Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Incarnon melee UI

Incarnon gun and melee have quite different UI.

Guns stack headshots on a bar under the crosshairs, then on Incarnon mode the crosshairs change and the bar shows how much charge you have left. "Incarnon mode" is shown in prominent (default orange) writing after the weapon name.

This UI works really well. It could do with a sound when Incarnon is used up, but that's it.

Melee get to a 6x combo, then you heavy attack to transform the weapon for 3 mins. The only indication is a buff icon in top right (usually one of at least 5). In the usual chaos on screen this is consistently lost, and contributes to Incarnon melee feeling far less impactful than guns.

Audio is lost too, I think there's a sound on entering the mode but it's hard to hear over the heavy attack.

Instead:

- Crosshairs should change while Incarnon mode is active

- A timer showing the remaining should be on the crosshairs (same as charge for guns)

- "Incarnon mode" should be shown next to the weapon name, same as for guns.

- A prominent sound should play on entering the mode, and a different sound build up over the last 10 seconds of the mode (so you know when to start building up combo to restart it)

• Like 4

I agree that Incarnon mode for melee weapons should be refined a bit. Right now it is not intuitive at all, and having to look at top right corner of the screen to check how much time do you have left is inconvenient to say the least. IMO having the same bar as Incarnon weapons would do, as you would be able to see approximately how much time is left on your Incarnon mode. Also, it could be used when you're not in Incarnon mode the same way Incarnon guns do, it would just go from 0% at 0 combo to 100% at whatever threshold your melee weapon has to break to be able to evolve.

5 hours ago, JustMahPartyCannon said:

it would just go from 0% at 0 combo to 100% at whatever threshold your melee weapon has to break to be able to evolve

Good idea, but we are already pretty used to the combo counter where it is and all the melee so far need the same 6x - so this is a lot less needed than the timer that tells us when it's going to run out.

• 1 month later...

I've been unable to see if my melee was in incarnon mode. The primary weapons are clearly labelled when they're in incarnon mode. Thanks for posting that there is some sort of indicator in the top right corner. I'll have to look next time.