Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Getting Aggravated by K-Drive

dendroaspis84

Question

K-Drive or whatever is that, I have zero interest in that, but somewhere devs decided to make it as a mandatory quest and I'm really struggling with it and stuck. I can't do it and apparently I can't do other quests unless I do this stupid quest "The WaveRider". I don't know what to do. I hate this riding thing and all those tricks, I'm not good at that. I'm stuck at page 2 already, where I need to earn 2400 points in k-drive race. Should I completely abandon this game because I can't advance furthermore or just abandon this stupid quest?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TurjanMi.ir said:

Now do the junction. The pic you posted doesn't show that you have actually done it yet. You just fulfilled all the necessary steps to be able to try it.

Regarding the Waverider quest, I have no input, as it's unnecessary and I have never done it.

I did that Neptune Junction and nothing changed. Still same.

This "Backside Skyrocker x 5" task is super hard and frustrating. Been trying to do it for hours! And did only 3 by accident. And enemies trying to shoot you while trying to do this painful quest gives more frustration. I noticed that devs of this game have tendency to punish players with those super hard, frustrating tasks and I don't know why. What did we do, devs? Why are you punishing us? And it's not me complaining about it. Just check the comments on youtube... Just few of them, if you're lazy to check the link:

• "this quest is the definition of pain and misery"
  • "this is so far the worst quest i ever done in my entire life"
  • "It is IMPOSSIBLE for me to do that challenge ... I HATE this adventure sh*t."

I give up. I don't have nerves and patience for this crap. Devs, shame on you, punishing us with such tasks... I'm gonna play something else. I'm frustrated.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TurjanMi.ir said:

Fortunately, this quest isn't necessary for anything except for Yareli. And Yareli is more or less only interesting for people who love K-drives.

Okay, I will ignore this quest. It's not worth my nerves. I'll contact support about quests.

What I'm supposed to have in Inbox?

Okay, I just submitted ticket to support. Hopefully they will help me.

Edited by dendroaspis84
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, dendroaspis84 said:

Okay, can you tell where to get better K-drive?

Actually I did where I was stuck and now I'm on 3rd page, but now I'm stuck at "50 point Backside Skyrocker x 5". Will see if I can do it... So far I'm failing...

From the ventkids themselves. From the wiki:
Custom-built K-Drives may be obtained by assembling individual parts traded from Standing; with each Ventkids Ranking causing more parts to become available. Alternatively, players can spend Platinum to purchase a randomly assembled K-Drive through the Ventkids' Daily Specials.

For the mods, if you don’t have standing, you can get them from Warframe.market

Edited by m_a_r_c_h_
  • Like 1

On 2023-05-20 at 3:52 PM, dendroaspis84 said:

Okay, I just submitted ticket to support. Hopefully they will help me.

Did this work out?

Anyway, just for S#&$s and giggles, I started that Waverider quest. You got further than I did. The descriptions are simply bad. The keys you get told are just half of the stuff you have to do, and I guess they assume you figure out the exact circumstances yourself. Yeah, but no.

• Like 2

On 2023-05-23 at 4:49 PM, TurjanMi.ir said:

Did this work out?

Anyway, just for S#&$s and giggles, I started that Waverider quest. You got further than I did. The descriptions are simply bad. The keys you get told are just half of the stuff you have to do, and I guess they assume you figure out the exact circumstances yourself. Yeah, but no.

Yes, they replied to me few days ago with instructions how to get other quests work, but sadly I didn't have time to play this game this week, which started super busy at work. As soon as I get free time, I'll check their instructions and see if they work (hope so). Will update this thread later, how it goes.

Yeah, now you see what pain I had to go through with that quest lol 😁. Alot of people are hating that quest, it's not just us.

Edited by dendroaspis84
  • Like 1

On 2023-05-23 at 4:49 PM, TurjanMi.ir said:

Did this work out?

Warframe support told me this that day: "As for unlocking quests, you can start with the Apostasy Prologue. First craft the Personal Quarters Segment Blueprint that is in your Foundry. Once it's crafted, interact with the glowing orb in the Personal Quarters of your Orbiter."

Yesterday, I finally had a small free time to check and play Warframe and I checked foundry and I saw that "Personal Quarters Segment Blueprint" there, but sadly couldn't make it, because it needs Argon crystal and I didn't have it, so I couldn't make it to see if that's the problem why I'm not seeing other quests. If I have free time today evening, I'll check how to get this Argon crystal and where.

I'm playing another game which is my primary and number one priority game and devs threw 2 events at a time few days ago, which are very time consuming and that's another reason why I'm slacking behind in Warframe :|

• Like 1

Good for you. I completely forgot about that segment. You get an empty room that's mostly used for dumping your decorations.

For Argon crystals, just do a mission in the Void, like Capture or Exterminate. You're not guaranteed to find one, but I usually get one or several at least on every second mission. You can't store them for more than the day you get them plus one, so don't waste time on getting more than you need.

I still haven't managed to get past one of the tricks on page 2 of Waverider. I'm definitely missing something. I think I technically fulfilled the requirement when trying this from a high building, but that didn't count for some reason. I'm only still on this because I found some of those races quite fun. Regarding the tricks, I probably lack the coordination.

Edited by TurjanMi.ir
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TurjanMi.ir said:

Good for you. I completely forgot about that segment. You get an empty room that's mostly used for dumping your decorations.

For Argon crystals, just do a mission in the Void, like Capture or Exterminate. You're not guaranteed to find one, but I usually get one or several at least on every second mission. You can't store them for more than the day you get them plus one, so don't waste time on getting more than you need.

I still haven't managed to get past one of the tricks on page 2 of Waverider. I'm definitely missing something. I think I technically fulfilled the requirement when trying this from a high building, but that didn't count for some reason. I'm only still on this because I found some of those races quite fun. Regarding the tricks, I probably lack the coordination.

Thanks for tip for Argon crystal. I'll try void now. I usually like defense or survival. Just one question: Argon crystal can be dropped on any location in void?

I plan to leave this WaveRider quest for last. It seems harder than others. Which trick are you stuck at?

• Like 1

Argon crystals can drop from some enemies, can come from containers or have their own crystal formation (they look a bit like sea urchins). All of these occasions are rare.  I would choose a mission that lets you run around on the whole tileset. I got two today from an Invasion mission on Jupiter (the one for the Orokin Reactor blueprint), but that's super rare and not really a reasonable drop chance.

I'm stuck on the "50 point Frontside Clutch x 5". If I do them normally, which I have difficulties with, I hardly ever get above the low 20s. From a high building, I get above 50, but it doesn't seem to count for the quest.

Edit: At level 3 with the Ventkids I got a mod that made this trivial *sigh* ....

Edited by TurjanMi.ir

On 2023-05-20 at 6:46 AM, dendroaspis84 said:

Let me show you how it looks in game for me:

tnfwBW4.jpg

btw. What you are seeing here is started but not finished quests. I've started Waverider & Duviri. I have Duviri active. As fair I remember you can deactivate them in the codex. This is helpful for quest that show some kind of reminders like Waverider.

Well, after I got past that roadblock, I was able to finish the quest quite easily. Most of the tricks are movement sensitive, which means you need some minimum speed in order for them to function. The one that got me stumped needed to be performed during a grind for some reason. Anyway, the main help was this mod here:

zlTznB4.jpg

That made most of the tasks fulfill themselves while doing other tasks. I chose it as level up reward (level 3).

I'm building Yareli now. Who would have thought.

Edited by TurjanMi.ir

vor einer Stunde schrieb TurjanMi.ir:

Well, after I got past that roadblock, I was able to finish the quest quite easily. Most of the tricks are movement sensitive, which means you need some minimum speed in order for them to function. The one that got me stumped needed to be performed during a grind for some reason. Anyway, the main help was this mod here:

zlTznB4.jpg

That made most of the tasks fulfill themselves while doing other tasks. I chose it as level up reward (level 3).

I'm building Yareli now. Who would have thought.

Yeah actually having your own K-Drive to mod is a BIG help for the quest. noticed it as well back in the day. Glad Op figured out how to progress and will hopefully enjoy the game.

I feel ya on the K-drive parts though. I was as crazy to not only do the quest but also building and leveling ALL the K-drives plus maxing out Vent Kids syndicate XD

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AstrayRed84 said:

Yeah actually having your own K-Drive to mod is a BIG help for the quest. noticed it as well back in the day. Glad Op figured out how to progress and will hopefully enjoy the game.

Unfortunately I'm not the OP, just someone who also had no interest in that quest and had difficulties with it. However, I found out that I had at least fun with the races, which is why I gave it another shot. Buying a custom drive (the daily offering from Boon) was something I didn't do lightly. It cost less than the current market price of a Gara Prime set, came with a vehicle slot (which I didn't have any left), a reactor (which I had run out of) and already one forma (more mod space from the get go), and that's why I made the jump. I'm sure I wouldn't have been able to do this without mods/a custom board, and that leaves a bit of a bad aftertaste. However, using the custom K-drive is definitely more fun for me.

But yeah, i see myself maxing out Ventkids standing by doing racing whenever I feel like it (I needed a break from Duviri), which is not only quick and painless, but even fun for me. I guess I will at least be able to get the Compressa blueprints when I'm done., Anyway, that quest can really be done late in the game, so no hurry.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TurjanMi.ir said:

Argon crystals can drop from some enemies, can come from containers or have their own crystal formation (they look a bit like sea urchins). All of these occasions are rare.  I would choose a mission that lets you run around on the whole tileset. I got two today from an Invasion mission on Jupiter (the one for the Orokin Reactor blueprint), but that's super rare and not really a reasonable drop chance.

I'm stuck on the "50 point Frontside Clutch x 5". If I do them normally, which I have difficulties with, I hardly ever get above the low 20s. From a high building, I get above 50, but it doesn't seem to count for the quest.

Edit: At level 3 with the Ventkids I got a mod that made this trivial *sigh* ....

Yesterday, I went to void in a survival mode for Argon crystals. I got paired with two random people, they were Nekros Primes and seems like they were farming for Argon crystals too. It was hard to understand them a bit because they were Russians, but I understood they needed Argon crystal too. We farmed really very well. They asked me to stay in one spot together and we got 11 Argon crystals.

So, I'm making this personal semgent now, but I need new weapons and new warframes to level up further my mastery rank and I noticed that majority of them need Argon crystal (which seems not hard to get), and Nitain extract which seems very hard to get after checking on Wiki. So, how do you get it guys? Doing Nightwave offerings? Or is there any better/easier location? I have so many things to do it Warframe to catch up, that Nightwave tasks aren't my priority right now.

I went to Duviri (I really want to explore this world, so far it's my favorite location), did the task, but when I decided to leave, game still tells me "Mission Failed" and displays no rewards or loot that I did. Is it a visual bug, or I really didn't get anything? Also, why mission fail? I did tasks game asked me.

Edited by dendroaspis84
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dendroaspis84 said:

They asked me to stay in one spot together and we got 11 Argon crystals.

Nekros is a farming frame, so you got lucky. You got also lucky to meet people who know how to maximize drops (95% either don't know or don't care). Let's see how many of those 11 Argon you can use before the rest decays. But yeah, it isn't difficult to get Argon crystals, it's just a regular time investment.

... majority of them need Argon crystal (which seems not hard to get), and Nitain extract which seems very hard to get after checking on Wiki. So, how do you get it guys? Doing Nightwave offerings? Or is there any better/easier location?

Nightwave is by far the easiest method (15 credits for 5 Nitain). The drops fall into the category "technically there, practically not". Many of the Nightwave tasks can be done on the side or will fulfill automatically just by playing the game.

Also, one more question about Decrees... When I enter in Duviri and when I get decrees to choose, do they stay forever or they disappear when we leave Duviri?

They disappear every time you leave Duviri. You start from scratch every time you start this roguelite mode. Your drifter will collect intrinsics though, some of which will make things easier.

If you just want to look around in Duviri and do random tasks until you have enough, choose "The Duviri Experience". That's the mode for farming things, doing puzzles, etc. I often did that till I exhausted all decrees. The exit screen will either show "Mission failed" or "Mission complete" and be empty, but your collected stuff should be there up to the last decree you earned (everything after that will be lost). The Lone Story (from memory) expects you to just do a linear quest to the Orowyrm fight, so don't use that for doing stuff on your own, unless you know you just want Pathos Clamps.

Edited by TurjanMi.ir

44 minutes ago, TurjanMi.ir said:

Nekros is a farming frame, so you got lucky. You got also lucky to meet people who know how to maximize drops (95% either don't know or don't care). Let's see how many of those 11 Argon you can use before the rest decays. But yeah, it isn't difficult to get Argon crystals, it's just a regular time investment.

Nightwave is by far the easiest method (15 credits for 5 Nitain). The drops fall into the category "technically there, practically not". Many of the Nightwave tasks can be done on the side or will fulfill automatically just by playing the game.

They disappear every time you leave Duviri. You start from scratch every time you start this roguelite mode. Your drifter will collect intrinsics though, some of which will make things easier.

If you just want to look around in Duviri and do random tasks until you have enough, choose "The Duviri Experience". That's the mode for farming things, doing puzzles, etc. I often did that till I exhausted all decrees. The exit screen will either show "Mission failed" or "Mission complete" and be empty, but your collected stuff should be there up to the last decree you earned (everything after that will be lost). The Lone Story (from memory) expects you to just do a linear quest to the Orowyrm fight, so don't use that for doing stuff on your own, unless you know you just want Pathos Clamps.

I definitely need Pathos Clamps and want to buy some things from Dormizone lady, forgot her name. So, I need to do a "Lone Story" to get those clamps? My goal right now is to work for Intrincts, I want to unlock all of them, so what do you suggest to play? Middle button in Duviri (free experience or whateever it's called) or Orowyrm fights? That Owl in Dormizone lady's wares, seems very interesting for me. I want to get it too. Oh, so many things to do in this game... :D

Nitain extracts, don't decay right?

57 minutes ago, dendroaspis84 said:

I definitely need Pathos Clamps and want to buy some things from Dormizone lady, forgot her name. So, I need to do a "Lone Story" to get those clamps? My goal right now is to work for Intrincts, I want to unlock all of them, so what do you suggest to play? Middle button in Duviri (free experience or whateever it's called) or Orowyrm fights? That Owl in Dormizone lady's wares, seems very interesting for me. I want to get it too. Oh, so many things to do in this game... :D

Nitain extracts, don't decay right?

I haven't really farmed Pathos Clamps yet, although I maxed out all of my drifter intrinsics. You get to the Orowyrm fight in both modes, Duviri Experience and Lone Story. The former is the one to use to farm for intrinsics. In a group goes faster, but if everyone wants to do something different (intrinsics means lots of side tasks, Pathos Clamps means the Orowyrm fight), you may end up with nothing at all in the end, because the mission fails. If you don't have a dedicated group, do intrinsics farming alone in the Duviri experience. At least in the Lone Story, you know that everyone is going after Pathos Clamps.

Nitain extract stays with you forever, yes. As you start with 150 Nightwave credits (or was it the first reward? I forgot), you have enough to buy what you need, and maybe one of the better aura mods, whenever they come around.

Edited by TurjanMi.ir
  • Like 1

Am 20.5.2023 um 11:16 schrieb dendroaspis84:

I just checked that I already have completed Neptune junction, but I still can't do Second Dream or any quest. All I see is this WaveRider quest or whatever is that...

xD1AI2Z.jpg

You have not. You have unlocked the Junction by completing the related challenges, but you still need to complete the Junction mission itself (you know, one of those little bossfight missions where you defeat an enemy Warframe specter in order to activate a big old space laser?). See how there's a greyed-out checkmark next to "REWARDS"? That means you have not yet completed the Junction yet and therefore have not yet gained access to the Second Dream.

Edited by Darthplagueis13

On 2023-05-20 at 11:43 AM, MaxTunnerX said:

No problem. we can meet in game if you get stuck again.

Hi,

guys, I'm trying to do Duviri sometimes, as I understand I need to complete 6 stages in order to do it successfully, right and kill the dragon boss. First time I got lucky with random people and we did it successfully, but yesterday me and my wife tried to do Duviri again (I'm trying to unlock Intrisincs) and those 2 random people seem noobs or something, they weren't doing the missions, I had to connect those rotating things and I couldn't do it alone, so I'm wondering if there's anyone who plays Duviri and can go with us sometimes and help. Any of you guys willing to do that? If so, add me in game with the same nickname.

By the way, about the main topic... Warframe support was actually helpful, when they told me to do this:

"As for unlocking quests, you can start with the Apostasy Prologue. First craft the Personal Quarters Segment Blueprint that is in your Foundry. Once it's crafted, interact with the glowing orb in the Personal Quarters of your Orbiter."

Once, I did this then new quest started and other quests started appearing, so I guess we can mark this problem as solved. I still didn't do this Waverider quest yet. I wil leave this one for the last.

Thanks again everyone for help. Very helpful and friendly people here. :)

Edited by dendroaspis84
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dendroaspis84 said:

Hi,

guys, I'm trying to do Duviri sometimes, as I understand I need to complete 6 stages in order to do it successfully, right and kill the dragon boss. First time I got lucky with random people and we did it successfully, but yesterday me and my wife tried to do Duviri again (I'm trying to unlock Intrisincs) and those 2 random people seem noobs or something, they weren't doing the missions, I had to connect those rotating things and I couldn't do it alone, so I'm wondering if there's anyone who plays Duviri and can go with us sometimes and help. Any of you guys willing to do that? If so, add me in game with the same nickname.

I was talking about the K-drive quest before. Theres no way in hell im touching the dumpster fire of Duviri. Sorry, not even for you.

Edited by MaxTunnerX