Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If this game wants to be successful ...

Paesch1312

***Please note : This is based off my few days of playing. I do not know the plans or what is to come after they release it from bata phase. ***

First off I want to start off by saying the combat is Great! I love the fast pace action feel , rounded off with the agility of a ninja. The story is nothing we haven't seen played out before however it isn't bad by any means.

So I've been playing for a few days now, and I feel there are a few things that I feel could greatly improve the over all quality of the game and quite possibly keep it alive for years to come.

1) Implement a PVP section. I like the normal PVE but just to switch it up a bit. Maybe even PVP items.

2) I would like to see more versatile levels , not just the same level switched up a little bit. Maybe even some alien planet action. All im saying is id like something new and fresh , not just the same song different dance

3) **** This is major and will be the downfall of the game if they dont change it ( At least in my opinion). DONT nickel and dime people to death. I understand its a "free to play game" but dont charge me every time i want to do anything in the game. Its like offering people who are thirsty free water and charging them for a tiny glass , in which they can upgrade.

My point here is I understand the dev team need to make money but if you dont have a fair balance then it will never work and people will not keep playing.

***note: again ive only played a few days and all comments or suggestions are welcomed as long as your not being obscene about it .

***Please note : This is based off my few days of playing. I do not know the plans or what is to come after they release it from bata phase. ***

First off I want to start off by saying the combat is Great! I love the fast pace action feel , rounded off with the agility of a ninja. The story is nothing we haven't seen played out before however it isn't bad by any means.

So I've been playing for a few days now, and I feel there are a few things that I feel could greatly improve the over all quality of the game and quite possibly keep it alive for years to come.

1) Implement a PVP section. I like the normal PVE but just to switch it up a bit. Maybe even PVP items.

2) I would like to see more versatile levels , not just the same level switched up a little bit. Maybe even some alien planet action. All im saying is id like something new and fresh , not just the same song different dance

3) **** This is major and will be the downfall of the game if they dont change it ( At least in my opinion). DONT nickel and dime people to death. I understand its a "free to play game" but dont charge me every time i want to do anything in the game. Its like offering people who are thirsty free water and charging them for a tiny glass , in which they can upgrade.

My point here is I understand the dev team need to make money but if you dont have a fair balance then it will never work and people will not keep playing.

***note: again ive only played a few days and all comments or suggestions are welcomed as long as your not being obscene about it .

I agree with 2 and 3 but not 1 .A good pve game is always and always more succeful than a PvP game espcially in mmorpg .The problem in pvp (balance) and well let face it the community will ruin everything about the game if they don't build the pvp user-friendly.

Actually, we know that 1 is extremely low on the list and if, will come in the form of Borderlands duels, not as a fully fledged PvP mode. Warframe is no place for a PvP game. This issue is discussed North to South here, and the devs pointed out that they rather make one good game (PvE) than two mediocre ones. Don't hold your breath waiting for PvP. It's not the game for it. You wouldn't ask for PvP in Torchlight or Diablo. Entirely not the focus of Warframe.

2 is a given, and the devs will work on that. There are no worries necessary here. Yay! :)

3 is an iffy topic. I am sure, in the end there will be a consensus. Even without paying, you can already access a lot of the content. The stuff that is secluded through cash barriers is some power aspects - but the "going pro" mechanic is under critical review, as the rumor mill has it, and I am confident DE will find a way to change the current state for the better.

Yes PVE is always a more fun and immersive experienve I believe, as Warframe seems to be heading in the sort of "Lore" and "Dynamic story" sort of RPG i think including a PVP would shatter that feeling. To be honest, I play it as a time killer as lately, i've been getting incredibly tired and bored of the same levels. I keep hoping for an update everyday that was good as patch 5 but it seems the Devs are still slaving away (hopefully) at the nxt big update.

1. PvP isn't really a big deal for the game to be success. Look at ME3 multiplayer - after 10 months of nothing but PvE (no other modes), the game is pretty much alive. It's about the design and the 'feel' of the game. However, PvP is undoubtly going to be a good expansion for DE - bigger and faster growing player base means more income >>>> more contents. I'm not going to complain if PvP will be implemented.

I just don't like childish attitude that tagged along with PvP players.

2. The maps reminds me of the biggest bioware fail 'Dragon age 2' but the dev already know about it so it's fine.

3. Microtransanction should be 'optional', that is a formula of F2P games. Faster unlock and such should be the point of microtransanction - not locking some frames/weapons as platinum exclusive.

I'm not particularly concerned about seeing pvp in warframe but DE did say it was coming.

how soon and in what form is still to be seen.

I'll just let DESteve speak for this one. :)

I do think there might be a simple duel mode that works with the vibe of the game (I even thought Borderlands 2 was fun with this as a way of mixing it up for a few minutes) and there could be creative ways of keeping the supreme power and uniqueness of the abilities alive within it. A very short battle that hinges on very limited energy supply might be an interesting way to approach this.

Things change but right now our goals are: Making the best PvE ever with new locations, crazy enemies, and brutal weapons. Fostering a positive & cooperative community of players. Making one sick, awesome game, rather than two mediocre ones.