Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros Vs Khora?

__Kazizty__

Question

I'm lacking resources and I need a farm frame. Got khora and nekros prime but don't know which to go full in on. Searched for answers elsewhere but I'm still not completely sure. I've heard people state builds and strats for both but not actually how they compare and differ from one another enough to make one of them better. For example, does one of them actually just give more loot straight up? Any help is appreciated.

Edited by __Kazizty__

13 answers to this question

Khora (and Hydroid) relies on grabbing the enemies, but Nekros just has to be around them when they die. So it also means both combo pretty well together since they loot differently.

If you had to go with one, Khora's pretty good just for the CC alone, and Whipclaw can be pretty strong even without a stat stick

• Like 1

Nekros is more reliable than Khora with how easy he is to mod (you want 167% power strength, Equilibrium and the rest is up to you) and play, his 2 remove armor so you only need some decent weapons to kill the Overguarded enemies.

While Khora is really strong but needs some more specific builds, you also want a Stats stick melee to enhace her 1. But she should drop more ressources than Nekros as the bonus chance procs on kill, Nekros chance is after the kill and 1 at the time.

So it's up to you, either you want some easy and less restrictive farm with Nekros, or you get a slightly better farm but more restrictive play with Khora. Anyway if you want the best farm you should be in a group with the 2 Frames.

Definitely Nekros. With slash-based weapon. His Desecrate works for each body part separately, so you get 2x chances for Desecrate proc if you cut the enemy in half.

IIRC, Desecrate has 50% probability for loot, while Khora's 4th has 65%. Not that big difference considering 2x Desecrate on slashed bodies.

But Khora's strangledome is static while Nekros' Desecrate works just wherever you are. Also Khora is more energy dependent, since enemies are often hard to aim in the strangledome and spammimg her 1st to kill the enemies is impossible with no energy.

In addition, Nekros can abuse Despoil to make himself tankier with Health Conversion mod.

Edited by bl1te
addition

Khora first then Nekros for me, this is on the basis on how much I use them. I use Khora for easy survival + defense type mission like defense, excavation, arbit... disruption, etc while I use Nekros only for when I do semi afk lower tier survival runs (oh well, maybe its just preference)

If we are going the easiest to build and use, while also being the best in farming Hydroid hands down (only needs the aug to work - doesnt need str,dur,range or efficiency). Sadly he is not useful for anything outside AFK/stationery farming. 

I use him for Apothic Spectre farming paired with Chesa for mini Nekros: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Retrieve

Edited by Zakkhar

Nekros is the best if you use weapons with high slash damage and status chance. Reason for this is that, when you dismember enemies, their body parts counts as additional corpses, thus giving you more things to desecrate. It's also the simplest and easiest frame to run. Get the augment for shadows and desecrate, and just murder.

The problem with Khora, and subsequently Hydroid, is that they need live enemies to loot from.

19 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

Reason for this is that, when you dismember enemies, their body parts counts as additional corpses, thus giving you more things to desecrate.

People keep mentioning that part but forget to mention the fact thet Desecrate has internal CD and there is no way you can Desecrate all the parts.

After a 2-second delay on the first corpse within range, corpses are consumed one at a time in random order, with subsequent corpses consumed at a rate of 3 corpses per second.

Standard corpse despawn time is afair 10 seconds (half of that with Nova Molecular Prime active).

Ah, well it can depend a little. Like there are differences, in how their powers work, and loot in general, as far as which resource might you be going for, so on. Personally, I tend to value fun/enjoyment a lot, so I personally prefer Khora more, because I find her more fun, especially in higher level content. I like to put up two cages, at two choke points and run back and forth nuking them with my whip. However I would say Nekros may be the better looter in a lot of cases, and if you don't have fun whip clawing cages, then... Could also be better if you are in a team, that will kill enemies in ways you can't control or anticipate. 

Which do you have more fun with OP? Between the two, you'll like still get a lot of resources regardless. The Wikia pages have more indepth info and nuance about the abilities, but it probably won't be too massive a gap.

Don´t forget a Smeeta (or looter Carrier, if you run past many containers)....

I would suggest Khora for Defense/mobile Defense/Excavation/Interception ( 2 domes at the same time) and Nekros for everything else.

Am 26.5.2023 um 13:05 schrieb (PSN)slightconfuzzled:

if you don't have fun whip clawing cages, then...

use a Kuva Ogris with Nightwatch Napalm on the ground below enemies :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nuada_2 said:

use a Kuva Ogris with Nightwatch Napalm on the ground below enemies :)

Agreed. Thats a pretty good option, my main point was mostly about player freedom, and not being restricted by mechanics/limitations.

On certain maps, enemies in Strangledome can be harder to hit with some conventional weapons. Kuva Ogris isn't one of them, it can actually help out a lot, but now we are just adding more potential limitations to a players arsenal. They might have a different primary they prefer or needs to level or anything else like that. 

To put it another way, you get more farming done, if you don't burn out and get bored of the game, if you can enjoy the game with some of the more optimal farming set ups, thats convenient, but also okay to mix that up with what you enjoy. 

Cheers! 

1 hour ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

On certain maps, enemies in Strangledome can be harder to hit with some conventional weapons

Enemies are fine, you most likely:

1. Mode your range too much.

2. Position your dome wrong.

3. Do not not realise you only need to whip hit one enemy in order for them all to take damage.

18 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Enemies are fine, you most likely:

1. Mode your range too much.

2. Position your dome wrong.

3. Do not not realise you only need to whip hit one enemy in order for them all to take damage.

I'm not talking personally, I'm talking in regards to different players preferences and playstyles. 

Like have you ever played with a Khora, Vauban or Frost on certain defence maps, that trap enemies in awkward spots with their set ups? Your own set up not being tasked with addressing such issues for whatever reasons. You ask them questions, and find out they are just playing that way because people told them "its good for this" but they aren't really engaged or enjoying it, so don't really understand how to make the build work?