The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hyroid Fixed!

Ruison

This is an unpopular opinion for sure, but I'd like to make the case that Hydroid only needs two changes. 

Change Number One:

Invert his hold to cast functionality for Tempest Barrage. It is more beneficial for Hydroid to Decrease its target radius while Increasing its Strength. This gives the players better Agency in using Barrage specific Targets. Give a Percentage of strength based on how range is lost. So, a 10-meter radius down to a 5-meter radius would increase the power strength of the ability by 35%. It's not a big change and it's really for convenience. (Yes I know curren't charge casting increases damage by 200%) We'd also be able to reliably hit Undertow instead of missing 50% of the shots. Doesn't matter if it can hit enemies in Undertow if we can't hit a 4-meter radius puddle. Then if you allowed the Corrosive procs to last longer or be permanent in Undertow would allow him to fully strip enemies of Armor with Corrosive Barrage while in Undertow and just make his kit synergize better.

Change Number Two:

His passive I personally really want it to be called Plunder and get a 1.5x bonus to post Mission Credits. 2x for Hydroid Prime. Older Players would hate this passive but it would be greatly beneficial to Newer Players. All that being said Just give us a 100% chance to spawn the tentacle. We are already limited to 3 anyways and the Jugulus Set does it better with more Tentacles.

Wishful Change:

Allow Undertow and Tidal Surge to pass through Lazers and Undetected. This would just make him useful in more mission types. We already got frames that completely ignore lasers. What's wrong with allowing Undertow and Tidal Surge to pass through Lazers undetected? He is water and light/lazer passes through water. Enemies can still see you obviously.

Thats is it we are done I fixed him!

Archived