Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No Brain Path

(PSN)KyomaSatomi

Question

Steel Path Circuit and the Incarnon Adapters it gives have made me more interested in trying SP. I mean, I had interest before but even more now.

Yet, I barely have anything usable for it. The only frames that I think are kinda close to bein SP-worthy are my Valkyr and Wukong - two of my favorite frames.

I've seen people come up with builds that make those missions look like a cakewalk and I was thinking abut making my own. But the issue is: I'm not smart.

I can't come up with good builds on my own. I have no idea about warframe/weapon/ability synergies or how to get the best out of my equipment - which is something considering I'm playing since 2018. My builds are usually just basic stuff. The most elaborate I've gotten was putting Duration and Efficiency mods on my Valkyr to make her 4 last longer and also the most in terms of synergy was making my Wukong clone shoot enemies with my Kuva Nukor as a primer (after it took me 5 years to learn what a primer is) and using a Panzer Vulpaphyla to spread Viral.

That said, I know that there are people who show off builds and that people will tell me to look up those, tho there is another issue, a rather personal one. The fact that it's made by others and I just pretty much copy their homework instead of putting in the work myself to figure things out doesn't sit well with me. Instead of forging my own path, I get told what to do - even with the best intentions by people.

So that's where I sit at that point in time. I'd appreciate some feedback.

21 answers to this question

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Tesla_Reloaded:

Check https://overframe.gg/ - this site contains many popular builds for various situations, including SP And, often the builds come with information on how to use them efficiently.

vor 18 Minuten schrieb (PSN)KyomaSatomi:

That said, I know that there are people who show off builds and that people will tell me to look up those, tho there is another issue, a rather personal one. The fact that it's made by others and I just pretty much copy their homework instead of putting in the work myself to figure things out doesn't sit well with me. Instead of forging my own path, I get told what to do - even with the best intentions by people.

23 minutes ago, (PSN)KyomaSatomi said:

With this last bit best you can do is open the warframe wiki and learn -in a progressive way- all you can about the damage system. 

With that knowledge you should also be able to "reverse engineer" builds from others to figure out what makes them work or do some further research about any dark mod you may find in there and don't know about its role.

It can be a long trip, but in the long term it pays off much better than just copying someone else's builds or setups; and its also a lot more reliable than just throwing mods at the build then see if it works.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb ----Legacy----:

With this last bit best you can do is open the warframe wiki and learn -in a progressive way- all you can about the damage system. 

With that knowledge you should also be able to "reverse engineer" builds from others to figure out what makes them work or do some further research about any dark mod you may find in there and don't know about its role.

It can be a long trip, but in the long term it pays off much better than just copying someone else's builds or setups; and its also a lot more reliable than just throwing mods at the build then see if it works.

Not a bad idea.

I just hope I can get my brain to work with that without just making my head spin.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Tesla_Reloaded:

Don't want to use your own brain and too proud to accept an advice, huh? Then there's no other solution for you than to not play SP.

Not sure if you didn't read what I said or if you're just a troll, but you did miss the point.

1 hour ago, (PSN)KyomaSatomi said:

That's understandable, however, looking at the builds of others is a good starting point. You will learn what mods are usually used and what to avoid; from there, you can start swapping stuff on your own and see what works.

16 minutes ago, (PSN)KyomaSatomi said:

It's more of a real life thing that has bled over into the games I play.

Even in RL, refusing to utilize other people's experience significantly slows down your own growth.

Edited by Xaero
  • Like 1

To @(PSN)KyomaSatomi : I personally hate SP so I can appreciate your effort of doing thing YOUR own way, it's the good way to do thing.

@Tesla_Reloaded said : "Don't want to use your own brain and too proud to accept an advice, huh? Then there's no other solution for you than to not play SP."

Your first sentence is basically a sophism called "the Straw man fallacy" where YOU imply that Kyoma does not want to use his brain despite he state himself the opposite.

where YOU imply that Kyoma does not want to any advice.

Your second sentence is conclusion of your fallacy that I can resume by :

1. I give you an advice to use META build,
  2. if you don't use it, this mean you don't use your brain
  3. If you don't use your brain don't play steel path

Dear Tesla, I do no know if you are manipulative by habit or by wish; My Advice Stop with this eternal No-brain-use-meta-build.

To @(PSN)KyomaSatomi,

I don't like SP because it's a ALWAYS MORE POWEEEER !!! game but I like SP circuit thanks to decrees and short mission type...

My personal advice so far :

1. MY Survivability come with Gladiator Build on melee/Warframe + Melee Oriented Decree.
  2. MY Primary Weapons efficiency usually benefit a lot from Ranger Reload over use (roll-shoot until empty, redo)
  3. MY Secondary Primary Weapons is usually headshot oriented (Laetum, Lex incarnon)
  4. WarFrame survivability is linked to Unairu's Focus (auto-revive, armor+shield stipping) & Heavy Armor (Health Conversion only is enough) + Health (Arcane)
  5. WarFrame durability is often linked to Immunity / Status Immunity use (Valkyr, Nyx) OR wise Operator use (Magus Nourish : Warframe gain +35HP/s in OP mode)
  6. SteelPath is best played ALONE with an 37FORMA weapons, SP Circuit in team with Full Melee Decree OR Full shooting decree...

About Warframes exacts build, I won't give you advice as I am an awfully bad at FPS so my build follow my style...

• My Main are Frost (Armor+Gladiator+Archon-armored), Nova (Duration+Adaptation+Archon-1k-Energy).
  • My Warframe of choice in SP circuit are : Valkyr (Health+Rage), Hildryn, Stalker
  • My 45 others Frames have a Gladiator's Build + Health Conversion + Arcane Blessing (more health) + Arcane Reconstruct (Energy to heal & support).

Those are My advice, Don't use others or Meta build; Understand some build, try some build by yourself to see what fit you the best.

THIS IS A HOW YOU DO FEEDBACK... not some eagerly comment like the 90% of what I have read 🧐

vor 31 Minuten schrieb Xaero:

Even in RL, refusing to utilize other people's experience significantly slows down your own growth.

I get where you are coming from. It's from my personal experience that when I can't pick up how to do stuff quickly, it does reflect badly on my own abilities.

1 hour ago, Genitive said:

That's understandable, however, looking at the builds of others is a good starting point. You will learn what mods are usually used and what to avoid; from there, you can start swapping stuff on your own and see what works.

^^^^^This is the way^^^^^. Listen to Genitive and don’t let pride get in the way of you having fun. SP is awesome.
Wukong can easily survive in SP since you can just use his 2 to get back full health. Put the three umbra formas on him plus adaptation. Build for strength and you’re good to go. Replace his 3 with gloom or Xata’s Whisper for an even better time.

I got my builds from listening to others here as I’m not that smart either. Just ask questions, trying to figure out stuff yourself is really hard in this game. Who would think that less shields are better, just as an example.

Hello. So my first advice, would be to take it slow. All of it. 

I would also say, try out Revenant. Revenant has Mesmer skin, its really powerful right now. If you are familiar with Wukong and Valkyr, you will probably be fine with Revenant, as they all have one button press abilities, which can make you tanky. 

Revenants is Mesmer Skin, its Square on PSN. Basically makes you invincible/invulnerable. Build wise, you just need strength for that ability. 

Then just so some solo missions. Capture, maybe Exterminate. Take it slow, try to have fun, enjoy the OP Incarnon weapons etc. After a while, certain things may start to click, as you get more familiar with them. Like you might find Grineer a bit more tanky. Though relatively straight forward (no power draining, no Nullifiers). Corpus you might find more annoying, since they have Nullifiers... so even though people generally say Corpus are weak, you might find then annoying. Infested may also be weak, but they may also be annoying too, with energy drain... Either way, try to get used to it.

Once you feel relaxed and familiar, start exploring the environment. If you can start to multi task? As in be aware of enemies, but feel fine and safe exploring, by using your movement abilities? Like bullet jumping, and rolling and getting around faster? Well you are practicing your Parkour and movement abilities. You won't really have to worry about dying too much, if you are Revenant, just try not take that for granted, try to jump around and roll and kill enemies before they can shoot you. Still take it slow, but hopefully, enough practice, will mean, your subconscious should be picking up bits and pieces and incorporating it, into how you play. 

It might take a while, but eventually some of those skills, you can then apply to other Warframes. 

When I first tried Steel Path, I tried using Rhino. I died a lot lol, but now I can do it with every Warframe. I don't consider myself good, just my knowledge improved, slowly, but surely. 

Also finally? Eh, not the biggest deal if you can't. Brains can be weird, and sometimes not much can be done. I can struggle to be concise, my brain is always telling me new and possibly better ways to say something that might communicate better, "Maybe they didn't understand what you said, maybe add 3 more sentences that are slightly different, but different enough, maybe that will work? I am sure that won't just sound redundant or add unnecessary extra words?!?!"

Good luck either way, and most importantly try to have fun too! 

13 hours ago, (PSN)KyomaSatomi said:

I've seen people come up with builds that make those missions look like a cakewalk and I was thinking abut making my own. But the issue is: I'm not smart.

all you have to know if you're planning to play for more than one round in SP circuit is to have 100% AoE armor shred when you want to have more damage and use vazarin focus school when you want survivability. That's the build pretty much on most of the roster. 

No need to smart oonga your way boonga.

14 hours ago, (PSN)KyomaSatomi said:

[...]

Let me give you some basic advice you can use on your own:

To kill enemies on the Steel Path, you want either:

• Slash+Viral, you can outsource Viral from a primer.
  • Remove enemies armor, usually done via abilities.
  • (Corrosive+)Heat, especially good on beam weapons.
  • Use buffs like Roar.

To survive you'll need either continuous healing and high health/armor (Healing Return/Life Strike can do this, among many other things), preferably with the mod Adaptation, some sort of ability that protects you (like being invisible), in which case you might also want the Zenurik focus school to always have energy, or you can rely on a combination of shield gating (refreshing your shield with certain mods) and crowd control abilities, but this costs a lot of energy, to the point that you will need Arcane Energize.

17 hours ago, (PSN)KyomaSatomi said:

Wrong. Nobody forces anything down your throat - it is merely an information you can but do not have to use in making your own decisions.

Why waste time testing something if it already had been tested and the results are available? Most of the popular overframe builds are pure trash. Similar with some of the youtubers.

There are  those who specialize in SP Endurance content, and there are those that specialize in clickable videos for fabois. It is up to you who you watch or take advice from. 

5 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

DO NOT use Valkyr in the STEEL PATH Circuit if you do not also get your stat stick in the weapon pick, been there done that.

Bro, Valkyr doesnt use stat sticks.

• Like 1

You shouldn't look at it like "I need the perfect build for SP", but more like: how can I improve my current build? And this goes mostly for your warframe and primary weapon. Then you improve both bit by bit, and in the process, see what you like or not.

Wukong has pretty good survivability, it shouldn't be too hard to get him to a state where you at least can survive the missions. But often, killing enemies is more important.

Edited by Aazhyd

6 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

DO NOT use Valkyr in the STEEL PATH Circuit if you do not also get your stat stick in the weapon pick, been there done that. :facepalm:

1 hour ago, Zakkhar said:

Bro, Valkyr doesnt use stat sticks.

Technically no but Valkyr can benefit from a stat stick with mods to help her Talons.

Edited by Slayer-.
spelling