Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion for Inaros' Passive Ability Enhancement

Mothman-OEF

Dear Warframe Developers and Tennos,

As an avid Tenno with over 200 hours of gameplay with Inaros, I have developed a deep fondness for this Warframe, largely due to my fascination with Egyptian Mythology. Interestingly, despite Inaros being melee weapon-oriented, I have found great success in utilizing primary-secondary weapons and adopting a non-melee weapon-oriented build, even in challenging modes like Steel Path. This experience has reinforced my belief that with careful consideration and sufficient improvements, any Warframe and playstyle can be viable.

However, despite my positive experiences, I can't help but feel that Inaros could benefit from some rework. The countless memories I have created while playing as Inaros have inspired me to seek improvements for this beloved Warframe. I strongly believe that even slight changes and enhancements can elevate Inaros to new heights, allowing players to fully appreciate the potential that lies within this non-meta warframe. The Inaros Prime and Ash Prime Resurgence is here. That made me think it is the perfect time to write my proposition.

I am writing to propose an enhancement for Inaros' passive ability, "Undying," which I believe will improve the overall gameplay experience and align it with the capabilities of newer Warframes, such as Sevagoth.

Undying is a unique and thematically fitting passive ability, allowing Inaros to enter an immobile Sarcophagus upon fatal injury and gradually revive himself by siphoning health from enemies or receiving assistance from allies. However, with the introduction of Sevagoth's passive ability, it has become apparent that there is room to further enhance Inaros' gameplay. 

Firstly, I would like to highlight the similarities between Inaros' Undying and Sevagoth's passive ability. Sevagoth's passive ability not only allows him to enter the Shadow form upon death but also grants him access to the Shadow form's abilities and a unique exalted weapon. This enhancement has greatly contributed to Sevagoth's versatility and overall playstyle.

Taking inspiration from Sevagoth's design, I suggest introducing an augment mod for Inaros' Undying. I tried to create one myself called "Undying Judgement" This augment links Inaros' Bleedout damage of the Siphon Beam to primary weapon damage. The damage type and specifications are tied to the modifications of the weapon equipped by the player, allowing Tennos to modify their siphon beam and revive when downed even in Steel Path. Additionally, "Undying Judgement" incorporates the effects of the "Undying Will" modification, reducing Inaros' Bleedout time by 42% .This augment mod would increase the damage of the siphon beam, making it a more impactful and engaging ability. Without drastic changes as well. To ensure balance and customization the percentage of buffs can be changed for further optimization.

Additionally, I propose the introduction an exalted weapon tied to Inaros' Sarcophagus also took inspration from Sevagoth respectively. Which I would also name "Undying Judgement" respectively. When Inaros experiences fatal injury and enters his Sarcophagus, he gains access to this unique exalted weapon only used while he is in his Sarcophagus, which would operate as an upgraded version of the siphon beam. The exalted weapon's damage could be modifiable using primary weapon mods, providing players with a sense of progression and customization within Inaros' passive ability. This also doesn't require change in weapon design. And then yet would add new mastery points and still require more work than adding an augmentation modificaiton.

By implementing any of these enhancements, Inaros would benefit from improved damage output while on sacrophagus state, adding further depth and excitement to his gameplay without requiring significant changes to his existing passive ability or the active abilities. It also brings Inaros' Undying more in line with the capabilities and versatility of newer Warframes.

I believe these enhancements will not only provide a more engaging gameplay experience for Inaros players but also contribute to the overall diversity and customization options available within the Warframe universe.

Thank you for your attention to this suggestion. I greatly appreciate your dedication to continually improving and expanding the Warframe experience.

Sincerely,

IudexHonorem aka Judicator Onur.