Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Duviri Paradox: Hotfix 33.0.11 + 12

[DE]Megan

1 minute ago, RufusTheCat said:

> Note: The guaranteed Status Chance still occurs! Since the expectation is that Damage with Status Effect is always applying it.

IMHO a huge readability regression. Personally I don't expect the toxin status to be guaranteed when the description is "Every third melee attack deals +X% toxin damage". I can only expect what has been written, so the additional dmg instance. And its already inconsistent with damage mods like +90% toxin damage. Why the expectation is valid for the former case, but not the latter? 

100% agreement.

This is a weird change and makes these decrees inconsistent with other sources of damage not having status procs associated.

Either make all of these sources worded consistently with the function, or return the proper description to these decrees. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Fixed being unable to chat link all Duviri resources (Rune Marrow, Pathos Clamps, Maw Feeding resources, etc.). 

• Fixed being unable to purchase multiples of the same Decoration available from Acrithis’ Wares and Grandmother’s Oddities. 

Finally!

Changed the descriptions of the following Decrees to highlight the differences between their mechanics and improve readability (shorten): 

• Venomous Touch: 

• Old: “Every third melee attack deals X% Toxin Damage with guaranteed Status Chance.”

• New: “Every third melee attack deals X% Toxin Damage.” 

• Note: The guaranteed Status Chance still occurs! 

•  Critical Frost: 

• Old: “Critical Hits deal X% Cold Damage with a guaranteed Status Effect.” 

• New: “Critical Hits deal an extra hit with X% Cold Damage.” 

If you need to add a note about how the guaranteed Status proc still occurs, then maybe removing that from the text isn't actually improving readability? Seems kind of important.

• Like 12

Is the Cinta alt fire meant to do pitiful amount of damage for locking you into an animation that will get you defeated? Also the incarnon genesis Atomos's progectile meant to be invisible, not to mention the first incarnon buff not working.
I want to enjoy these weapons but the "bugs" here make it hard. I still am having fun and I hope these issues are resolved soon.

• Like 4

Our original intentions were to always default to the Config with the highest capacity with the theory being that Config was the most effective.

That was definitely breaking with the expected standard. I think the majority of players have their most desired config in the first position because of how tedious loadouts and the arsenal are, and capacity is like... really unrelated... I wouldn't have left that mechanism in at all.

Duviri needs to do better to follow precedents of the rest of the game. Players have years of warframe intuition that Duviri goes back on...

When “Melee with Fire Weapon Input” is enabled in the settings, using the default Melee input will now trigger Drifter's Quick Shot while in Duviri. 

Wait, is that super clunky 1-shot swap an intentional mechanic? Why is swapping weapons instant but I can't keep firing my gun with MB1 from melee like the rest of the game? Every time I run into this I need to double tap my weapon swap button to make the gun usable again. I can't hold swap to equip the melee either!

Changed the descriptions of the following Decrees to highlight the differences between their mechanics and improve readability (shorten): 

• Venomous Touch: 

• Old: “Every third melee attack deals X% Toxin Damage with guaranteed Status Chance.”

•  Critical Frost: 

I like simpler descriptions, but I don't like that this is obscuring the guaranteed status effect. A not-insignificant number of mechanics are forever hidden to patch notes and wiki pages because of things like this. I think if it's too sophisticated to be written, then there needs to be general rules, simple indicators, or simpler mechanics. For all we know these might be multiplying total damage instead of adding their elemental factors together! It's 50/50 at this point with any new mechanic.

• Like 9

When “Melee with Fire Weapon Input” is enabled in the settings, using the default Melee input will now trigger Drifter's Quick Shot while in Duviri.

Finally, I can melee now! 🙂 Thanks.

BTW, y'all might want to check the Tennocon 2023 Syandana on (female only?) Drifter - it's like half-way through the Drifter's corpus right now for me, I think it needs some adjustments. 😛

sad that the prisma lenz got nerfed in one of these 2 patches

but i was honestly expecting it at some point

but DE didn't even have the balls to admit it

okay i will admit it was technically a bug fix but it was also a massive nerf to the weapon

• Like 1

Regarding the Nightwave:
You have done well in locking and hiding certain challenges to avoid spoilers (or for whatever reason else).
Please also do that with the possible rewards.

Spoiler

Rank 4 should not be visible, neither in Name, Preview or whatever.
The heck were you thinking? Sure, "NW isn't meant for new players anyway" but they will still look, because they need slots, potatos etc.
And since it is in your ship and navigation, of course one would click it.

Edited by Silescere
  • Like 2

If I roll the Penta, will I get the Carmine again. or will I get the Secura Penta as Void intended? Man, talk about a let down. Maybe being able to switch between owned variants?

Also, can someone at DE confirm or deny whether there'll be a Miter variant out before an Incarnon for it hits the drop table again?

• Like 2

The code fix will be in our upcoming Update (more info on this Friday's Devstream). We ran a Rune Marrow alert over the weekend in recognition that the Booster weekend would happen before we could fix it.

What about all the other Duviri resources? It's not just about Rune Marrow...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Changed the descriptions of the following Decrees to highlight the differences between their mechanics and improve readability (shorten): 

• Venomous Touch: 

•  Critical Frost: 

Is it possible to elaborate on the reasoning for this change? At a glance, the new wording seems to further obfuscate the effect of the Decree. How will players know that this Decree results in guaranteed status effects? There are many places in the game that list +X% (Elemental/IPS) Damage, and in none of those instances does that wording ever imply a guaranteed status effect.

The guaranteed status effect is a major part of the decree so what is the motivation to not disclose that to the player? Are shorter descriptions really more beneficial when they don't provide an accurate picture of what the decree/ability/feature/etc provide?

• Like 10

Please stop changing the engine to enhanced. It keeps crashing my RX 570 while loading missions.

No mention of the soma, it it getting any fixes like the missing 0 on the crit chance of the incarnon?

If not can we please get an option to re-pick our weapons please, I don't mind re grinding it from 0.

• Like 5

Any chance of an update on what's going on with the hold to aim getting stuck bug? That one is driving me nuts and I know it was on duviri's initial known issues. Is this one of those code bugs that needs to go through cert on consoles before we can expect a fix?

• Like 5

Still no mention about propa scaffold being bugged since duviri update dropped😢 Atleast any sign of acknowledgement please.
This post shows the problem

Edited by AsdarR
  • Like 1

PLEASE FIX COLLECT 4 RELICS MISSION IN DUVIRI IT ALMOST ALWAYS STOPS SPAWNING ENEMIES AFTER THE 3RD RELIC HAS BEEN DROPPED MAKING IT IMPOSSIBLE TO COMPLETE THE MISSION AND GET THE DECREE AND WASTING EVERYONES TIME. NOT TO MENTION BREAK THE MAIN QUEST ALL TOGETHER IF THE MAIN QUEST HAS THIS MISSION. 

ALSO FIX THE ISSUE WHERE THE UNDERCROFT PORTAL DOESN'T ACTIVATE TO START THE NEXT MISSION. ALSO A MAIN QUEST BREAKER. 

I'VE BEEN TRYING TO FARM PATHOS CLAMPS AND IT'S BEEN INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATING TO RUN INTO THESE BREAKS OVER AND OVER AGAIN.  

Thank you. 

Edited by xMilkychocolate
  • Like 2

Pretty awesome that the Emissary Armor's coming back for Nightwave...

Pretty upsetting that it has not been scaled or refitted for Drifter use...

Hoping one day it will. This was done to the Bishamo Armor and other parts AND accommodated for both the masculine and feminine versions being split also. 

Emissary also has that sort of functionality based off of your Operator's face, and I would love to see it both rescaled for drifters and given both options to use the masculine and feminine versions separately, because I don't see most people changing their faces too often and would rather use the other version of the armor. 

Not saying this should be done ASAP, but in the future, please consider such a thing. 

Please, oh please. 

Editor's Note: Please be wary of the amount of people that will attempt to use the Emissary armor for their Drifter's only to figure out that they will be uable to do so. 

Also note that they will also be upset that you cannot swap between the Masculine and Feminine versions of the Emissary armor without messing with their facial features. 

Again, hopefully sooner rather than later, and at one point in time, please and thank you. 

Edited by Halo
Clarification / Possible Usage Backlash
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fabled Gene-Masking Kit

Euleria Entrati commissioned this unique Kubrow DNA segment to manifest a creature from the storybook, Tales of Duviri.

While you're at it, can we finally get a regular MOA skin? Just the normal MOA-looking MOA.

Kubrows can look like wild Kubrows, and Drahks, and now Krubies.

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/warframe/images/f/f5/KubrowColourPackDrahk.pnghttps://static.wikia.nocookie.net/warframe/images/7/75/KubrowColourPackUnderbrush.png

Kavats can look like wild Kavats, and Hyekkas, and soon I'm sure Kexats.

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/warframe/images/2/28/KavatColourPackHyekka.png/https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/warframe/images/2/20/KavatColourPackMoonless.png/

Helminth Chargers can look like regular Chargers (and even wear armor!)

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/warframe/images/2/2a/HelminthChargerClassic.png

Sentinels can look like Grineer Carabus (Carabii?), VERD-IE, Loid, and Ordis.

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/warframe/images/d/d9/CarbuncleDethcubeSkin.pnghttps://static.wikia.nocookie.net/warframe/images/5/50/VerdIeSentinelSkin.pnghttps://static.wikia.nocookie.net/warframe/images/4/45/LoidSentinelSkin.pnghttps://static.wikia.nocookie.net/warframe/images/5/56/OrdisSentinelSkin.png/

MOA skin when?

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/warframe/images/f/f3/CCTeamCMoaAgent.png

It's an ancient request, too.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Fixes towards enemies not spawning in the Undercroft (Circuit and Duviri) after Host Migration - causing failure for missions like Survival and Excavation that require you kill enemies for Life Support Capsules. 

• More fixes to come for this as it has not been fixed 100% - there is also the related issue of the UI objective text disappearing as well that we are looking into. 

• Fixed further issues with resources and rewards collected in Duviri not saving after Host migration: 

• Fixed resources and rewards not saving after a new Host leaves Duviri after a previous Host migration. 

• Fixed Host migration causing the new Host to lose resources and rewards after earning a new Decree and extracting using the “Leave Duviri” option. 

• Fixed losing any resources gained since your last decree if a Host migration occurred while riding Kaithe.

Always a fan of more fixes to host migration issues. Thanks for the hard work on these continued updates.