Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Temporary Hotfix Pause

[DE]Juice

Considering that  many of the gravest issues are still holding up to this hour, I honestly expect more than small impactless fixes.

Cant even recommend Warframe to anyone now, anyone who gets in now will get right away because of Duviri's state.

To be fair Digital Extremes should put more effort on bug testing before releases, this isnt Skyrim which we can mod and fix all the bugs and issues.

Take this with a grain of salt, I dont know what is going on inside DE, but having those issues persist after so much time building an expasion and weeks after the release impact heavily on the product they are trying to sell, and thus affect negatively income. Myself Ive bought all PA since Ive returned to the game, but I have been disappointed as of lately, really hope for the better, but hope... hope is volatile.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, XHADgaming said:

Here is to hoping it finally fixes waypoints disappearing when (dis)mounting vehicles! Don't know why it would require a cert update since it seems like it is just an asset issue that can be put into a simple hotfix but cert updates usually have a larger batch of bug fixes so hoping this is one of them.

And yeah you should have known about this one for a while. It isn't exclusive to Kaithe since K-drive has the same exact bug. Just hoping that it gets beyond the gathering stage and actually gets fixed.

This issue was fixed two weeks ago in The Duviri Paradox: Hotfix 33.0.5

• Like 1

Will this include a fix for not being able to sell the Syam weapon? I can see the Syam equipped in my arsenal, it shows up in the popup box when I hover over my glyph too, but when I go into my inventory, the Syam literally isn't there.

20230516095636_1.jpg

Edited by Frcdstcr

15 minutes ago, [DE]Saske said:

This issue was fixed two weeks ago in The Duviri Paradox: Hotfix 33.0.5

Can we get a list of known issues that require a cert update?  There's this one from a few weeks ago, but it doesn't seem to have some issues listed.  For instance, the Overguard self-slow problem.  @[DE]Juice

On 2023-04-28 at 2:39 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Known Issues: 

Issues that were listed at the bottom of The Duviri Paradox Patchnotes - the following is an updated version of that list. Any remaining issues will continue to be reviewed for potential fixes in a future hotfix. Anything marked as CODE requires a cert update (meaning it will come in a future update). 

• (FIXED) The Circuit Progress lost upon failing a Circuit mission is currently not reflected in the UI.

• (FIXED) Becoming stuck in perma-ragdoll after getting hit with an Orowyrm projectile while mounting the Kaithe.

• (FIXED) The following Host Migration issues: 

• Fixed crash during the first stage of the Orowyrm fight after Host migration. 

• Fixed script error during Orowyrm fight after Host migration.

• Fixes towards multiple Host Migration issues resulting in returning to the wrong mission in The Circuit (example: mid-Exterminate would turn into Survival after migration). 

• Fixed script error in the Ghost Mirror Enigmas - this was likely caused by Host Migration. 

• Fixed getting stuck in the first phase of the Orowyrm fight after Host migration occurs right before player steers it into the portal - causing all in the squad to be stuck in the Duviri Landscape unable to continue the fight. 

• (FIXED) Kuva/Tenet weapons do not display their rolled stat bonuses when viewing builds in  Teshin’s Cave.

• (CODE) Players who use the hold to aim option and interrupt their melee swings by aiming will be stuck aiming until tapping aim again.

• (CODE) Players who own the Kuva Hek or Vaykor Hek may still get the normal Hek in Teshin's Cave offerings when it should be offering its more powerful variants. 

• Clients may become invulnerable and have several UI issues after entering the Undercroft in Duviri. 

• Fixed the last completed stage of The Circuit restarting for Clients after Host decided to extract. 

• Spiral objectives not progressing after completing certain requirements. 

• Rune Marrow is not affected by Resource Boosters.

• Clients sometimes see other players' Drifters without bodies after loading.

• Certain Resources do not list their Drop Location in their on-hover description in the Foundry.

• Lighting issues for Fish when Maw Feeding in multiplayer sessions. 

• Warframe Configuration screen in Teshin’s Cave does not display equipped Archon Shards. This is a UI only issue - Equipped Archon Shards do apply their upgrades to Warframes in Cave. 

• Toggling Crouch prevents Kaithes from Sprinting.

• Certain items in Acrithis' store do not have dioramas.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, (PSN)TEAINSHENNON said:

Lmao 🤣 game braking issues right and left still but let's hult fixs

You can't build a house with a broken foundation. A cert build is meant to fix this foundation so that you can then continue with the frame, walls and roof.

There's only so much you can fix, and work around, in the scripts. At some point you need to go back and fix the core code.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Nathilion said:

You can't build a house with a broken foundation. A cert build is meant to fix this foundation so that you can then continue with the frame, walls and roof.

There's only so much you can fix, and work around, in the scripts. At some point you need to go back and fix the core code.

Lol the builder put in the broken foundations to begin with by not testing it .. and DE arent really known for "fixing" they just seem to have a very large bag of cheap bandaids...

• Like 5

Thank you very much for announcing the pause. Enjoy the holiday weekend too. I got the weekend off, so I'll be playing some warframe. I need to make some mandachord songs for my new warframe main. 🥴👍

Edited by Redfeather75

3 hours ago, [DE]Momaw said:

Essentially, Warframe and many other modern games have both "code"  (what you can think of as the game engine) to power most of their underlying features, and then various scripting languages and assets to actually round out the game. When a change only updates scripts and assets, we can do a Hotfix.  But when we make changes to the code, it has to go through a Certification process by each platform owner to make sure that it doesn't crash the machine, or violate any rules like not interfering with the system menus and that sort of thing.

Hope that clears it up!

Ah, I see! Thank you for the answer! 😄

9 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

Thanks for the heads up :)

If you Block+Melee and change to other weapon type the aim function will keep being pressed for weapons until using Aim again. Especially noticeable on controllers.

It's not just the block+melee bug. It's the bug where you cannot use the fire input (aka the same key/button you use to shoot guns) as the default melee key. For mouse users, that's using the Left Mouse Click for melee (like it used to be pre-Melee 3.0). Right now, when you use that input, it does a quick Sirocco shot.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, [DE]Juice said:

Greetings, Drifter!

Thank you, Drifter!

I came looking to see if there was important information that ought to be heeded. Instead I found 'waiting for build to pass cert process' and... something else. That looks rather bigger than a patch pause.

'Drifter'? Is that how it is now?

On a lighter note, don't bury that other stuff (devstream, anniversary, tennocon, dojo contest, etc) here where it is so very off-topic.
When you make a PSA, keep it on topic.
The other stuff deserves notes of their own, elsewhere.

To that end, I might remind you that many of us who use the forum, do not use any other part of the website, including the "news" page (click on 'NEWS' at the top of this page and you will understand). We'd very much like to have a news section in the forum, because apparently a lot does not make it as far as the 'announcements' section.
Simple accurate, concise on-topic posts in locked (commentless) threads.
Yeah, because we don't follow 15 related twitter accounts, if we are on twitter at all.

This psa could and should have been 1 or 2 line post: "hotfixes are on hold, waiting on cert process across platforms. Bugfixing are still ongoing. Estimated to resume some time next week."

Edited by Morteno
forum broke, double posted content.
  • Like 2

@[DE]Juice Any chance you guys can give your support staff the ability to add lost Circuit Progress? I lost 1,210 progress from a host migrate bug last Sunday and support says they can't do anything about it. They can view an account's Circuit Progress but they have no means to change it. Worse, it doesn't sound like you even allow them to fix these issues manually. They could just give me the one item that lost Circuit Progress would have earned me, but after a week and a half of back-and-forth it sounds like they're unable (or  unwilling) to do that.

• Like 2