Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Getting Aggravated by K-Drive

dendroaspis84

Question

K-Drive or whatever is that, I have zero interest in that, but somewhere devs decided to make it as a mandatory quest and I'm really struggling with it and stuck. I can't do it and apparently I can't do other quests unless I do this stupid quest "The WaveRider". I don't know what to do. I hate this riding thing and all those tricks, I'm not good at that. I'm stuck at page 2 already, where I need to earn 2400 points in k-drive race. Should I completely abandon this game because I can't advance furthermore or just abandon this stupid quest?

• Like 2

On 2023-06-01 at 11:19 PM, dendroaspis84 said:

I'm wondering if there's anyone who plays Duviri and can go with us sometimes and help.

Try forming a group in recruiting that is specifically going to complete through the orowyrm without doing an excessive amount of extra chests, farming plants, or looking for every owl puzzle each time. Surely you should be able to find people that want to run that with just any extra stuff that already happens to be along the way.

If you mean the windmill power lines for "connect the spinning things", you can shoot them from very far away. They're really forgiving for hitting them with your gun. As long as there's not ground or trees in the way, you can get them done while pretty much standing under or near the windmill. But if you do have to move around but to things in the way, don't forget to use your mount if you aren't pretending to be The Flash with the one decree. Put the horse in sprint mode or even be gliding in the air and get in position to shoot the deals.

• Like 1

On 2023-06-02 at 6:19 AM, dendroaspis84 said:

I'm trying to do Duviri sometimes, as I understand I need to complete 6 stages in order to do it successfully, right and kill the dragon boss. First time I got lucky with random people and we did it successfully, but yesterday me and my wife tried to do Duviri again (I'm trying to unlock Intrisincs) and those 2 random people seem noobs or something, they weren't doing the missions, I had to connect those rotating things and I couldn't do it alone, so I'm wondering if there's anyone who plays Duviri and can go with us sometimes and help. Any of you guys willing to do that? If so, add me in game with the same nickname.

Great to hear you can continue the main quest now.

As for Duviri, not doing the 6 missions was also my preferred way of maxing out intrinsics. I certainly didn't touch any of the Undercroft ones while doing that. I just did random missions until the decrees were exhausted.

Which rotating things do you have difficulties with, the dots or the windmills? Most of the windmills can just be done with the Sirocco from the point where the chest stands, only for some you have to move around a bit. I often can't see where the outermost rotor is, but I memorize where the indicator was, which is usually sufficient, as the hitbox seems to be rather generous. I try to find the positions of all others before I start.

I'm certainly not averse to helping, but I maxed out all intrinsics and got a bit burned out of Duviri and having to do the same stuff over and over again. I just did the New War quest and should probably clear the Zariman next before someone decides to add more nodes to the Star Chart as prerequisite to arbitrations.

Edit: I just noticed Hobie-wan's answer. Yes, the horse can help for the few instances where you have to move around because the starting connector is behind a wall or hill.

Edited by TurjanMi.ir

On 2023-06-01 at 10:19 PM, dendroaspis84 said:

those 2 random people seem noobs or something, they weren't doing the missions

They were most likely farming intrinsics. If you just want the pathos clamps play The Lone Story. It's basically the same thing as The Duviri Experience just without all the side objectives so if you hop into a public match in The Lone Story, whoever you end up getting matched with won't have the side-objectives to get distracted by. 

• Like 1

I'm right there with you! Actually... I did abandon this quest for about a month. I want it done and gone now.. I just did waverider two a few mins ago... I'm gonna try three now. What a pain in the ass. Not to mention I'm having wifi problems (I play on switch) so it keeps kicking me back to my orbiter... Like there's not enough back and forth already smh. 

Did you ever finish it? Best of luck! 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, (NSW)dogonfire2020 said:

I'm right there with you! Actually... I did abandon this quest for about a month. I want it done and gone now.. I just did waverider two a few mins ago... I'm gonna try three now. What a pain in the ass. Not to mention I'm having wifi problems (I play on switch) so it keeps kicking me back to my orbiter... Like there's not enough back and forth already smh. 

Did you ever finish it? Best of luck! 

No, I still didn't touch it. Finally I unlocked other quests, so I started doing them. Currently, I'm stuck on "The New War" quest and can't advance further, because it requires a Necramech, which I don't have and seems like it's very hard (time consuming) to get, so I'm working on that and sometimes working to unlock Intricincs for Railjack. I will leave this "Waverider" quest for the last, as it seems hardest than other ones.

2 hours ago, dendroaspis84 said:

Currently, I'm stuck on "The New War" quest and can't advance further, because it requires a Necramech, which I don't have and seems like it's very hard (time consuming) to get ,...

Depending on how lucky you are to get those Damaged Necramech parts, I'd just like to point out that those are tradable. If you and your friends are missing different parts, you can just exchange them.

21 minutes ago, TurjanMi.ir said:

Depending on how lucky you are to get those Damaged Necramech parts, I'd just like to point out that those are tradable. If you and your friends are missing different parts, you can just exchange them.

I didn't know about it. Thanks for info. But I need all other parts not only those damage parts, so it's still a lot of farming.

I think the idea was to get you used to the k-drive before they give you a warframe that's completely based on boarding. Not a bad idea really. If you don't like the k-drive you wouldn't like yareli anyway. If you enjoy the board enough to finish the frame quest you might really get into her.

They actually handled that warframe quest intelligently.

I used the pipes right behind Fortuna to grind and do tricks off of most of the time. but Orb Valis is full of railings and such to enjoy.

Edited by Aasha