Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revising Controller Layout

(PSN)jimmylv3

After Ten Years of Warframe Content, the controller has been a bit neglected to keeping up with all of these new features and changes being added in.

Solution is to rework the Controller Layout to be more efficient.

• A Set of Layout Schemes to fit Player Styles, beside Default
    • Warrior - God of War Controls
    • Marksman - Call of Duty Controls
    • Tenno - Skyrim Controls
    • Drifter - GTA Controls
    • Other Examples
    • Southpaw (Toggle Option)
  • Customize Controller
    • More Freedom and Flexibility
      • Cleaner Set Up
    • Hold Button Option
      • Light and Heavy Attacks
      • Secondary Fire (Certain Semi-Firing Weapons)
    • Auto Running and Parkour Option
    • Hold for Custom Weapon/Consumable Wheel Option
      • Tap to switch between ranged weapons
  • Like 1

abilities are especially problematic on a Controller

Since in order to do Tap/Hold, I can't simply press number buttons 1-4 at the top of a keyboard

instead I have to Hold Down one button to bring up an Ability Selection Pop-up Menu, then either Tap, or Hold Down a second button simultaneously.

Essentially in order to do a what is a simple Tap on PC, I have to Hold+Tap.

and what is a Hold on PC, I have to do a Double Hold.

Double the Inputs! with precise coordination required! Mid Combat!

Frames that require rapid swapping and coordination of Multi Abilities are a royal pain, vs the 'spam 4 to win' variety because of this.

Lavos's Elemental Combination system is virtually unusable for Controllers. -if DE had the ability to track how players actually utilize it I'm sure there would be a glaring discrepancy across Platforms.

This problem could be greatly helped, if we had More Freedom to Remap our controllers.

And Obvious fix, is to remove the Ability Selection menu and just assign abilities 1-4 Separately to the 4 directions of the D-Pad (and some players Do); however doing this comes at great sacrifice of controller real-estate. -you lose the room to Open Minimap, Set Waypoint, etc.

if the Touchpad could be assigned to those functions instead, then this loss of real estate would be mitigated; but as is today We Don't have the Freedom to Remap it to these general functions!

-Full Controller Remapping, without the bizarre assignment Limitations would greatly improve usability, and encourage Console Players to adopt less spammy ability playstyles.

32 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

And Obvious fix, is to remove the Ability Selection menu and just assign abilities 1-4 Separately to the 4 directions of the D-Pad (and some players Do); however doing this comes at great sacrifice of controller real-estate. -you lose the room to Open Minimap, Set Waypoint, etc.

It could be like you said and then hold R1 (RB or whatever for the other consoles) would be for the equipment wheel ,waypoint, etc. Definitely gotta be optional

Edited by (PSN)EntityPendragon