Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Hotfixing paused until The Seven Crimes of Kullervo Update

[DE]Momaw

Greetings Tenno!

You may have already heard about Warfarme’s next update, titled The Seven Crimes of Kullervo. More details about exactly what this update includes are available in Devstream #171. If you missed the live broadcast you can check the video or review the Devstream Overview to know what to expect!

In order to fully concentrate on The Seven Crimes, we will be holding off on releasing additional hotfixes between now and when the update is ready. Day to day operations will continue as normal, and we will be continuing to collect feedback and bug reports.  To see a list of which issues are already fixed and coming with the update, see our "Upcoming Fixes" post.

While you’re waiting, some other things to keep an eye on:

• Confused about the difference between a hotfix and a feature update? Check here for explanation.
  • Scheduled live streams like Prime Time and Warframe International will continue as planned
  • Warframe has partnered with Covenant House for a charitable fundraising campaign. Please consider reading about The Mission at https://wrfr.me/chmm23
  • Tennocon 2023 is scheduled for August 26th!  All physical tickets are sold out, but if you’re interested in some excellent offers from the Digital Pack, you can learn more at https://www.warframe.com/tennocon

Thank you for your patience as we focus on building the next chapter.

Edited by [DE]Momaw
  • Like 16

So boosters broken in Duviri for 2 months? That's two thirds of a Prime Access in duration. 

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Doubt we'll ever see a fix for the +damage perks on Incarnons not working with "+Damage per status" effects either.

Yeah, because the mods they are based off of still haven't been fixed properly in the last 2 years since they were added. The best we got was a description change to slide the AoE bug under the rug.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 20

At next drop, Please fix weapon skins not working in incarnon mode. Its probably easier (even if only as a temporary fix) to just let skins override the incarnon cosmetic effects which i think everyone would be more than happy with. We care about the gameplay changes/buffs of incarnon mode, not what it looks like, especially if the cosmetics of incarnon delete the skins we had to pay (sometimes if skins are locked in a bundle alot of) plat for. Of course if yall wanted to just make incarnon cosmetics for every skin, thatd be fine too but likely a huge task that would take a long time so thats not what i nor anyone (reasonable) in the community is asking for. Again, please allow skins to just override incarnon cosmetics. Heck, i wouldnt even care if the projectile animation stayed the same as i cant see that, but i can see my skin and id like that to reflect the thing i spent plat (that i paid for with money, not trading) on

Edited by (NSW)BIGFO0T
Clarity
  • Like 13

22 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Well, Duviri bugs and I are gonna become good friends waiting I guess. Still no fix for Resource boosters in Circuit, or how unstable host migrations are. Doubt we'll ever see a fix for the +damage perks on Incarnons not working with "+Damage per status" effects either. Or half the other broken perks.

Not to mention Zylok multishot on incarnon and it's AoE being bugged. I'll be honest it was a bit of a disappointment and those two things happening make it worse.

• Like 6

Is this how the new way of approaching updates going to be like?
Kullervo update arrives & supposedly filled with lots of bugs.
Another new PSA: In order to fully concentrate on next update, we will be holding off on releasing additional hotfixes for bugs in current update.

Surprised Pikachu meme

• Like 11

7 hours ago, LogicalNecromancy said:

I'm just gonna say it. I know this is gonna sound controversial, but...

It's literally not that bad y'all. It is literally May 29th. June is next month.

I mean, I agree with you. On a personal level. 

That being said, nothing wrong with people venting or airing frustrations or annoyance either. People are different about these things, and thats okay. Like personally? Host migration errors are pretty annoying to myself. I'd rather opt to stay in a lot of Circuit missions, because some hosts want to leave after the first round. Not really worth the risk though, so I have to leave as well. Currently. Bunch of Incarnon weapons have issues, some more than others. I also know eventually stuff will be sorted/improved, but thats just me. 

Mind you, its not like everything was going to be fixed in the next Hotfix anyway. Next Hotfix would still also have people mentioning a bunch of bugs, new bugs, old bugs, Adjustments so on. Personally I would find it fruitless to add on too much venting style frustrations. Its not like its going to reach DE, get them to pause on creating new stuff, fix a few bugs, prioritise the hotfix, and then have different people complain/vent, but hey, Forums often exist to just let peoples voices be heard. 

In a weird way, could also be a good thing, could suggest the update is in the front half of June and not on, like the last day of June. 

• Like 4

Oh, the exact opposite of what you should do.

Delay the Kulerwo to post-Tennocon even. Make all (both?) Duviri modes stable before adding another literal content island.

We're getting close to full loop of incarnon weapons cycle and you know well this feature is the selling point of the update so why not prioritize making it work as intended?

Speaking of "working as intended", there are some synergies with arcanes, frames and weapons which seem to operate in favor of crafty players to the point of totally trivializing any challenge. I'm not a fan of stripping myself from all difficulty but by delaying hotfixes and refusing to properly investigate the state of the game you also allow some Tenno to progress in a questionable fashion, possibly without them even knowing about the exploits.

• Like 2

So is this how things will be going forward? Tons of bugs left in duviri, dread incarnon crashing the game and you're putting hotfixes on hold?

Did too many devs move to soulframe or what?

• Like 12

9 hours ago, Mazifet said:

At least give the release date if you are stopping hotfixes. It could be next week or it could be over a month of waiting.

DE never give out (or try to avoid) a release date, cuz they can't stick to them, ever.

2 hours ago, ---RNGesus--- said:

Is this how the new way of approaching updates going to be like?

Yup, always had been this way, you'll get used to it  

28 minutes ago, German said:

Did too many devs move to soulframe or what?

Yes.

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Yup, always had been this way, you'll get used to it

To be fair, on PC we historically always got priority fixes for things that were game breaking, like progression stops or crashes; they can't do that now because of build parity, needing to be on the same version requiring cert to pass on all console storefronts before pushing any updates (they can still fix it with a hotfix in certain cases if it's just a script or asset missing I believe). It's not inherently a bad thing, but it does mean they need to focus more on testing & bug fixes a lot more than they're doing if the time between potential fixes is going to increase. There's a few major functionality bugs that come to mind that they need to address, like:

• Merulina / operator use removing Yareli from the mission and not giving you any EOM rewards
  • Boosters not applying to some Duviri materials
  • Killer's confidence with vortex abilities causing excessive slow (this one is being fixed soon tbf)
  • Gauss causing Archwing to be extremely slow
  • Sleight of Hand causing forced console lockdowns in missions that should not have them
  • Dread's Incarnon coup de grace causing crashes

While this isn't exhaustive (and doesn't include the litany of host migration issues that are its own separate thing tbh) and isn't meant to be like a checklist since some of them are coming with Kullervo update, it does indicate some problems because these aren't like "oh, haha weird clipping issue with the texture" or slight inconvenience, and it raises concerns for how these bugs are being prioritized.

I get that they may take development time and troubleshooting (TWW looping bug is still an issue even now too), but major loss of functionality / game breaking / crashing issues should definitely take priority, or at the very least have a few dedicated staff to resolving these and other major long-standing bugs. There's no shortage of reports or people willing to do repro steps and troubleshoot on forums or discord to assist in resolving them, and I don't doubt that devs want to fix bugs like this too, but it feels like there's not really being any time allocated to that and more of a focus on new content.

It's a live service game so like, I get it, but there definitely needs to be a balance or people are just going to keep encountering buggy messes and it's a bit concerning. This game is no stranger to bugs, and that's to be expected with the thousands of lines of code and different systems in it, but I'd love to see a better workflow for handling and addressing some of the major ones rather than just what's limited to the newest few weeks of content.

• Like 6

17 hours ago, [DE]Momaw said:

Thank you for your patience as we focus on building the next chapter.

How about you fix your game, attend to shortcomings in older content (like third orb), and make sure the core game runs well with enough engaging content, before kicking over another barrel of bugs while working on yet another content island?

• Like 9

12 hours ago, Sannidor said:

Oh, the exact opposite of what you should do.

Delay the Kulerwo to post-Tennocon even. Make all (both?) Duviri modes stable before adding another literal content island.

We're getting close to full loop of incarnon weapons cycle and you know well this feature is the selling point of the update so why not prioritize making it work as intended?

Speaking of "working as intended", there are some synergies with arcanes, frames and weapons which seem to operate in favor of crafty players to the point of totally trivializing any challenge. I'm not a fan of stripping myself from all difficulty but by delaying hotfixes and refusing to properly investigate the state of the game you also allow some Tenno to progress in a questionable fashion, possibly without them even knowing about the exploits.

Imagine calling for nerfs in a pve game with no competitive features whatsoever

• Like 3