Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA on Screen Shake

Tobiron

I had WF crash and all my options settings were reset to default (Awful experience by the way) so had to go in to Option settings to sort it out. While looking to disable camera shake I found the setting in Accessibility and not Video settings. I made a post for this as all comments I googled said it was in video section. It isn't. It's in the Accessibility section. Hopefully I saved someone a bit of time which we all know is the real endgame meta...

That's a fake option setting that actually changes nothing. Just a pretty button to press

The recoil can be disgustingly nauseating on high RoF weapons. Screenshake does NOTHING. Recoil reduction mods are the real accessibility features. 

Please, just make the targeting reticle jump around the screen, instead of jiggling and vibrating my entire pov

Edited by (XBOX)CaligulaTwily
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

It does nothing for recoil, but it does eliminate  other forms of screen shake.

It does nothing

The other forms of screenshake are infrequent or negligible compared to the horrible screenshake on Tenet Diplos and others. It be like "this umbrella does nothing for diving underwater, but it eliminates other forms of getting wet" 

It does nothing

2 hours ago, (XBOX)CaligulaTwily said:

That's a fake option setting that actually changes nothing. Just a pretty button to press

Well, I ran Tethys after changing field of view, bloom etc but the camera shake was not fun. After I found the setting clicked this off, it was better. 

• Like 2

Tho, to be fair, years ago I "turned off screenshake" to reduce the shake from recoil (which did nothing).

My goal was the recoil, so I hadn't or didn't notice the other forms of screenshake, so I don't even remember "how bad it is" normally. Couldn't have been *that bad* if the goal was the recoil and not "general screenshake"

I play on PSN and came across the same issue. I had to figure out how I made the settings from 5+ years ago because everything looked off to me. Not really a game breaking bug but i didn't crash or anything I think... I just logged on like normal and my Settings were reset :(