Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frame Abilities vs. Oroworm

(NSW)HydroidPrime

Question

So I had a thought that Mesa's peacemakers would be great against the Oroworm and its monions, but I have never had her in rotation to test it out. Are there any Warframe abilities/buffs that excel in the Oroworm showdown? Also any under rated weapon builds would be appreciated, I have been blowing the dust off of some of these relics.  

6 answers to this question

In my experience, Mesa Peacemakers do not work unfortunately. They do not lock on. 

Styanax's 4 however does work, I believe its because you can aim it. 

Generally in my experiences, abilities you can aim, should work, and those that don't, as in having some sort of targeting, do not know how to target the weak point. So if I had to guess, Ivara Navigator should/maybe, Ash Shuriken should/maybe. I can't say for certain for those, but I do for Styanax. 

Treat is the same way as Eidolon really. Same stuff that is useful there is useful here.

Buffs: Wisp, Chroma, Elemental Auguments (Saryn, Volt, Ember, Oberon, Frost), Eclipse with Total Eclipse, Harrow, Octavia

Edited by Zakkhar

Mesa's 4 won't lock-on to the worm's weak points, but they shred literally everything else. So she'll wipe out the thrax and the smaller worms (though you may find you'll have to bullet-jump/aim-glide to hit them). You'll still have to actually shoot the oro's weakpoints. 

I would say she'll excels quite nicely in the fight.

Titania is the number 1 pick if you want a fast Orowyrm fight, and either slap roar, eclipse, nourish or xata's whisper on her instead of lantern. It's brrrrr dead wyrm no matter if SP or normal. She can also ignore the horse phase of the SP version and hunt down the small wyrms in razorwing mode.

Other than that any frame with a good offensive buff, either naturally or through helminth works, but at that point you also need decent weapons. And oddly enough pellet weapons do not seem to work well at all. Somehow the wyrm damage reduction actually reduces pellet weapons severely. My Pyrana Prime for instance hits like a wet noodle while my Opticor Vandal, Vectis P and Rubico P 1HK the weakpoints.

7 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Titania is the number 1 pick if you want a fast Orowyrm fight, and either slap roar, eclipse, nourish or xata's whisper on her instead of lantern. It's brrrrr dead wyrm no matter if SP or normal. She can also ignore the horse phase of the SP version and hunt down the small wyrms in razorwing mode.

Other than that any frame with a good offensive buff, either naturally or through helminth works, but at that point you also need decent weapons. And oddly enough pellet weapons do not seem to work well at all. Somehow the wyrm damage reduction actually reduces pellet weapons severely. My Pyrana Prime for instance hits like a wet noodle while my Opticor Vandal, Vectis P and Rubico P 1HK the weakpoints.

That is interesting, my Pyrana Prime when I was lucky enopugh to get it, took out the shackles in a single hit.

The biggest issue with pellet weapons I think is that they do not have much range, so the falloff matters significantly. A detron was 100% useless against the wyrm.

6 minutes ago, CephalonCarnage said:

That is interesting, my Pyrana Prime when I was lucky enopugh to get it, took out the shackles in a single hit.

The biggest issue with pellet weapons I think is that they do not have much range, so the falloff matters significantly. A detron was 100% useless against the wyrm.

Yep my Detron (Mara) really made me want to poke my eyes out with a pencil. And regarding Pyrana Prime, I might have actually picked the wrong loadout that time since I think my multi damage PT stomper build is my config A. And I've only used it once in Duviri since there was nothing else available that time that could even touch the wyrm, since it was all low ranged beam weapons. Gonna keep my eyes on it better next time if I get Pyrana. Felarx normal form also did piss poor damage when I had that, with the same build I use to insta kill Archons.