toward the game

But the forma still gets expended and used, right?  I've never forma'd there.  I think I've gone to the Simulacrum all of two or three times in my life.  Either way, I'm thinking it's more likely that DE couldn't figure out how to actually fix that particular challenge in that particular setting without breaking something else.

Jerry Seinfeld Reaction GIF

Just now, sunderthefirmament said:

...a la Nightwave's forma challenge and the Simulacrum.  Classic DE.

Frankly I feel they could reasonably maintain that Zariman should be its own content path.

Of course, they could also reasonably maintain that loosening up the challenge restrictions is intuitive,  and not a big deal in terms of progression since the Zariman weapons are enticing to get anyway.

6 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

But the forma still gets expended and used, right? 

It does, same with catalysts and reactors.  Although I think Krism might not have been talking about that kind of progress.

1 hour ago, sunderthefirmament said:

But the forma still gets expended and used, right?  I've never forma'd there.  I think I've gone to the Simulacrum all of two or three times in my life.  Either way, I'm thinking it's more likely that DE couldn't figure out how to actually fix that particular challenge in that particular setting without breaking something else.

1 hour ago, Tiltskillet said:

Frankly I feel they could reasonably maintain that Zariman should be its own content path.

Of course, they could also reasonably maintain that loosening up the challenge restrictions is intuitive,  and not a big deal in terms of progression since the Zariman weapons are enticing to get anyway.

It does, same with catalysts and reactors.  Although I think Krism might not have been talking about that kind of progress.

As Skillet said, I wasn't talking about physical goods (as physical as a bunch of codes in a video game can be)

Nightwaves are challenges, & if you could complete half of them by just spawning enemies in the Simulacrum & set the AI to 0, there wouldn't be any challenges anymore

3 minutes ago, -Krism- said:

As Skillet said, I wasn't talking about physical goods (as physical as a bunch of codes in a video game can be)

Nightwaves are challenges, & if you could complete half of them by just spawning enemies in the Simulacrum & set the AI to 0, there wouldn't be any challenges anymore

I don't disagree.  But instead of DE fixing this issue, they just changed the wording of the NW challenge.  I don't think challenges focusing on killing enemies should be able to be completed in the Simulacrum.  However, I don't think there's any reason (on paper) that a challenge as simple as applying a forma shouldn't count there.  Consistency, I guess?  Whatever, not a big deal.  I was just commenting on how sometimes DE's "solution" to a problem is merely changing the wording, as opposed to making meaningful changes.

12 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Consistency, I guess?

Exactly, you'll just have a bunch of people complaining over everything anyway

"I can do this challenge in the Simulacrum but not this one? DE YoU NevEr LisTeN tO us!!11!?1" You know, this kind of complaining

13 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

I don't disagree.  But instead of DE fixing this issue, they just changed the wording of the NW challenge.  I don't think challenges focusing on killing enemies should be able to be completed in the Simulacrum.  However, I don't think there's any reason (on paper) that a challenge as simple as applying a forma shouldn't count there.  Consistency, I guess?  Whatever, not a big deal.  I was just commenting on how sometimes DE's "solution" to a problem is merely changing the wording, as opposed to making meaningful changes.

Beyond consistency there is one other thing to consider that DE has admitted causes other issues:
Their spaghetti code.

It may not be easy to just go "These challenges work in the simulacrum, these ones don't...." and may take a decent amount of investment in order to implement that.  On the other hand a blanket ban of "This type of mission allows challenge completion and this type of mission doesn't allow challenge completion" could be much easier to do.

And then you have to look at how much of an impact this error has and how many people really care.
Because if not enough people care and it's a complex issue that doesn't really impact much of anything then it's simply never going to be prioritized to work on over other things when you could just change the wording and have it be done.

15 hours ago, (PSN)MalKenDov said:

What the title says. I was recently salty because I wanted to unlock the fifth evolution for laetum and in my mind it was better to grind sp circuit for my boltor and dagger. Finally managed to finished it today only to try and complete the evolution only to see that it didn't count.

Some of the newest incarnon weapon releases have talent trees that don't work at all upon release. This has happened multiple times. How much respect do you think the devs that allow bugs like that in their newest content, have for their players? How much pride do they have for their work when they couldn't be bothered to check and/or fix obvious bugs like these?

It seems you've simply encountered another bug DE didn't bother checking for, or perhaps they knew about it, but ignored it anyway.

Archived